Is Teddy right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

Sorry to hear that... pretty messed up!!! I hope these guys got the book thrown at them? Frustrates me that this kinda crap goes on every day. Totally off-topic but it's scary for me having a daughter in Japan because I have no insight into what may or may not be happening to her at school (and am powerless to do anything). However I'm pretty sure that as the only tall girl with brown hair in her town, there will be d!ckheads chasing after her all the time.
    Thank you. Only one out of the 3 cases I mentioned got resolved respectfully but my niece is still taking her child out of the fancy expensive private school this happened at..Yes I remember you said your daughter is in Japan and I hope she is safe and well.
    "It's these little things, they can pull you under
    Live your life filled with joy and wonder"

Comment

Hutcho was laying down as he was genuinely hurt and they still turned a blind eye. It is getting blatantly obvious it is the colour of our guernsey that is the problem.
      Sickie Lame .... King of Bestiality

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

Yeah HIAs are a mixed bag for me. I support them coming down hard on dog shots so that people learn to either do a proper tackle or make no contact at all (rather than speculatively swinging a stray arm around as soon as they miss).

It gets abused though. Zero tolerance never works because the cheats (e.g. Munster) will keep cheating and you just end up penalising people for making honest mistakes.

Reminds me of the Canberra's farking 'zero tolerance towards violence at schools' rule. Literally all it does is force any kids with ADHD/autism (or simply bigger kids who are a bit more energetic) to be sent home and excluded every day. Meanwhile, bullying is still rampant because the art of bullying involves picking out a kid with ADHD/autism, being an @rswhole to them and then playing the victim when they fire up at you. Result? Instead of stamping out 'male violence against females'... there's a long line of mothers each day who have to leave work and pickup their kids at recess time because 'stamping their foot', 'pushing somebody' or 'throwing a crayon at the wall' leads to them getting sent home right away. It's stupid and doesn't touch the issue of bullying/control/violence. It just penalised less devious kids who have self-control issues (that they're usually working on, whereas bullies and narcissists will be finding new ways to trigger them, with the support of idiot teachers who buy into their 'victim' stories).

Long story short... people who are morally bankrupt don't magically become nice people because of zero tolerance rules. Cheaters will always find ways to cheat the system and cry the victim when nobody's done anything to them. That's why rather than hot-headed 'zero tolerance' rules, we need calm heads that can see what's REALLY going on.

I reckon the answer is that mixed netball should be introduced to the school curriculum from kindergarten.

Comment

If you look at our injury list the only long term injury from foul play is Hutch. While Teddy has copped a few high shots this year, I think his running style does contribute to the problem. That's not making excuses for the defenders but against both the Dragons and Eels, in real time, contact is only borderline late IMO although no denying there is contact with the head. His initial concussion came from the collision with Sivo in the Eels game last year, which was legitimate, and his problems have continued from then. Both Boyd and Jake's issues come from the fearlessness with which they play the game. In Jake's case most of his later head clashes were accidental or from friendly fire, for Boyd, I think his tackling technique contributes. It could be argued that for both those guys the increased pace of the game contributes to the fatigue resulting in poorer decisions and technique.

Referees have always been able to control the outcome of games to a certain extent. I remember thinking Keith Page was always against us, then it was Keith Holman, then Laurie Bruyeres, then Greg Hartley, then Bill Harrigan, then Ben Cummings and every referee when we lost with a controversial decision in a close game. That comes from being a passionate supporter. But as Trent has always said since day 1, we have to be better so that we overcome those things.

As passionate supporters it's difficult to look at these things objectively. But blaming referees, rule changes and conspiracy theories about desired outcomes makes us no better than passionate supporters of any other club. We should aim to be better than that.
          Last edited by Noosa Rooster; 05-09-2021, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit of 66 View Post
            Here's a radical suggestion to clean up the foul play problem: make the offending team pay a salary cap penalty to the team of the victim. If the victim's team loses a player to obvious foul play and is out for ten weeks, then the offending team would cover that player's salary for that period out of their cap and the Roosters get corresponding cap relief. There'd be no actual cash transferred, just an adjustment of the caps available (maybe carried over to the following year for the team of the offender if their cap was expended, but available immediately to the victim's club).

For example, if the Roosters now have to pay Hutch $25,000 while he is on the sidelines, they immediately get cap relief for that. Parra would have $25,000 deducted from their cap in the following year. Or if Tedesco is wiped out for six months from a foul, that figure might be half a million.
            That idea is brilliant.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Pickett View Post
              I detest the 6 again rule.
              Me too but only cause we are always at the wrong end of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Pickett View Post
                I echo that statement mate.

I detest the
                "Believe in yourself, especially when no one else will."

Sasquatch

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
                  700% is insane.

Where did you get that stat from? I wonder how much of that is just tightening of the HIA protocols or whether there are genuinely more head injuries in the game.
                  Was attached to the article that came out recently on the 'LeagueLive app.

Sorry, wasn't ducking the question, just got caught up in the event that is mothers day.

Happy mothers day to all the mothers in our roosters family AND.... forgive if this is politically incorrect or offends.

But happy mothers day to all our single dads for whatever the reasons may be.

Comment

Originally posted by Noosa Rooster View Post
                    If you look at our injury list the only long term injury from foul play is Hutch. While Teddy has copped a few high shots this year, I think his running style does contribute to the problem. That's not making excuses for the defenders but against both the Dragons and Eels, in real time, contact is only borderline late IMO although no denying there is contact with the head. His initial concussion came from the collision with Sivo in the Eels game last year, which was legitimate, and his problems have continued from then. Both Boyd and Jake's issues come from the fearlessness with which they play the game. In Jake's case most of his later head clashes were accidental or from friendly fire, for Boyd, I think his tackling technique contributes. It could be argued that for both those guys the increased pace of the game contributes to the fatigue resulting in poorer decisions and technique.

Referees have always been able to control the outcome of games to a certain extent. I remember thinking Keith Page was always against us, then it was Keith Holman, then Laurie Bruyeres, then Greg Hartley, then Bill Harrigan, then Ben Cummings and every referee when we lost with a controversial decision in a close game. That comes from being a passionate supporter. But as Trent has always said since day 1, we have to be better so that we overcome those things.

As passionate supporters it's difficult to look at these things objectively. But blaming referees, rule changes and conspiracy theories about desired outcomes makes us no better than passionate supporters of any other club. We should aim to be better than that.
                    Sorry I don't find it difficult to be objective. I can easily tell when we don't deserve a win. But I won't bury my head in the sand when impartial supporters are pointing it out too.

Our coach was brilliant in the presser where he put the spotlight on them without coming across like Ricky Stuart.

They know therefore they amass teams and train them accordingly.

But they're putting our boys in hospital. Enoughs enough.

Comment

Working...
                    X