Josh McGuire for the right price ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rooster1908 View Post

3 million for 3 years for Reynolds . No way , surely not . Not a bad player , but not worth any more then about 600k a year if that
    its better then morgan 1 mill a year and not playing, and may not play again. but seriously pretty ordinary from souffs, a reynolds love or hate him only wants a 2 year deal, he doesn't appear past it, or super injury prone. i know you have to be ruthless with your cap , but yea. anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster1908 View Post

3 million for 3 years for Reynolds . No way , surely not . Not a bad player , but not worth any more then about 600k a year if that
      Meh... he's worth what the market will pay.

Solid kicker and I think that struggling teams often benefit from having one dude who can kick them outta trouble. May not win you premierships but IMO a player of that nature can help get you into the 8.

Comment

I'm loving every minute of the Reynolds contract saga. He is making demands. The vermin aren't willing to repay his loyality. Goes to show the real culture of the sh*t stain club.

Compare that to how players like Mini, Maubs and now Jake have showed a mutual respect between player and club with the faith shown and repaided.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

Meh... he's worth what the market will pay.

Solid kicker and I think that struggling teams often benefit from having one dude who can kick them outta trouble. May not win you premierships but IMO a player of that nature can help get you into the 8.
          whats the saying about a good kicker

can make a bad set look good...
          a bad kicker can make a good set look bad

if i was the cows id offer reynolds 850 k 2 years...see what he says

Comment

Originally posted by mattyh View Post

He says yes

Comment

Originally posted by Steakface View Post

Mcguire , by all accounts, is a cnt on and off the field.

Tore the broncs dressing room apart when he was there, then last week had a big sook and slammed all his teammates publically.

Bloke isn't a grub, he is a cnt.

Seems to be a team cancer wherever he goes.

Don't think Robbo will want a bar of him and for good reason.
              You make a valid observation Steak. Carter was a cnt too!

Comment

Originally posted by theGman View Post

You make a valid observation Steak. Carter was a cnt too!
                Yes but Carter was someone else's pet project
                The Internet is a place for posting silly things
                Try and be serious and you will look stupid
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kingbilly View Post

Yes but Carter was someone else's pet project
                  KB, i get the impression based on recent signings that TRobbo doesn't want to recruit bad apples to unsettle the squad.

Nowadays we have a fairly decent and respectable squad that toes the line unlike the Pearce's, Carney's, Napa's etc......

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

Yeah I think you need a strong head to play footy. It's the sorta environment where you're constantly training to complete exhaustion and going through the emotions of lotsa harsh calls (e.g. being cut), horrible injuries, close games, embarrassing losses, media scrutiny, sponsor/board considerations...etc. In short, it's a massive pressure cooker.

While I'm sure a bit of passion/emotion comes out all the time, you don't want weak-headed farkwits doing immature BS that interrupts everybody else. IMO this is something Robbo goes for... either softly spoken dudes (e.g. SST, Cords, Friend, Toops...etc), positive characters who are constantly glowing (e.g. Teddy, Morris bros, Keary...etc) and guys who use humour to break up all the stress (e.g. JWH, Radley, Maloney...etc).

I don't think we want guys who talk too much, put their feelings/emotions/observations above all others and are prone to immature tantrums...etc when times are tough.
                    Well said, and its this that is a vastly underrated factor in our success.

There are many Hayne types in the NRL who are self-absorbed and put themselves over others as standard.

Robbo appears to make a concerted effort not to sign those charachters and we are all the richer for it.

Comment

KB, i get the impression based on recent signings that TRobbo doesn't want to recruit bad apples to unsettle the squad.

Nowadays we have a fairly decent and respectable squad that toes the line unlike the Pearce's, Carney's, Napa's etc......
                      I totally agree Gman.

Therefore, a big and an emphatic no from me!
                      MRR or Rabid

Some people believe supporting the Roosters
                      is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed
                      with that attitude. I can assure you it is
                      much, much more important than that.

(1981 Bill Shankly quote variation)

Comment

How about JWH & Nathan Brown. Apparently he's knocked back Parra's offer and is on the market for 2022>>

We've had our nutters in the past i.e Luke O'Donnell, Paul Carter. They serve their purpose of unsettling & baiting the opposition.
                        I’m fine with nutters as long as they mirror Luke o Donnell in 2013
                        EASTS TO WIN!

Comment

I think thats right on the money, been like that for a while and I don't think its just Roobo that wants it.

On my original post I heard Carter was John Lee's project. He thought he could fix him. There is no fixing crap like that
                          The Internet is a place for posting silly things
                          Try and be serious and you will look stupid
                          sigpic

Comment

Count me in for Maguire for the rest of 21 and maybe 22 depending how much we got to compensate the cows

Comment

Originally posted by Kingbilly View Post

I think thats right on the money, been like that for a while and I don't think its just Roobo that wants it.

On my original post I heard Carter was John Lee's project. He thought he could fix him. There is no fixing crap like that
                              Johnny Lee didn't last too long either. Uncle Nick doesn't suffer fools.

Comment

Originally posted by mattyh View Post

The Cows are in trouble as it is with their 2 million dollar players so talk of a 3 million 3 year contract for Tatts All ( Reynolds) will only add to that - the cap is just over 9 mill so they would have 3 players taking up approximately 1/3 of the Cap.

Something has to give eventually if losses like yesterday continue.

Comment

Working...
                                X