No announcement yet.

Cronk training with Storm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cronk will be on NRL360 tonight addressing his dual coaching roles.

Comment

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post
      So, Cronk coaches Roosters halves on say Tuesday...gets paid by the Roosters....then on Thursday coaches Storm halves, and gets paid by the Storm.
      Howzat work?

Maybe Trent could coach the Roosters on Mondays...get paid by the Roosters ...then coach the Rabbits on Thursdays, and get paid by the Rabbits.
      Just like any consultant really?

For example you'll get partners who advise company X about how to streamline their tax on Monday, then advise company Y (their competitor) on how to do the same thing the next day. Both companies save on tax so they remain happy with the service.

IMO you can tell somebody how they can become a better half without giving away any emerging tactics. I reckon it'd be pretty obvious if Cronk's advice to our halves was being counter-acted by the Drizz as if they 'knew too much' and Cronk would lose our trust. I don't think this is happening.

Comment

It's not a correct analogy ism. Advising on tax matters doesnt affect company A or B as a competitor. How about if the consultant was advising marketing campaigns?One campaign to beat a competitor....or now a footballer to be better skilled at beating his opponent...I dont like it!

Comment

Ive lost some respect for Coops that his heart isn't as a rooster but just a hired gun doing a job....that's his prerogative, but I would rather he wear only 1 hat at a time!

Comment

Robbo has spoken

Sydney Roosters Statement regarding Cooper Cronk - Roosters

The Sydney Roosters have issued the following statement from Head Coach Trent Robinson regarding Cooper Cronk’s role with the Club:

“First and foremost, Cooper Cronk is a man of integrity. His ability to share his knowledge and insight whilst holding the strength of the two organisations is unquestionable.

“While this information has only now entered the public domain, it’s no secret to me that he mentors the Storm halves and works in their commercial department.

“Cooper has been clear and transparent with me about his role from the outset and as far as we are concerned, it’s business as usual.”

Comment

Originally posted by 117 View Post
              Robbo has spoken

Sydney Roosters Statement regarding Cooper Cronk - Roosters

The Sydney Roosters have issued the following statement from Head Coach Trent Robinson regarding Cooper Cronk’s role with the Club:

“First and foremost, Cooper Cronk is a man of integrity. His ability to share his knowledge and insight whilst holding the strength of the two organisations is unquestionable.

“While this information has only now entered the public domain, it’s no secret to me that he mentors the Storm halves and works in their commercial department.

“Cooper has been clear and transparent with me about his role from the outset and as far as we are concerned, it’s business as usual.”
              That's the end of that then. Storm in a teacup. so to speak.

Comment

There is no sugar coating it. It’s a conflict of interest. In no other organisation around the world would it happen. You would be marched out the door of one of the organisations. No difference here.

I can’t believe we agreed to it tbh.
                Exonerate the West Memphis Three - www.wm3.org

Comment

Originally posted by Roosterfarian View Post
                  There is no sugar coating it. It’s a conflict of interest. In no other organisation around the world would it happen. You would be marched out the door of one of the organisations. No difference here.

I can’t believe we agreed to it tbh.
                  IMO more accurately it's a perceived conflict of interest that has been managed appropriately.

Similarly my brother and I are both lawyers. I work somewhere, he works elsewhere and occasionally his broader workplace comes up.

This doesn't mean there's a blanket ban on me advising one side when he works there. It just means that (like Cronk), we both reveal our connection whenever any perceived conflicts arise.

As Robbo's noted, Cronk's been transparent about this the whole time and doesn't give a shyte. Chinese walls are in place and there's no suggestion that there's been any misconduct.

Comment

I don’t think Cronk would be coaching the halves on how to dominate other halves, but rather how to run a team better and better game management at different stages of a game. So there’s no conflict as far as I’m concerned as he wouldn’t be discussing other teams tactics. If our management was ok with it, then I’m ok with it.

Comment

I can't believe that there are people who think Cooper should bleed red white and blue like a rusted on supporter. He was with the Storm for the majority of his career and they helped shape him into the man he is today. It's only natural he would retain some affinity with them

Comment

I'm with roosterfarian....I'm flabbergasted that its palatable to management....the aim of expert advice to be better than your opponents, not share the expertise around! As someone else said why doesnt Robbo be upfront and tell them he would like to part time help the titans Holbrook on how to manage his troops

Comment

he's doing a job as a consultant at different clubs, meh.

andrew johns was doing the same thing few years ago which included us

Comment

Originally posted by OMR View Post
                            I don’t think Cronk would be coaching the halves on how to dominate other halves, but rather how to run a team better and better game management at different stages of a game. So there’s no conflict as far as I’m concerned as he wouldn’t be discussing other teams tactics. If our management was ok with it, then I’m ok with it.
                            Teaching same game plans!!!!! Thats ****ed

Comment

Roosters are a 113 year club that have won premierships an same with Robbo coaching WITHOUT CRONK!!! bring SBW in an continue without him straight up!

Never share nathing!!!! Where's our junior club's at???? Fck the sharing! Bloody over it

Comment

I’m pretty confident the Storm and the Roosters know how to run a football department.

Comment

Working...
                                X