Some news from "The Mole" in RLW this week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some news from "The Mole" in RLW this week

Two bits caught my eye on page 06 of this week's Rugby League Week in "The Mole" section. I shall transcribe both here ...

MORRIS WAS ALL BUT GONE
    "The Dragons can thank their lucky stars they managed to hang on to tryscoring sensation Brett Morris. One of the best prospects in the game, Morris had all but signed with the Roosters - but the club had to pull back its offer at the last minute when they couldn't fit him under the salary cap."

ROOSTERS GET THEIR BOY
    "The Roosters have scored a coup by signing the star of the recent NSWCHS carnival. Dragons SG Ball star and NSW under-18 centre/back-rower Joseph Leilua has been signed by Roosters recruitment boss Peter O'Sullivan. "He is a talent ... one to watch, O'Sullivan predicts."

Now, how p!ssed off am I that this idiotic club missed out on Brett Morris because of what appears to be administrative error?
    Seriously, the lunatics are running the asylum called the Roosters?

As for the 18 year old, at least he is potentially a centre.
    "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

I wonder how much we would have had to pay for him though..

Comment

All But........

How many times have we heard someone is all but signed.....

Wanye Bennet was all but.....

Willy Mason was all but the first time around....

I have come to the conclusion that until the club announces it on the front page I will be a tad sceptical.....

Comment

Nowhere near as close to signing as Brett Kimmorely was...just ask Cogburn.

Chook.

Comment

Originally posted by Chook View Post

Chook.
          Or Barrett.
          Alcohol never solved any life problems.....then again neither did milk.

Comment

Originally posted by phantom View Post
            All But........

How many times have we heard someone is all but signed.....

Wanye Bennet was all but.....

Willy Mason was all but the first time around....

I have come to the conclusion that until the club announces it on the front page I will be a tad sceptical.....
            Loose lips sink ships. Me thinks one or some of the Roosters board like to brag a bit. The dickheads don't have much to brag about at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Chook View Post

Chook.
              freddie was on the footy show many years ago,as was Kimmorley,and as Noddy walked past him,Freddie said,'I was expecting you for lunch today,what happened'.Kimmorley just shrugged his shoulders and said,'Sorry mate,Iwas busy.'
              Thats about how close we got.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLoneRooster View Post
                As for the 18 year old, at least he is potentially a centre.[/COLOR]
                or a backrower lol....

Comment

Originally posted by Cockadoodledoo View Post
                  or a backrower lol....
                  Good we need a few more of them.

Comment

We would have payed 'stupids' for Brett Morris.

**** him.

If management is keeping the youth, let's go with it.

Comment

We are linked to everyone.

I fail to see why the club are stupid LR if we couldn't fit him under the salary cap. How is that an admin error?

Comment

Originally posted by JohnL View Post

I fail to see why the club are stupid LR if we couldn't fit him under the salary cap. How is that an admin error?
                        Well we obviously offered him a contract when we didn't actually have room in the cap to honour it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cockadoodledoo View Post
                          Well we obviously offered him a contract when we didn't actually have room in the cap to honour it.
                          Maybe we offered him a contract but he wanted more than we could afford

Comment

Originally posted by JohnL View Post

See Cockadoodledoo's response.
                            Seriously, it smacks of amateur hour here JohnL. For negotiations to fail for that reported reason is a joke because I would have thought that early on in the process the Roosters would know how much they have to spend and would also know how much Brett was seeking.
                            Last edited by TheLoneRooster; 06-25-2009, 01:34 PM.
                            "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

If Morris had been an overrated back rower the Roosters would have found the money to cover whatever salary he asked for, even if it meant punting other players to cover it.

Morris' problem is that he is a fullback/winger/centre. The Roosters only pay minimum wages for them.

NC
                              Supporting the RW&B, through good times and bad times.

Comment

Working...
                              X