Cronk training with Storm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RoosterChick View Post
    The issue is that he is on a 6 figure contract with the Roosters coaching staff. To be involved with another teams field session and also giving individual coaching sessions to a player or players on that opposition team to me seems unethical. I find it disrespectful to the trust that the Roosters have put in him. Some on here would probably disagree but to me it’s not the right thing to do and I am actually shocked and extremely disappointed that Cronk is doing this. I thought he had integrity but obviously I was wrong.
    You don't have a clue what he is on at the Roosters, or if he has a CONTRACT. Obviously it is not a full time position, so like any other part time employee, what he does with his free time is up to him.

Comment

Cronk deserved his life membership......there was no way we would have won 2018 & 2019 without him. The 2018 GF you all will be telling your grandkids and great grand kids about!

I don't care what he does from here on. I think he is way too smart to go into coaching full time and the media is where his future lies.....but that his choice. He can help out Melbourne, Qld or whoever he likes. Nothing can take away those great 2 years he had for us and thats all that matters

Comment

Originally posted by Random Rooster View Post
        Cronk deserved his life membership......there was no way we would have won 2018 & 2019 without him. The 2018 GF you all will be telling your grandkids and great grand kids about!

I don't care what he does from here on. I think he is way too smart to go into coaching full time and the media is where his future lies.....but that his choice. He can help out Melbourne, Qld or whoever he likes. Nothing can take away those great 2 years he had for us and thats all that matters
        yep. life membership's a big thing but if one of the criteria can be you're a celebrated player who plays out only the last two years of your career with us and help us go b2b then i'm fine with that

Comment

lol... there's a bigger picture to this.......
          Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Originally posted by NorfolkStreetKid View Post

You don't have a clue what he is on at the Roosters, or if he has a CONTRACT. Obviously it is not a full time position, so like any other part time employee, what he does with his free time is up to him.
            So you can’t see a conflict of interest there?
            I would be very surprised if he didn’t have a CONTRACT. This is a business after all. He’s employed by the Roosters in a coaching capacity. He would be getting paid to do it. He is obviously also getting paid by the Storm in some capacity. He wouldn’t be doing any of this WORK for free. Your comment about what he does in his free time is up to him might not be correct . It would depend on the terms and conditions of his agreement with the Roosters. If the Roosters have agreed to him doing field sessions and personal coaching of a rival team’s players then I guess it’s ok. If they haven’t and he is moonlighting then that would be a breach of the the agreement.

Comment

So you can’t see a conflict of interest there?
              I would be very surprised if he didn’t have a CONTRACT. This is a business after all. He’s employed by the Roosters in a coaching capacity. He would be getting paid to do it. He is obviously also getting paid by the Storm in some capacity. He wouldn’t be doing any of this WORK for free. Your comment about what he does in his free time is up to him might not be correct . It would depend on the terms and conditions of his agreement with the Roosters. If the Roosters have agreed to him doing field sessions and personal coaching of a rival team’s players then I guess it’s ok. If they haven’t and he is moonlighting then that would be a breach of the the agreement.
              There will be no breach of contract RoosterChick. Cooper is highly thought of at the Roosyers & they know he is a professional who teaches halves about how to game manage, he has no knowledge of game plans & he doesn’t work for Melbourne to try to fark the Roosters over. The Roosters don’t own him, he is a consultant & can consult for who he wants when he wants.

Comment

No-one should be making assumptions. The story in the paper said that he had not told the Roosters he was doing this, and that they had contacted his manager for a "please explain". I don't know the truth of the matter but I do have concerns if he is on a 6 figure contract with us (as reported).

Comment

Nothing to see here, move along.

Comment

Originally posted by Waylander View Post
                    No-one should be making assumptions. The story in the paper said that he had not told the Roosters he was doing this, and that they had contacted his manager for a "please explain". I don't know the truth of the matter but I do have concerns if he is on a 6 figure contract with us (as reported).
                    i wouldn't assume that the story in the paper is completely accurate. plus the idea that we'd contact his manager rather than have a talk with him on the phone or next time he came to training seems very unlikely.

cronk has given us every reason to trust him - the storm mischievously post a one off photo and people start throwing mud at him?!

Comment

Originally posted by The Brain View Post
                      lol... there's a bigger picture to this.......
                      Is it the fact that there is no sight of C.Smith around Melbourne anymore.....

Safe to assume that Cronk won't be working with the Titans or possibly Broncos halfs anytime soon

Comment

Originally posted by Salvatori Grubber View Post
                        He shouldn’t have gotten life membership. Nothing to do with this thread’s theme or anything, I just think that two seasons is not enough.
                        He did enough in those two seasons.

Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

I disagree with what you are saying. I don’t believe for one minute that the Roosters would be ok with Cronk coaching Storm players whilst being contracted to coach our halves. Anyway we shall see in the coming days/weeks what will be the outcome if this.
                          Is Cronk still employed by our club? If so, we don't know the terms. He was let go by the club last year due to the Covid situation and he's entitled to make money as he sees fit.

Comment

Originally posted by Salvatori Grubber View Post
                            He shouldn’t have gotten life membership. Nothing to do with this thread’s theme or anything, I just think that two seasons is not enough.
                            Agree

You dont see fitzy consulting with dragons while coaching Roosters!

Life memberships should only be given to life ROOSTERS!! No if no buts

Comment

I was 1 to agree with the life membership when it was known that Cronk was a Roosters half coach then this happened!

Not happy! Who really bloody knows what hes telling storm about us! That thought in its self is fcked

Comment

Originally posted by Snapn1 View Post
                                I was 1 to agree with the life membership when it was known that Cronk was a Roosters half coach then this happened!

Not happy! Who really bloody knows what hes telling storm about us! That thought in its self is fcked
                                there's no reason to think cronk would be telling the storm our secrets. plus it's not as if he wouldn't talk to ex-storm team mates on the phone on a regular basis. i believe him and croft talk a bit.

we were lucky to get cronk at all. no doubt he'll do great things with our halves this year. let's not be too precious

Comment

Working...
                                X