• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very Funny Statue prank

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bF014EUJrSI

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post
      Very Funny Statue prank
      Thats a classic! Thanks for that King Salvo!

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post
        the ones at the footy stadium aren't much chop either
        I’ve always liked the Dally Messenger one. The stylised approach gives it an authenticity, harking back (in my eyes anyway) to those pre-depression days in the East Sydney slums where our game spawned.

It diametrically opposes these Storm ones which endeavour as ‘generic footballer’, with none of the quintessential and specific charm required to evoke the semblance of a sentience from the lumpen metal.

Or something. It’s been 26 years since my HSC art exam.
        Making Steve Naughton look like Vince Mellars...

Comment

Originally posted by Salvatori Grubber View Post
          I’ve always liked the Dally Messenger one. The stylised approach gives it an authenticity, harking back (in my eyes anyway) to those pre-depression days in the East Sydney slums where our game spawned.

It diametrically opposes these Storm ones which endeavour as ‘generic footballer’, with none of the quintessential and specific charm required to evoke the semblance of a sentience from the lumpen metal.

Or something. It’s been 26 years since my HSC art exam.
          fair enough.

i used to drive cabs with a fellow who knows the sculptor. going off topic he (my friend) reckoned he knew the shape of a woman's genitals just by looking at her and my gf of the time thought that was bs (she might have been right) and so when we passed the dm statue and i told her that zlatko knew the sculptor she scoffed and said 'okay, right, so i'm supposed to be able to tell whether or not dally m is circumcised just by looking at the statue'.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
            Met him twice. Was a true gentleman.
            I know a few people that have met Smith and without fail they all say that exact same thing.
            The Internet is a place for posting silly things
            Try and be serious and you will look stupid
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
              How bad are those statues of Smith and Slater. Look nothing like them. They were actually done by friends of mine but I won’t tell them what I think.
              Your friend didn't do that statue of Mary Wollstonecraft too did she?

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny73 View Post

Looks like something that you find at a steel works -waste products (slag) from making iron/steel etc - taking the piss as they say

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny73 View Post

that's an eye opener. nothing wrong with nudity but for a public sculpture it looks like a naked body rather than a serious writer

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post

fair enough.

i used to drive cabs with a fellow who knows the sculptor. going off topic he (my friend) reckoned he knew the shape of a woman's genitals just by looking at her and my gf of the time thought that was bs (she might have been right) and so when we passed the dm statue and i told her that zlatko knew the sculptor she scoffed and said 'okay, right, so i'm supposed to be able to tell whether or not dally m is circumcised just by looking at the statue'.
                    Zlatko the massive pervert, as I'm sure he was known…

Comment

Zlatko the massive pervert, as I'm sure he was known…
                      that pretty much sums him up, but a likeable guy. to be fair he'd tested his theory out a fair bit

Comment

Did they actually know who Smith and Slater are and by chance look at any photo's of them- may have studied at the same art school or course as the sculptures below - left is easy - whose the one on the right?

Before this project they had never heard of Smith and Slater. They aren’t footy fans.

Comment

That Melania one kills me

Comment

Looks like something that you find at a steel works -waste products (slag) from making iron/steel etc - taking the piss as they say
                            It's been rightfully pilloried. You would think that a supposed feminist would have given a little more effort towards the O.G. feminist Mary Wollstonecraft. But I think the sculptor's idea of feminism is radically (as in completely not politically but also politically) different to the feminism that got women the vote and suffrage.

Comment

It’s in the eye of the beholder. Whilst I don’t love it, I reckon it’s interesting.

Comment

That Melania one kills me
                                The one of the Right of Melania Trump is supposed to be Maradona

Last edited by King Salvo; 03-12-2021, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X