X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teddy to number 6. Suaalii to fullback. Walker to 7

Transition Teddy into Lockyer.
    yes/ no?
    barbarian ......arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!!!!!

Admittedly, as I was starring into my whiskey and coke at 2am on Friday the thought crossed my mind. Don't think Teddy has the kicking game yet. An increase in defense will also take its toll. Plus Teddy is more a Billy Slater full back than a Munster of Lockyer type. Don't think we should ruin the best thing we have.

P.S. If it was to happen another option would be Bmoz to fullback. Suaali on the wing.

Comment

The driving force of this team is/was
      1. Teddy 7. Keary. So I wouldn't want to upend the other half of that duo.

It would probably work with Keary at halfback, or an established Sam Walker in a couple of years. But at present it'd see too much upheaval.

Also no way would Robbo want to debut 17yr old Suaalii in the most demanding position in the game.

I really feel the option is Walker at halfback with Rads helping with the playmaking, and Manu terrorising teams as a running 5/8 and Teddy being God from fb. The returns of Friend/Verrills would also hugely aid this set up.

Comment

No no no Tedesco is best fullback going around , don’t weaken one position to strengthen another.

Comment

Id guess its gonna be hutch and walker in the halves. Real 2016 vibes. I don't see sualli coming in.

Comment

Originally posted by trewhella View Post
            Transition Teddy into Lockyer.
            yes/ no?
            no for me

Comment

Originally posted by Yeception 7 View Post
              Id guess its gonna be hutch and walker in the halves. Real 2016 vibes. I don't see sualli coming in.
              We applied for exemption for Suaalii for a reason.

Robno still wants to win a comp. And so I'm sure he knows that means letting Suaalii/Walker loose at some point with a view to the finals.

He won't be rolling with Hutch in the halves. Surely!

Comment

Its a risky move Trewhella. Moving the best to another position. Not saying it definitely wouldnt work...but risky.

Comment

i'd leave teddy at 1. but he's changing the idea of what a 1 does and often plays first or second receiver anyway.

Comment

Hutch will be in the halves with Walker for sure!!! Big body, experienced!!!
                    Doesn’t mean he is a great choice but really he is probably the only choice!!
                    I cant see bringing in Walker and a manufactured halves partner who has never played that position as a smart option!

Comment

Teddy is no 6. Latrell on the other hand...

Comment

No, Tedesco is not a natural ball player. Even now a lot of the time players just don't know how to run simple lines off him as he jinks and jags all over the place every time he's running the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by OMR View Post
                          No no no Tedesco is best fullback going around , don’t weaken one position to strengthen another.
                          Agree. Unless of course Sualli is a better fullback than Teddy. So no chance.

Comment

No.

Comment

My gut feeling is they may play Suali at right center and bring Manu in ..it will not be on a regular bases but you wouldnt want to move Teddy from Fullback where he can attack anywhere any time..he missed a lot of tackles against Souffs last week though in saying that ..one on one he aint that crash hot.
                              Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Working...
                              X