Injury Curse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Injury Curse

I am of Italian background and Italians believe in the Evil Eye...we call it the’Malocchio’....I used to laugh about it...but geez!...we couldn’t be this unlucky with injuries!...I’m telling you we have been jinxed!...there is a Greek version of this...Uncle Nick should look into it...just saying...lol

Yes all the Italians in the side are to blame for our injuries. Every single one of them.

Comment

it's been a tough run.
      personally i don't believe in curses but maybe if they all get together and eat a few pizzas it might help

Comment

It’s like the footy gods are squaring us up after a few special years.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigrooster View Post
          I am of Italian background and Italians believe in the Evil Eye...we call it the’Malocchio’....I used to laugh about it...but geez!...we couldn’t be this unlucky with injuries!...I’m telling you we have been jinxed!...there is a Greek version of this...Uncle Nick should look into it...just saying...lol
          LOL my background is Lebanese and I was given an evil eye bead to wear from one of the elderly aunties. I lost it somewhere between the SCG and Charing Cross in 2010 after we played St George when Kane Linnett injured himself badly scoring near the posts..we all know how THAT grand final turned out a few weeks later..

Come to think of it, this auntie was a Souths fan...

"It's these little things, they can pull you under
          Live your life filled with joy and wonder"

Comment

I wonder how Mini and others would view this comment?

In all seriousness, it does seem like it is our turn to have a particularly rough run after the incredible good fortune we have had with the back to back premierships. I guess we just try and ride it out as best we can. Things will turn.
            MRR or Rabid

Some people believe supporting the Roosters
            is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed
            with that attitude. I can assure you it is
            much, much more important than that.

(1981 Bill Shankly quote variation)

Comment

black cats spotted at training.

teddy has been walking under ladders.

robbo smashing mirrors.

i told em.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigrooster View Post
                My late Dad used to say the Italians were good at surrendering in WW2 having fought against them plus the Germans and Vichy French in North Africa and Syria -Shitler had some strange Idea they would be like the old Roman days an all conquering army of sorts. Ended up switching sides like the Finns and declared war on Germany as the massive Soviet armies marched ever west.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSCVtkjfApE
                Last edited by King Salvo; 04-20-2021, 01:48 AM.

Comment

my uncle was italian and he used to say all that fighting spirit stuff was bs. why fight for a cause you don't believe in.

we've lost luke and jake for the season and have a lot of guys currently injured but they'll get better and if we can eke out wins in the meantime then who knows what happens later. maybe we come into form, maybe other teams lose their playmakers.
                  like robbo says every season is different.

Comment

The Greek version is The Matiasmenos, the evil eye ..lol I have a red white and blue worry beads with the evil eye on it if you need it.
                    Nah! The reality is this our blokes put their bodies on the line ..blokes like Friend ,Cords ,JWH .Taki , etc their bodies will suffer more wear and tear than most ....For me I kind of expected this but was hoping for a bit of luck . With all this 6 again bullshit its just extra punishment for their bodies.
                    The NRL have compounded our situation with their numb nuts rules.
                    They can not get any rules clear ever.Everything in League is surrounded in controversy it must be the only sport in the world that is plagued by errors galore .
                    I hate the game at the moment and have a hard time watching it ...dont give a shit actually ..still watch my Roosters go around but thats it .
                    The game is a mess and so are we......
                    BUT our coach gives his team fighting spirit and they will always compete .No matter who is on deck..Going through a transition phase while trying to hold their heads up..If I am right it will not be long before another comp is on its way.
                    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Working...
                    X