Where are Vlandys and Abdo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Batemans Bay Rooster View Post

Don't subscribe to anything Newscorp except Kayo, so hadn't seen/can't read that article. Not seem him or Abdo in any other media for weeks and I look at a fair bit.

Given the headline of that article I'm assuming he outlined his plan to get rid of dog shots, but also explained why it's right that a player who did a dog shot like Brown did should only miss 3 weeks? Did they ask him why he thinks fining someone a relative pittance will do anything to reduce the amount of headshots?
    If you Google his name it shows up as 3rd news item and you can view for free. Like I said it's just not true that they aren't to be seen on this issue.

Independent commission chairman Peter V’landys spoke of his anger and frustration over the incident in that match officials had failed to send off or at least sin bin Parramatta five-eighth Dylan Brown.

Bizarrely, Brown was put on report 20 minutes later.

“You can spend millions of dollars trying to encourage participation, but incidents like Friday night that are not acted on at the elite level puts that money to waste,” V’landys said.

“It has an effect on mums out there not wanting their kids to play.”

V’landys took personal responsibility for the failure of senior bunker official Steve Chiddy and referee Matt Cecchin to act on it appropriately.

As a result, Chiddy has been stood down from the bunker for the remainder of round nine.

The NRL’s head of football Graham Annesley and chief executive Andrew Abdo had emergency talks late on Friday night after the game before standing down Chiddy, who was in charge for last year’s grand final.

A furious V’landys had called for stronger action against foul play just days before the game.

“We’ve let the fans and the players down,” V’landys said. “I feel I’ve let them down.

“The commission put out an edict on foul play last week but it was not adhered to.

“It’s disappointing because the referees have been doing a terrific job this year.

“Maybe it’s my fault and we need to implement our directives better. With the technology available in the bunker, we need to do much better.”

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post

Problem is Stringaz your post will appear on 15 other NRL club forums from frustrated fans. You need to speak with facts not emotion, you will find a fan of every side in every sport who will tell you there's a conspiracy at play to the detriment of their side.

I thought Checcin on Friday night was horrendous, his attitude, clear frustration and constant coaching of our players was over the top and he seemed well off his game. At one point he mentioned to Tedesco that "the stats will show it" referring to us slowing the play the ball down when Tedesco questioned the lopsided penalty count. Almost like he had come into the game with a predetermined opinion on our style of play, having done some statistical analysis.
      You're absolutely correct in that there are fans on literally every other forum who think their team gets cheated by the ref/bunker/match review every week. The difference though is that there are statistics showing that we've been hammered in the penalty counts for what, the last two decades? As Stringaz mentioned, with a host of different players and a few coaches.

I don't think there is a concerted effort to stop us winning the premiership; I can't imagine that's true for a second, so I don't really know what the answer is. I'm guessing, like you mentioned, the ref's are coached before a game on what to watch out for, and I suppose they've been told to essentially, look out for a lot of our players over the past two decades?

But again, that really doesn't explain why we seem to receive so few penalties. We've had a massively dominant forward pack for 10 years now, and you'd think we'd be the ones getting the ruck penalties as we seem to physically dominate other teams in the middle most of the time. I suppose we tend to push the boundaries, but it still doesn't explain the improvement that other teams seem to have in their discipline. The Eels for instance, got away with quite a bit that we just weren't being afforded. It was the same with the Storm game. It really looked like a different standard was being used whenever we had the ball.

Comment

Problem is Stringaz your post will appear on 15 other NRL club forums from frustrated fans. You need to speak with facts not emotion, you will find a fan of every side in every sport who will tell you there's a conspiracy at play to the detriment of their side.

I thought Checcin on Friday night was horrendous, his attitude, clear frustration and constant coaching of our players was over the top and he seemed well off his game. At one point he mentioned to Tedesco that "the stats will show it" referring to us slowing the play the ball down when Tedesco questioned the lopsided penalty count. Almost like he had come into the game with a predetermined opinion on our style of play, having done some statistical analysis.
        Just because other fans whinge of bias can't mean it dosent happen. There is no imaginary ceiling to stop everything at incompetence.

I can live with a rough call it happens to every team. Unfortunately there is systematic bias behaviour that happens all the time and not just the games we play.

Cecchin horrendous? Not his first day at the office, and how come it favoured the eels every time? Where was the clanger against them?

NRL is a huge business, lotsa money and power involved and control of agendas to keep all fans interested. The last four years is been two teams take it all. Not good compared to the previous year's when 3 teams got their cherry popped.

Comment

Originally posted by BraveTheWorld View Post

You're absolutely correct in that there are fans on literally every other forum who think their team gets cheated by the ref/bunker/match review every week. The difference though is that there are statistics showing that we've been hammered in the penalty counts for what, the last two decades? As Stringaz mentioned, with a host of different players and a few coaches.

