No announcement yet.

penalties/6 agains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a little update...... Souffs just beat dogs 38-0.

And also won penalties/6 agains 13-6.

Nothing to see here.

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

But the poor discipline resulting in extra sets did have an impact on the result though.
      Mate we were absolutely shit house verses Souths. Nobody can deny the better team won on the night.

Comment

Originally posted by player 1 View Post
        Just a little update...... Souffs just beat dogs 38-0.

And also won penalties/6 agains 13-6.

Nothing to see here.
        Even with Gould trying to talk up the Dogs performance it was an ordinary game - Dogs have the Storm next and I can't see them scoring in that game either - maybe the next game against the Cows

Comment

Even with Gould trying to talk up the Dogs performance it was an ordinary game - Dogs have the Storm next and I can't see them scoring in that game either - maybe the next game against the Cows
          I think Gus is showing the effects of concussion from his playing days. I'm so grateful I don't have to watch Nine.
          NO NO NO NO NO

Comment

My referee rankings (in order of who I hate the least as they are all rubbish):
            1. Chris Sutton
            2. Peter Gough
            3. Adam Gee
            4. Matt Cecchin
            5. Gerard Sutton
            6. Ben Cummins
            7. Grant Atkins
            8. Ashley Klein

Comment

If Walker doesnot gets least 2 games (and that’s not 2 and an early please for one) for his elbow to Meaney’s head then I will be even more convinced than I am now about the state of penalties and 6 agains. He deserves to go for that.

Comment

I'm as critical as anyone on some refs in particular but we really have to cut out some of the dumb ill disciplined plays. The obvious hand of the ball in the play the balls on the 4th tackle on our line are killers and sap so much energy.
                Some of our infringements give the refs no option but to ping us.

Comment

i watched the riff game last night and the lol@souffs game. geeez i wish there was a consistency regarding the time tackled. I understand the surrender call , this allows the defender longer time to finish the tackle. The earn the right tackle. Thats when you bust the advantage line (10 meters) and you have the right to a quick play the ball. the rest is up to who the ref either supports or wants to win. or if sports bet pays more than ladbrokes and tab

the riff game was a stand out of unbalanced time on the ground tackled. The other thing is when the tackled player after being tackled uses the ball on the ground (in his hand) tries to play the ball without actually rising to his feet first. Laws are laws and it states the you must stand to feet to play the ball.
                  1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

Originally posted by BenCumminsIsACheat View Post
                    My referee rankings (in order of who I hate the least as they are all rubbish):
                    1. Chris Sutton
                    2. Peter Gough
                    3. Adam Gee
                    4. Matt Cecchin
                    5. Gerard Sutton
                    6. Ben Cummins
                    7. Grant Atkins
                    8. Ashley Klein
                    I sort of feel sorry for you mate because your first go to are the refs. To even post this post ranking the refs & saying you hate them plus your avatar shows me you are so consumed by the refs. All your results are based around refereeing so if the Roosters lose you find stats about the ref to justify the loss & if team x win its due to the refs. Who gives a fark who the ref is there is no game without them & they are humans who make mistakes just like the players & coaches.
                    Refereeing is subjective so are 6 again & penalties but it doesnt stop a team like the Roosters winning the comp. If the Chooks are good enough they will win the comp & if they are not good enough they wont win the comp but it wont because they are giving away the most 6 agains on the 4th tackle by the refs.

Comment

Judging from the refereeing performances of the first couple of rounds, there is consistent bias towards South’s and Penrith.

Last week South’s really took the piss out of us, in regards of being offside and slowing down the ruck. They were QLD origin like in how consistently they were offside, predominantly the C defender, causing the attacking player to run back into the ruck. They got away with it early, and never got pulled up with it again.

The game against Canterbury yesterday was a joke, filled with cheap shots and grub tactics. The referee was running scared of South’s and reffed the game as such.

Walker getting one week and a fine for a deliberate elbow, and stepping on someone is a joke in itself too.

