ACL problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACL problems

I'm posting this from the Roosters Facebook page and wondering whether this could be an issue. I hope Giuseppe doesnt mind.

Giuseppe Gigi Gigliotti
    SYDNEY ROOSTERS Official Supporters Page

6 ACL/knee injuries is less than a year...

Its gotta be something in the training.. either the actually activities they’re doing or the surfaces where they are training on are either too firm or the opposite too soft (unstable).. my sporting loves go further than NRL, I also love football (soccer) the team I support, which goes with my cultural background of being Italian is Juventus,

Juventus had issues of the same nature about 6 or 7 years ago, and after a study they found the surfaces where they trained on caused instability in muscles & ligaments etc.. they quickly resurfaced and redone training facilities to meet better standards and injuries are now less and no problem.. maybe, just maybe, we might need to look at something at the Roosters too

Good post and something the club should look into , although I'm sure they already are .

Comment

the club will be having a look at it. another thing - with the ball in play more the players are playing more than an extra game's worth of footy over the season so there will inevitably be more injuries.

Comment

As Keary said on Roosters radio, there are lots of theories but none of them are backed by evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post
          the club will be having a look at it. another thing - with the ball in play more the players are playing more than an extra game's worth of footy over the season so there will inevitably be more injuries.
          I posted that previously and on some other sites although posters shot back saying if that's the case then why is not happening at all clubs as the ball is in play longer for them as well. Be interesting what any review shows not just the NRL but the Chooks as well

Comment

In each case there were strange circumstances, Verrills and Radley was a game soon after lockdown and on a lush surface which had very little usage. Keary was on a soft surface after record rain fall. Last week was again on a soft surface that was also uneven. Also new rules, a shorter off-season especially for the SOO players. Roosters have been training with higher impact since lockdown to effectively give the lower graders more game time. A roundabout way of saying there are many possibilities.

On 100% footy Gus mentioned Robbo telling Panthers back in 2015 that their horrific run of injuries must be related to training. Panthers said they changed nothing, and the injuries only happened that one year. Sometimes sh1t happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit of 66 View Post
              As Keary said on Roosters radio, there are lots of theories but none of them are backed by evidence.
              Reminded me of that today too. Keary said if you can find out what the thing(s) are that cause ACLs "you'll have a really good job." Then went on to say exactly what Spirit mentioned and that he really doesn't have a view on the causes.

Last edited by Batemans Bay Rooster; 05-06-2021, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Could also ask the question why we have so many serious concussion issues.

Comment

Originally posted by dice View Post
                  In each case there were strange circumstances, Verrills and Radley was a game soon after lockdown and on a lush surface which had very little usage. Keary was on a soft surface after record rain fall. Last week was again on a soft surface that was also uneven. Also new rules, a shorter off-season especially for the SOO players. Roosters have been training with higher impact since lockdown to effectively give the lower graders more game time. A roundabout way of saying there are many possibilities.

On 100% footy Gus mentioned Robbo telling Panthers back in 2015 that their horrific run of injuries must be related to training. Panthers said they changed nothing, and the injuries only happened that one year. Sometimes sh1t happens.
                  Gus likes to rub it in with the Chooks - did Uncle Nick not invite to him to some of his parties or forgot his Birthday etc-

Radley and Verrills ones was related to the Bankwest ground in my view - NRL came out and said nothing wrong with the ground and it's been inspected 100% good - then a week or so later the turf is pulled up and new turf laid with the NRL saying that it's a new ground and deserves new turf to make it sparkle etc.

Even Fittler said it was a poor surface at Bankwest a number of times before and during games as it was being used quite a bit much much more than it would usually be . 9th or 10th game in 4 or so weeks.
                  Last edited by King Salvo; 05-06-2021, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post
                    Could also ask the question why we have so many serious concussion issues.
                    I reckon the increase n those must be to do with the speed of the game and as such head in the wrong place. Not only the rules this year, but the game just gets faster. When you look at Jake's last couple of head knocks, he's fatigued and striving just to get his body in front - like the absolute warrior he is. I guess in some way fatigue means you might get your head in totally the wrong position, or just be a split second late getting it to the right position. Either way you're in trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

Gus likes to rub it in with the Chooks - did Uncle Nick not invite to him to some of his parties or forgot his Birthday etc-

Radley and Verrills ones was related to the Bankwest ground in my view - NRL came out and said nothing wrong with the ground and it's been inspected 100% good - then a week or so later the turf is pulled up and new turf laid with the NRL saying that it's a new ground and deserves new turf to make it sparkle etc. Even Fittler said it was a poor surface a number of times before and during games as it was being used quite a bit.
                      Exactly. NRL saying they do their ground firmness tests to ensure player welfare. I can't recall them ever postponing or transferring a game due to the surface not being up to standard.

Comment

I don't know what the causes are, but I do hope we at least look into it during the off season. Due diligence is sensible.
                        MRR or Rabid

Some people believe supporting the Roosters
                        is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed
                        with that attitude. I can assure you it is
                        much, much more important than that.

(1981 Bill Shankly quote variation)

Comment

Working...
                        X