Fact.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rented tracksuit View Post

Sometimes there no logic to the call. Do we as fans even know why they are called more often than not?

i said before last years season that it was giving waaay too much leeway for the game managers to control the outcome of games.
    Who calls them though the video ref or the ref as many times it's a delayed 6 again call. The interpretation is an issue too as a result of this surrender/dominant and 3rd man tackle rubbish.

When i played if a player dropped to ground when no one tackled him or fell on a ball and you didn't touch him it was a voluntary tackle if they laid there and didnt move - Know it's a surrender tackle and you can work them over put them in a bear hold etc for as long as the ref allows.

Tackle a player around the legs from behind and the player moves and you still have hold of his legs - 6 again (previously a penalty)- why is that not a dominant tackle?
    Last edited by King Salvo; 03-27-2021, 08:40 PM.

Comment

There was once a time when not putting on 40 against South’s felt like a loss. Now we are celebrating garbage time tries.

Comment

When it was introduced last year, it seemed to my totally Rooster biased eyes that the refs rarely called 6 again on more than the 3rd tackle. And I don't remember them giving out more than one six agains per set.

The only exception? Easts - we constantly had this infernal call against us on the 4th and 5th tackles. Also there were more than one call per set. That is we might have had 2 calls per set.

Fact.

I'm a big supporter of Vlandys, but this rule is a mistake.

Comment

Also, the diabolical number of injuries this season is due to this diabolical rule. FACT!

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Pickett View Post
            Also, the diabolical number of injuries this season is due to this diabolical rule. FACT!
            No, injuries just happen mate. Thats why I always say that injuries play the biggest part to the outcome of your season. We lost Rads & Verrills plus Smith to season ending injuries last year its just the way it goes.

Comment

No Micke,injuries dont just happen. There is always a reason...whether foul play, poor surfaces or speak to a physio, under strength muscles and through muscle fatigue. Dont be deluded that the faster paced game isn't leading to more injuries, and ACL's is one of them. But you are right injuries play a huge part in a teams success.

Comment

We are not gone by any means, but our task has just become that much harder, nobody could deny that.

It is how we respond that will truly demonstrate our character and ability as a football team. I am glad Robbo is in our corner - we are going to need him on this one, well and truly.

If we make the top four under these circumstances, it will be a great achievement. I will watch with much interest.
                MRR or Rabid

Some people believe supporting the Roosters
                is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed
                with that attitude. I can assure you it is
                much, much more important than that.

(1981 Bill Shankly quote variation)

Comment

Originally posted by roosterproud View Post

Read the match stats. Very equil. Except for handling and completions
                  That's why I don't take too much notice of match stats, they are only used to bolster week arguments

Comment

We seem to get more than our share of ACL injuries.
                    Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Vasco View Post
                      I think the Same thing , surely it can't be just bad luck so is it a training thing

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster1908 View Post

I think the Same thing , surely it can't be just bad luck so is it a training thing
                        I think I read somewhere that there are more Roosters voodoo dolls sold more than any other in the world.
                        So I would guess that odds are a couple may actually be working.
                        To all the Italian mothers and grand mothers out there, get your plate of water and olive oil out.
                        The malocchio is strong against us.

Comment

agreed, rads, verrills last year farked us.

keary this year has farked us.

i hope the coaching staff are looking at it. maybe it is just bad luck ?

Comment

That’s why I’m so grateful we won back to back competitions as it’s a very difficult task due to injuries and all other things that could occur during a season..

Comment

Originally posted by Mad_Rabid_Rooster View Post
                              We are not gone by any means, but our task has just become that much harder, nobody could deny that.

It is how we respond that will truly demonstrate our character and ability as a football team. I am glad Robbo is in our corner - we are going to need him on this one, well and truly.

If we make the top four under these circumstances, it will be a great achievement. I will watch with much interest.
                              There was one statistic,that no one seemed to bring up and that is the play the ball where South were much faster than us and every play the ball they had 4-5 mts of free running before our defense stopped them or they made a break. On the other hand our play the ball was slow and they could move up on us much quicker and so we were forced to play side to side as they were on us faster.

Comment

from nrl physio

Comment

Working...
                                X