Comment

Originally posted by roosterproud View Post
                        i watched the riff game last night and the lol@souffs game. geeez i wish there was a consistency regarding the time tackled. I understand the surrender call , this allows the defender longer time to finish the tackle. The earn the right tackle. Thats when you bust the advantage line (10 meters) and you have the right to a quick play the ball. the rest is up to who the ref either supports or wants to win. or if sports bet pays more than ladbrokes and tab

the riff game was a stand out of unbalanced time on the ground tackled. The other thing is when the tackled player after being tackled uses the ball on the ground (in his hand) tries to play the ball without actually rising to his feet first. Laws are laws and it states the you must stand to feet to play the ball.
                        Get rid of both the surrender and dominant tackles - what is a surrender tackle and why is this not a voluntary tackle though.

Dominant tackle is a joke as if a player tackles another player around the legs from behind all the ball carrier has to do is wriggle a bit and it's a penalty/6 again - why is that tackle not a dominant tackle and not good technique.

All this dominant tackle does is encourage this wresting rubbish as does the 3 defender tackle in pulling the ball carrier in all directions some of which are not natural for the body to be in.

Too much at the discretion of the ref in these which leads to inconsistency,

Surrender Tackle
                        Occurs when the player in possession surrenders his run in or at the line. Defender[s] are permitted to work the player on the ground, move to a bear hug position, lay on the player in possession or spin to the front of the tackle. It is the sole responsibility of the Referee to identify this tackle.

A dominant tackle is judged to be when the defender makes contact and drives the attacker back in one movement. The dominant tackle call rewards good technique and allows the defender extra time before the attacker must be released to be allowed to play-the-ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

I sort of feel sorry for you mate because your first go to are the refs. To even post this post ranking the refs & saying you hate them plus your avatar shows me you are so consumed by the refs. All your results are based around refereeing so if the Roosters lose you find stats about the ref to justify the loss & if team x win its due to the refs. Who gives a fark who the ref is there is no game without them & they are humans who make mistakes just like the players & coaches.
                          Refereeing is subjective so are 6 again & penalties but it doesnt stop a team like the Roosters winning the comp. If the Chooks are good enough they will win the comp & if they are not good enough they wont win the comp but it wont because they are giving away the most 6 agains on the 4th tackle by the refs.
                          I agree. But I don’t feel sorry for him. I can’t stand when people bang on about the refs. At the end of the day the best team in the comp alway wins the GF.

Comment

Why are we surprised ? We have been a dreadful team when it comes to discipline. With players like JWH in our side and and an obvious coach that doesn’t address the issue, then are only to accept that this year ( more than ever ) we will again be giving it to ourselves up the ass.

Comment

Get rid of both the surrender and dominant tackles - what is a surrender tackle and why is this not a voluntary tackle though.

Dominant tackle is a joke as if a player tackles another player around the legs from behind all the ball carrier has to do is wriggle a bit and it's a penalty/6 again - why is that tackle not a dominant tackle and not good technique.

All this dominant tackle does is encourage this wresting rubbish as does the 3 defender tackle in pulling the ball carrier in all directions some of which are not natural for the body to be in.

Too much at the discretion of the ref in these which leads to inconsistency,

Surrender Tackle
                              Occurs when the player in possession surrenders his run in or at the line. Defender[s] are permitted to work the player on the ground, move to a bear hug position, lay on the player in possession or spin to the front of the tackle. It is the sole responsibility of the Referee to identify this tackle.

A dominant tackle is judged to be when the defender makes contact and drives the attacker back in one movement. The dominant tackle call rewards good technique and allows the defender extra time before the attacker must be released to be allowed to play-the-ball.
                              Once again a ball of knowledge. I reckon your account was hacked. You use to just come on here and just whinge. Keep up the great work King.

Comment

Originally posted by roosterproud View Post

Yeh you have to rise to you feet with the ball when playing the ball after being tackled - I'm watching the Chooks Harold Matts game vs Canberra - Chooks have been penalised a couple of times for incorrect play the balls for just that - putting the ball on the ground before rising to their feet. Chooks up 16-4 at Half time

Comment

Working...
                                X