Guerra,Tasi,Taka and Arona.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guerra,Tasi,Taka and Arona.

A bit on our young forwards, Guerra is a must have player;http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3P9nhzK8U4U for those interested.

if we dont re sign aiden guerra the cowboys will pick him up quick smart, he is a local junior i remember having a chat sometimes to his dad Rick while we watched the kids have a run.He is a townsville boy and has family here so i hope the club can resign him next year if not i reckon he will be in a cowboys jumper.

Comment

It depends if we piss the money away on SBW. And Anasta MUST quit this club by next year or we'll lose the lot of them.

Comment

Guerra really proved himself at the back end of the season. From Round 20 he played 7 games and earned 6 linebreaks, 5 tries, 33 tackle breaks and a try assist, not to mention some of the outstanding second phase play he provided in the lead-up to some attacking movements as seen in that video. Takairangi lacked the same consistency, but his offloading game was far more notable, whilst Arona lacked the impact of Guerra and Taka but made up for it by racking up impressive defensive numbers while on the field (often in the range of a tackle per minute).

At this stage, with Aubusson still in my opinion invaluable as the right fringe backrower, we need to establish someone to replicate what he does, except out wide on the left. Cordner looks great but he hasn't found his feet in breaking the line yet. Taka has had success out there, while Guerra has shown he can handle both edges pretty well. Would love to see:

11. Guerra/Takairangi
        12. Aubusson
        13. Nuuausala

14. Takairangi/Guerra

Cordner and Arona just miss out, whilst Tasi, Kennedy, Hargreaves and Masoe make up the front row rotation. I would probably bring in big Boyd if it is concluded that we don't need to carry an extra hooker on the bench, like Mitchell for example.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mack View Post
          Guerra really proved himself at the back end of the season. From Round 20 he played 7 games and earned 6 linebreaks, 5 tries, 33 tackle breaks and a try assist, not to mention some of the outstanding second phase play he provided in the lead-up to some attacking movements as seen in that video. Takairangi lacked the same consistency, but his offloading game was far more notable, whilst Arona lacked the impact of Guerra and Taka but made up for it by racking up impressive defensive numbers while on the field (often in the range of a tackle per minute).

At this stage, with Aubusson still in my opinion invaluable as the right fringe backrower, we need to establish someone to replicate what he does, except out wide on the left. Cordner looks great but he hasn't found his feet in breaking the line yet. Taka has had success out there, while Guerra has shown he can handle both edges pretty well. Would love to see:

11. Guerra/Takairangi
          12. Aubusson
          13. Nuuausala

14. Takairangi/Guerra

Cordner and Arona just miss out, whilst Tasi, Kennedy, Hargreaves and Masoe make up the front row rotation. I would probably bring in big Boyd if it is concluded that we don't need to carry an extra hooker on the bench, like Mitchell for example.
          Good analysis Mack...you done any coaching?

Tasi is the jewel in the crown here....a class edge.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
            Good analysis Mack...you done any coaching?

Tasi is the jewel in the crown here....a class edge.
            Lama Tasi can be described by four words - high impact edge forward.

Comment

11. Guerra/Takairangi
              12. Aubusson
              13. Nuuausala

14. Takairangi/Guerra

I would leave Aubs out and have Cordner starting. Move FPN to the front row along with JWH, Mose and Kennedy and have a backrow rotation of Taka, Tasi, Guerra, Maubs and Cordner. Arona, while tough as nails, just misses out.

Chook.

Comment

If Nuuausala is in the team then Cordner has to be in the team as well with Guerra and Aubusson playing 80 mins or near 80, since Tasi, Masoe and Mitchell will be in the other bench positions.

Comment

11. Guerra/Takairangi
                  12. Aubusson
                  13. Nuuausala

14. Takairangi/Guerra

Agree with everything. Guerra should be starting, with Taka coming as an impact player

Comment

just as a thought move maubs to centre and bj to the wing.
                    1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

Tasi is good enough to start.

FPN is an impact player. Some days more than others.
                      Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Vasco View Post
                        Tasi is good enough to start.

FPN is an impact player. Some days more than others.
                        Ahead of who? Whilst JWH may be considered by some to be better suited to the backrow, he will more than likely play prop given our lack of experience. On that basis and on his form last year he deserves to start IMO. If Kennedy is fit. I would have him partner JWH ahead of Tasi.

Comment

Originally posted by Dubai View Post
                          Ahead of who? Whilst JWH may be considered by some to be better suited to the backrow, he will more than likely play prop given our lack of experience. On that basis and on his form last year he deserves to start IMO. If Kennedy is fit. I would have him partner JWH ahead of Tasi.
                          Agree

Comment

Working...
                          X