Using the elbow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using the elbow

With all the conversation about Kafusi knocking out Matto last week and how it could lead to concussion and serious brain injury, I worry that Jared might be targeted by the officials next time he leads with his elbow next time he carries the ball. The last time I recall that it had seriously connected with someone’s head was a few seasons ago where he got Chris McQueen against souffs. It’s already been brought up by some commentators and other fans in the past about how he gets away with it. I’m hoping Robbo can get him to lower that arm so he doesn’t get penalised and suspended because he will be an easy target to be made an example of.

Any thoughts?

Think about it. You are running solo into a pack of up to four opposing players, you have be able to protect yourself.
    Play on
    ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Imagine if JWH did what Kaufusi did...100% would be sent off and he would get 6 weeks

Comment

Originally posted by The Skeez View Post
        Think about it. You are running solo into a pack of up to four opposing players, you have be able to protect yourself.
        Play on
        I would understand it if all players did it, but Jared is one of a very few who seem to lead with it.

Comment

Slightly off-topic. My thought is it wasn't the elbow that concussed Matto. It is the head-slamming motion which the Storm have systematically being doing for years. They concussed Cordner twice last year, SST the year before.

IMO rules need to be changed. As soon as it changes from being driven backwards to being driven downwards it should be an automatic penalty.

Comment

Originally posted by dice View Post
            Slightly off-topic. My thought is it wasn't the elbow that concussed Matto. It is the head-slamming motion which the Storm have systematically being doing for years. They concussed Cordner twice last year, SST the year before.

IMO rules need to be changed. As soon as it changes from being driven backwards to being driven downwards it should be an automatic penalty.
            agree. the game's changed and what used to be a good hard tackle is now a concussion causer.

back on topic, what's the rule? i though you could lead with your forearm when it's in front of you. elbow, different story.

Comment

Ah the old days - John Harvey was an exponent of something similar to what JWH does- cocked Forearm when running the ball up

Comment

The Storm bring this shyt into the game year after year. I would have no problem with it if its the same for all clubs as they would have ways to counter it however the only club that seems to get away with it is the same one that brings these tactics in. Its coached and although we must admire Bellyaches results, he would have to be the dirtiest coach in the NRL, closely followed by his old team mate Sticky. There's no co-incidence there!
                FVCK CANCER

Comment

there was something mentioned by hooper that they have 4 bjj lessons per week in melbourne, not sure if it is true , but jeez that is overkill if true.

Comment

Originally posted by ROC181 View Post
                    With all the conversation about Kafusi knocking out Matto last week and how it could lead to concussion and serious brain injury, I worry that Jared might be targeted by the officials next time he leads with his elbow next time he carries the ball. The last time I recall that it had seriously connected with someone’s head was a few seasons ago where he got Chris McQueen against souffs. It’s already been brought up by some commentators and other fans in the past about how he gets away with it. I’m hoping Robbo can get him to lower that arm so he doesn’t get penalised and suspended because he will be an easy target to be made an example of.

Any thoughts?
                    The best one JWH has done was on Josh McGuire at the Cowboys. It was just as deadly as Kaufusi but the only difference was McGuire who is a tough thug grub (just like Jarrod) didn’t get knocked out & he got up.
                    Matto’s soft.

Comment

Originally posted by dice View Post

I remember when they were savage on head slam tackles but that seems to have gone out the window and the crusher tackle is now the focus.

Should also be outlawing the arm around the neck by a defender too - a type of choker wrestling hold tackle that certain teams employ - If they are worried about neck injuries with crusher tackle then they should have the same concerns about the choker hold or whatever they call it

Wasn't long ago when you could tackle a defending playing with the ball when off the ground and that was banned although the irony and contradiction was you could tackle an attacking player with the ball when off the ground - the rule was changed for the 2020 season outlawing the tackling of both defending and attacking players with the ball when off the ground.- mid air contact

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

The best one JWH has done was on Josh McGuire at the Cowboys. It was just as deadly as Kaufusi but the only difference was McGuire who is a tough thug grub (just like Jarrod) didn’t get knocked out & he got up.
                        Matto’s soft.
                        I remember the one Mick Crocker did on Joey in about 2002. It might’ve been in his debut game too?
                        ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

I remember the one Mick Crocker did on Joey in about 2002. It might’ve been in his debut game too?
                          The Chooks dont have grubby players.

Comment

I get where you are coming from but JWH leads with it and that other dick coscked it and hit Matterson in the head
                            The Internet is a place for posting silly things
                            Try and be serious and you will look stupid
                            sigpic

Comment

Those were the days.
                              FVCK CANCER

Comment

Working...
                              X