No announcement yet.

Cronk training with Storm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buzz needs to give it away. The old folks home has been calling for years now

Comment

Originally posted by ROC181 View Post
      Cooper Cronk is a person of high integrity who wouldn't be doing dodgy deals.
      Agreed. Nick woulda locked him outta the building if he was stuffing us around.

IMO there would definitely be Chinese walls in place. I'd be guessing that a bit like a Penn & Teller explanations of magic tricks, Cronk can answer tech questions in a way that Robbo/Bellamy can understand, without giving away the secret of the other coach's magic tricks.

Frankly... Bellamy, Robbo and Bennett would all be talented enough to know each other's tricks without there being any leaks. While I hate Souffs and the Drizzle, they're not coached by desperate fools who would stoop to that sorta cheating (or benefit from it). I reckon you'd only be concerned if Cronk was talking to a lesser coach, in need of a cheap leg-up... which I don't think he'd do under any circumstances.

Comment

Originally posted by SupermanSupportsEasts4Eva View Post
        Buzz needs to give it away. The old folks home has been calling for years now
        Not until Ray Warren gets his spot first.

Comment

So, Cronk coaches Roosters halves on say Tuesday...gets paid by the Roosters....then on Thursday coaches Storm halves, and gets paid by the Storm.
          Howzat work?

Maybe Trent could coach the Roosters on Mondays...get paid by the Roosters ...then coach the Rabbits on Thursdays, and get paid by the Rabbits.

Comment

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post
            So, Cronk coaches Roosters halves on say Tuesday...gets paid by the Roosters....then on Thursday coaches Storm halves, and gets paid by the Storm.
            Howzat work?

Maybe Trent could coach the Roosters on Mondays...get paid by the Roosters ...then coach the Rabbits on Thursdays, and get paid by the Rabbits.
            One person is working a part time job, the other a full time job.

It's not that confusing come on...

Comment

Melbourne Storm comes clean after Cooper Cronk photo controversy

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...c89a0257ceb029
              "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by TheLoneRooster View Post
                Melbourne Storm comes clean after Cooper Cronk photo controversy

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...c89a0257ceb029
                they've got a history of having two sets of books down there.

the club would know of the deal so anyone who thought cronk was acting without integrity can rest assured that that wasn't the case.

i'm sure he'll give great value to both teams and always act with integrity.

we gave him life membership (he didn't apply for it) but that doesn't mean he has to dump the majority of his career (spent with the storm).

Comment

Its not ideal. Bit different to say a Daryl Halligan teaching goalkicking at several clubs. This is your key playmakers and tactical stuff. Don’t think Easts be too happy, but wouldn't say publicly obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
                    Its not ideal. Bit different to say a Daryl Halligan teaching goalkicking at several clubs. This is your key playmakers and tactical stuff. Don’t think Easts be too happy, but wouldn't say publicly obviously.
                    not ideal, but what's the choice?

Comment

Surely easts knew about his role in Melbourne before they saw it in the papers. We know what usually happens to people when they make uncle nick look stupid.

Comment

Clear Conflict of interest...he can not work with both clubs and school them each in how to beat their opponents....he has to hold back in either or both situations .... each club is not getting the best out of him on how to dominate either opponent....one club should terminate his services

Comment

It's funny, even though he played the majority of his career at the Storm, I can't visualise Cooper Cronk wearing their jersey. I think his being there has everything to do with Mr. Sampson retiring/going up to the Titans/Disappearing up his own arse. Cronk wouldn't go back otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by gragra View Post
                            Clear Conflict of interest...he can not work with both clubs and school them each in how to beat their opponents....he has to hold back in either or both situations .... each club is not getting the best out of him on how to dominate either opponent....one club should terminate his services
                            that's a bit drastic. he lives in sydney and can't coach the storm full time so if we played hard ball with him he might dump the storm connection but do we want to play hard ball with this bloke?

absolutely he could be of worth to the storm without telling them how to dominate us. the guy knows a lot about footy

Comment

But he cant school our halves in how to dominate the storm halves...I wouldn't want our adviser working with my opponents.....he can not be as forthright in his advice with a foot in each camp...

Comment

He just went there to state his case for his own statue alongside Cam and Bill.
                                ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Working...
                                X