Using the elbow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

The best one JWH has done was on Josh McGuire at the Cowboys. It was just as deadly as Kaufusi but the only difference was McGuire who is a tough thug grub (just like Jarrod) didn’t get knocked out & he got up.
    Matto’s soft.
    It was Josh McGuire. Cry me a river.
    FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post
      Ah the old days - John Harvey was an exponent of something similar to what JWH does- cocked Forearm when running the ball up
      Theres a blast from the past. John Harvey was all knees and elbows when running the ball. He was one mean dude

Comment

Originally posted by Random Rooster View Post

Theres a blast from the past. John Harvey was all knees and elbows when running the ball. He was one mean dude
        Yes i remember a 1st round game against Balmain way back in 1979 - Chooks had beaten them in the Craven Mild cup final and looked set for a good year which was not to be

Harvey and Ayliffe were sent off - for some reason they played Greg Owens who had a dickie ankle from the pre-season final - he didn't last long and was replaced.

The days of 2 reserves who had to have played at least 1/2 a lower grade game - During the Match both Fairfax and Schubert were injured and had to come off too - so the Chooks battled on for most of the second half with 10 players. in going down 27-5

3 in the Scrum against 6 -Hartley penalised Hastings for a second row feed and Futlon went off shouting at the top of his voice there's no bleeping second row so how can you penalise us.

Be interested to see Harvey's and Ayliffe Judiciary record as they were sent off a few times
        Last edited by King Salvo; 03-25-2021, 05:46 PM.

Comment

What about tonights game what do we think.
          Its a tough one to tip but without Cleary I think Melborne will get them.

Comment

personally , i prefer it it when the chooks are bullies, the grubs, the dirtiest of the dirty , as long as we win. nice guya finish last. out 2002 was grubby, morley, croker, beautiful.

13 jwh, o donnell....love being bullies

Comment

Originally posted by mattyh View Post
              personally , i prefer it it when the chooks are bullies, the grubs, the dirtiest of the dirty , as long as we win. nice guya finish last. out 2002 was grubby, morley, croker, beautiful.

100%

Comment

Originally posted by mattyh View Post

Every great team needs a great grub.

Comment

Jezz I like that Nicho Hynes from Melbourne he is too good to be sitting behind Papanhausen. & Paul Momorovski is playing really good consistent footy in 2021 at Penrith.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Long Balls View Post

Every great team needs a great grub.
                    Its true. I dont think the Chooks win in 2018 & 2019 without JWH.

Comment

Its true. I dont think the Chooks win in 2018 & 2019 without JWH.
                      I thought Latrell was our ‘18 & 19 grub?
                      ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Jezz I like that Nicho Hynes from Melbourne he is too good to be sitting behind Papanhausen. & Paul Momorovski is playing really good consistent footy in 2021 at Penrith.
                        He is a good player Mick, to good to be a fill in player .I remember seeing him either last year or the year before fill in for Slater and he was a standout then .Would be excellent for the Warriors to replace Rodger

Comment

What a top game of footy that just was.

Comment

Originally posted by The Skeez View Post
                            Yep he was right up there too. Thats why I loved him because he was so grubby aggressive.

Comment

Bellyache wasn't happy with that short kick off call - looked like it should have been a penalty to the Storm for the Penrith player being offside.

Olam with an unmarked Addo-Carr outside and goes himself for the try and can't get the ball down costly.

Both teams will be playing finals footy though. How far they will go in the finals series TBD.
                              Last edited by King Salvo; 03-25-2021, 10:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Skeez View Post
                                I thought Latrell was pretty tame last night, he stood overone of our players with his knee but other than that I think he was sort of respectful knowing his team was winning. When he missed his fist attempt at goal when it was 24 nil I thought I wonder if he did that on purpose to give the Chooks a shot at 4 try's 4 conversions & then we play from there. Stupid I know.

Comment

Working...
                                X