Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For & Against: Are the Roosters still title contenders?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BUDDY View Post

I think we can win it but only if we find a decent 5/8. I don't think we can get to the big dance with either Lam or Hutch. It is to be seen if Keighran can do the job if he stops getting injured and if Robbo gives him a shot.

I wouldn't be surprised if we are after TJ to fill the 5/8 role. Fast, skilful, a great pass, great running game, good defender. Can pick his moments while Walker leads the team around and does his magic. An elite athlete at the top of his game. Now that Verrills is back I see it a waste if we use TJ as a hooker. If Verrills gets injured again sure TJ is a great backup but I find it hard to believe that Robbo will go after him just for the remainder of this year to be a backup hooker. TJ at 5/8 could be our X factor in the back end of the season.

Just my opinion. Run at me.
    Totally agree with you Buddy

Although reported around the traps that we are looking at TJ as a hooker it just seems more logical that the Club may be eyeing him as a 6,especially with Verrils back in the mix..

Intetesting to see how it unfolds

Comment

Good article. It is what it is for us this season, we've been dealt with the cards and it's play on. I don't wish any ill will to any other team or players (wait.... except f*ck Souffs) but injuries and form do play factors and all it takes is one influential player or more to fall over and any of the so called "contenders" will be weaken.

We've got players missing, we've got potential players in talks with joining us (TJ), we've got players injured and they will return this season eventually (Boyd, Lam and possibly Smith) and then we've got some that have yet to debut (Suaalii) ... but as long as we are in the fight (top 8) anything can happen come finals times !

In Robbo We Trust !
      Last edited by DP1990; 04-21-2021, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BUDDY View Post

I think we can win it but only if we find a decent 5/8. I don't think we can get to the big dance with either Lam or Hutch. It is to be seen if Keighran can do the job if he stops getting injured and if Robbo gives him a shot.

I wouldn't be surprised if we are after TJ to fill the 5/8 role. Fast, skilful, a great pass, great running game, good defender. Can pick his moments while Walker leads the team around and does his magic. An elite athlete at the top of his game. Now that Verrills is back I see it a waste if we use TJ as a hooker. If Verrills gets injured again sure TJ is a great backup but I find it hard to believe that Robbo will go after him just for the remainder of this year to be a backup hooker. TJ at 5/8 could be our X factor in the back end of the season.

Just my opinion. Run at me.
        Agree with this opinion !

Comment

I would deem us an outside chance, at best.

The Cowboys made a miraculous run to the GF in 2017 minus Thurston and with a much weaker team than us. But it was a much weaker competition, too - the weakest in recent memory.

Are we a team that can catch fire come finals time, even from 6th place and make a serious run? Absolutely. Souffs did similar last year. But they benefited from a soft finals draw and ultimately should have beaten a Penrith team with serious stage fright.

We will need so much to go our way from here on in given so much has already gone wrong. Namely, a full strength team (minus the season enders) including a fit and firing Cordner. A fast tracked Sam Walker and maybe even Joseph Suallii into NRL superstardom. A very clever late addition like a TJ Perenara or a Widdop/Maloney, and even help from the opposition like a slumping exhausted contender or a contender missing their own superstar playmaker but on shorter notice and with less time to adjust.

So not impossible. But highly improbable.

Still, this is a season to enjoy the journey without worrying about the big prize. The pressure is off the club and fans as no one expects us to even make the top 4. So let's enjoy the ride and see if we can pull a few surprises.

I for one will settle for knocking Souffs out of the finals wk 2, ending Bennett's coaching career and watching Latrell and Cody Walker cry with Reynold's who played his last game for the club. That'd be my GF.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
            The Mole is saying a new sex tape scandal is about to hit the media. Filmed and distributed without consent. Hope we are clean.
            It's a Parra player...my childhood team strikes again..
            "It's these little things, they can pull you under
            Live your life filled with joy and wonder"

Comment

Depends on many factors further injuries and the attitude of the players in not only preparing for games but how they play as individuals and as a team in games . I find it strange though that after a few recent losses poor preparation was given as a reason for the loss.

Need to nail the preparation same as for an example if sitting for an exam - If you don't prepare well then you are very unlikely to get the results you were expecting or desired.

No team is unbeatable though so the Chooks need to keep in the conversation for a finals position. Playing at or near to their ability for the 80 minutes week in week out is the test they need to pass.

Whether or not the Chooks best will be better than other contenders is yet to be determined.

Comment

It will be extremely tough to say the least since we don’t have Keary or Friend. If Keighran gets a chance in the 6 and starts playing well then we might have a chance since Verrills is back which covers the loss of Friend. The main obstacle is the forward pack, if they fire, we play well.

Comment

I think it will be good to be flying under the radar - no one else gives us a chance so we'll just play out the year.
                  Finish in the top 8 - anything is possible - no pressure.
                  There's a reason why the young and idealistic become the old and cynical.
                  It's called experience.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyHarry View Post
                    I think it will be good to be flying under the radar - no one else gives us a chance so we'll just play out the year.
                    Finish in the top 8 - anything is possible - no pressure.
                    You tell em Harry - don't let the Mayor in on it though as you know what trouble he causes you especially when he sent along Mrs Gray from his office for the Inspector interviews.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rcIJIWqYmo
                    Last edited by King Salvo; 04-21-2021, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X