• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, Souths 26 Roosters 16.
    Souths won the
    penalty/6 again count 12-2

Why would anyone be surprised though?

Thanks so much for this thread and the stats in it.
    Thread demonstrates clearly what's going on, for the world to see.
    Last edited by bondi.boy; 04-04-2021, 05:12 AM.

Comment

Those citing the supposed lack of discipline the Roosters display as being the reason for the lopsided counts against the Roosters are not grasping the point. Does the actual point really need to be explained again?
      "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Personally, I don't think the refs are in-kahoots with the betting agencies to influence games. I do however believe that at times (not all the time) unconscious bias plays a part in some minor decisions, which when added up can affect the game as a whole.

All human beings without exception will at some point make decisions based on an unconscious bias. People think differently when it comes to race, relgious beliefs, gender, sexual orientation, age, physical disability, social-economic background etc. Whether you are a footy fan or a commentator, or an administrator or ref you are still human and therefore your unconscious bias will eventually come forth at some point to affect the decisions you make and your point of view on the game.

Comment

I agree with your point on bias. Henry Panerana was a kiwi player and was coached by Ricky Stewart in 2007 at Cronulla. They had a major falling out. So, 2 weeks ago the chosen referee for the warriors v Raiders game pulled out sick and Panerana was given the job as referee. And surprise surprise panerana misses a blatant forward pass with which he was in line with that favoured the warriors and shafted Ricky's Raiders. Unintended bias or other...?

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

I just couldnt follow the Roosters or footy in general if I believed like you do that the Roosters were rorted out of winning comps by the refs.
            Is there any player who has ever played the game made the right decision every single time they played?
            They made no mistakes they were perfect?
            I would imagine if you went on any footy club forum you would read exactly the same stuff you read on here bitching & blaming the refs because they have ruled differently to the mug sitting on his lounge who doesnt ever in his/her life ever have to make thousands of split second decisions for an 80 minute period. Refs would get at least 98% of their decisions right.

If you except that people see things in their own way just like you do then you know that your view & the view of the bloke in the thick of it with the whistle will be different.
            The 2010 GF with BMoz foot over the sideline YES it was a clanger but St George were still the best team that year.

One last thing humans cannot keep secrets so if the refs were being paid by betting companies it would have already come out. There has been disgruntled refs & never has any of them ever gone forth with proof that games are being manipulated by refs who profit from gambling companies.
            My reply was the last point that Thirteen made "At the end of the day the best team in the comp alway wins the GF"

Chooks were minor premiers those years - 1980/1981/2004/2014/2015 so on that basis the Chooks were the best team they just didn't hold up the GF trophy/shield on GF day/night.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post
              From the Souffs game I'd be interested to know how many surrender tackles Souffs were awarded. IMO the (overly vocal) ref ran amok! Every time we were tackled they'd call out 'SURRENDER!!!' However, when we were tackling they put us on notice by calling out 'HEEEEELD' (i.e. PEEL OFF RIGHT NOW OR I WILL BLOW A PENALTY!!!)

To me this was a bit sly as it isn't a 'penalty', but you're forcing one team to spring to their feet and run back 10 ASAP (making space for the attacking team) in one case, whereas, you're giving the other team the ability to wrestle and drive back players when it's defending. The way I see it... ref should only call 'HEEEELD' if somebody's holding on for too long. Not for every single tackle as part of a (voluntary) system of yelling out 'HEEEELD... RELEEEEASE... [BLAH-BLAH-BLAAAAH-BLAH... dunno what the 3rd thing he shouted out was, but only Souffs got that 'third chance' call]
              I find that, when we are defending, the ref sometimes calls held quickly allowing their attack a quick play the ball while our defence is getting back on side.

Then, in our next attacking set, the ref lets our opponent hold our player off the ground, then slowly man handle our guys to the ground and pin them, giving their defense time to reset.

I can't find any reason to do this other than it's the refs judgement. Its subtle manipulation like this that most would not notice. Its also only necessary for the ref to do this for 2 or so sets or so to swing momentum.

Comment

The thing I like about Robbo is that he knows the refs are against us and rather than carry on like some coaches, he just expects us to be good enough to beat our opponent and the ref!

Comment

Originally posted by The Corner Post View Post

I find that, when we are defending, the ref sometimes calls held quickly allowing their attack a quick play the ball while our defence is getting back on side.

Then, in our next attacking set, the ref lets our opponent hold our player off the ground, then slowly man handle our guys to the ground and pin them, giving their defense time to reset.

I can't find any reason to do this other than it's the refs judgement. Its subtle manipulation like this that most would not notice. Its also only necessary for the ref to do this for 2 or so sets or so to swing momentum.
                  And these are just a few of the reasons why I call them game managers. It’s not blatant incorrect calls but more the ability of then to continuously influence the result or direction of a result that annoys me. It’s highlighted moreso now with the introduction of the 6again call last year.
                  FVCK CANCER

Comment

We haven’t conceded a 6 again yet, the warriors have conceded 4, hope we can keep it up.

Comment

We won the penalties/restarts 10-7 tonight. Felt like a business class flight.

Comment

Originally posted by player 1 View Post
                        I kept waiting for the tide to turn and was really happy it didn't. Got a glimpse into how it feels to be the supporter of a team that doesn't regularly cop the rough end of the pineapple from the game managers.
                        "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I’d like to know how many counts we have won with Cummins officiating. Blatantly obvious he tried to get the Warriors back into the game with a penalty and 6 agains in the early part of the second half, but team resilience was a pleasure to watch. It’s when the game was one. Totally head faaarked the Warriors.

Comment

The commentators curse.

Comment

Played smarter last night - you can play hard and tough but no use conceding set restarts and penalties in doing so. That will be a work in progress reducing these in games.

Comment

Ha! Couldn't buy one the week before

Comment

Working...
                                X