I don't think there is a concerted effort to stop us winning the premiership; I can't imagine that's true for a second, so I don't really know what the answer is. I'm guessing, like you mentioned, the ref's are coached before a game on what to watch out for, and I suppose they've been told to essentially, look out for a lot of our players over the past two decades?

But again, that really doesn't explain why we seem to receive so few penalties. We've had a massively dominant forward pack for 10 years now, and you'd think we'd be the ones getting the ruck penalties as we seem to physically dominate other teams in the middle most of the time. I suppose we tend to push the boundaries, but it still doesn't explain the improvement that other teams seem to have in their discipline. The Eels for instance, got away with quite a bit that we just weren't being afforded. It was the same with the Storm game. It really looked like a different standard was being used whenever we had the ball.
          That last sentence of yours is spot on. The players themselves would know more than anyone the actual feeling if the game. He's captain now yes, but teddy was looking pretty exasperated last night. I feel for em.

Now let me sound like a true whinging fan: Hutcho on the weekend (along with marchke to some extent) at times there was definitely trying to slow down ruck speed, and got rightly pinged.

In the context of the game the guys know the opposition are getting leniency so therefore they try to take some advantage for themselves. Sometimes they should be penalized because, you know, football.

But the double standards apply and we end up with 12-5 pens against .

marchke sent for cynicism, and a bloke who was screaming on the ground ends up in an ambulance before the other dudes on report.

"Ooooh we gotta get trainers off the field" but let's ignore soliolas tackle that cartwheeled keary.

GO EASTS

Comment

No doubt Walkers leading with the knees was shit.
            How many times did the bunker look at that.... The suits are in hiding trying to get their PR folk to spin it. Now Brown goes off, do we win, maybe maybe not. But there's no denying there have been a shit load of injuries, some career ending. And we all know unlike the drizzle, Roosters don't lie down unless it;s serious. Would like to see how other teams would have reacted to what we've had to face.

Vlandys et al you cannot break the Roosters spirit.

Comment

My wife is an intelligent woman (despite the fact she married me), and is Canberra born & bred. She has no emotional connection to the Roosters, other than knowing only too well how much they mean to me. So what is her take on the officiating of our recent matches, particularly Friday night?
              ”You have to wonder whether it’s corruption, after all, it is everywhere”. When impartial people begin seeing it this way, you know there’s an issue.

Comment

If you Google his name it shows up as 3rd news item and you can view for free. Like I said it's just not true that they aren't to be seen on this issue.

Independent commission chairman Peter V’landys spoke of his anger and frustration over the incident in that match officials had failed to send off or at least sin bin Parramatta five-eighth Dylan Brown.

Bizarrely, Brown was put on report 20 minutes later.

“You can spend millions of dollars trying to encourage participation, but incidents like Friday night that are not acted on at the elite level puts that money to waste,” V’landys said.

“It has an effect on mums out there not wanting their kids to play.”

V’landys took personal responsibility for the failure of senior bunker official Steve Chiddy and referee Matt Cecchin to act on it appropriately.

As a result, Chiddy has been stood down from the bunker for the remainder of round nine.

The NRL’s head of football Graham Annesley and chief executive Andrew Abdo had emergency talks late on Friday night after the game before standing down Chiddy, who was in charge for last year’s grand final.

A furious V’landys had called for stronger action against foul play just days before the game.

“We’ve let the fans and the players down,” V’landys said. “I feel I’ve let them down.

“The commission put out an edict on foul play last week but it was not adhered to.

“It’s disappointing because the referees have been doing a terrific job this year.

“Maybe it’s my fault and we need to implement our directives better. With the technology available in the bunker, we need to do much better.”
                So he's furious. He's called for stronger action. Wow. Change the judiciary grading so actions like Brown's don't attract a joke penalty of 3 weeks bro. When are you doing that Peter? If you want Mums to allow their kids to play and not be put off by "dog acts", you need to actually do something to stop the dog acts.
                Last edited by Batemans Bay Rooster; 05-09-2021, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Yes Marsche was sinbinned last week for being 'cynical' .whereas this week knees in the back and shoulder charges to the head are barely reportable. Yes they'll fix the problems of last friday night, meaning watch out next weekend they'll be handing out yellow cards like M & Ms. And dont be surprised which team will be the recipient of next weeks crackdown ...JWH will be binned for farting in a tackle ! and hopefully Marsche has got the cynacism out of his game by then

Comment

PVL ruins the game through inane rule changes and then carries on about letting fans down. So what are you going to do? Stand down?

Comment

The NRL heavies have a new challenge this week - playing 8 games on a field that has been chopped to pieces by the Super Rugby final. By the end of the game the ref had trouble finding a patch of ground solid enough to pack a scrum.

Get ready for another two or three ACL injuries.

Comment

Working...
                      X