No announcement yet.

Offical Match Day Thread: Roosters v Warriors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Young Fred belies his frame and choir boy looks, with how hard he hits in defence. If he can find the right rhythm with the ball from dummy half, including the odd scoot, our attack will go to another level.

Comment

• Another game where we held opponents to nil in the second half !

Comment

• Good win last night against an opposition that lost their two best forwards early and didn't really throw much at us besides a couple of tries off kicks.
        Our forwards were very good and it was noticeable the difference in line speed with rads back in the middle of the park, even the way he sprints back into the defensive line to turn and go again with gut busting efforts is inspiring to others. SST, Liu and Jared seemed to play long minutes in the middle and were very strong. Gus was a beast on the left. I thought Butcher was terrific on the right edge and to my eye our defence looked better with him there. Fletcher Baker ran strongly when he came on with limited opportunities. Lussick went ok and we have to remember he's our 3rd string hooker and once you get down that low in your depth in a position the talent is stretched.
        I really liked what I saw from Walker he lived up to expectations and is a real footy player and put his body on the line in defence. Morris brothers were enormous out wide and Teddy enjoyed rads being back running off him as did Crichton.
        Plenty of positives but we'll see how we are when we face stronger opponents coming up.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigben View Post

Marschke was debutante 1200
          yes - Baker 1198 / Walker 1199 and Marschke 1200

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnny Brass View Post
            Good win last night against an opposition that lost their two best forwards early and didn't really throw much at us besides a couple of tries off kicks.
            Our forwards were very good and it was noticeable the difference in line speed with rads back in the middle of the park, even the way he sprints back into the defensive line to turn and go again with gut busting efforts is inspiring to others. SST, Liu and Jared seemed to play long minutes in the middle and were very strong. Gus was a beast on the left. I thought Butcher was terrific on the right edge and to my eye our defence looked better with him there. Fletcher Baker ran strongly when he came on with limited opportunities. Lussick went ok and we have to remember he's our 3rd string hooker and once you get down that low in your depth in a position the talent is stretched.
            I really liked what I saw from Walker he lived up to expectations and is a real footy player and put his body on the line in defence. Morris brothers were enormous out wide and Teddy enjoyed rads being back running off him as did Crichton.
            Plenty of positives but we'll see how we are when we face stronger opponents coming up.
            I think the Chooks saved 3 or 4 tries so the Warriors did throw a bit at the Chooks- Brown made mention of it post match saying the Chooks played a fast games and how goods side save tries - using the Raiders as an example as well as i think they saved at least 3 Titans try attempts in that match.

Comment

Working...
            X