New rules crackdown starts tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NorfolkStreetKid View Post

Hitting someone in the head, or late or illegally is not TOUGH. As I suggested before, if anyone doesn't think it's a tough game they should go and let themselveves be LEGALLY tackled by JWH, or any other forward in the NRL. The dinosaurs will just have to adjust or perish. The game cannot afford to be seen to allow players to be concussed illegally, it HAS TO change. If the illegal play is allowed to go on there will not be a game in 10 years time, it will have gone broke paying out law suits. The game will be BETTER, and it will thrive.
    im not saying they shouldnt crack down on head highs, they definitely should. like the two on tedesco in the dragons and eels game deserved to be punished.

ive said it before, but they needed to officiate the games to a higher standards and actually follow the rules and not lower the bar which they are doing now.

the shit reffereeing is the reason we are in the mess because they let everything go, but now theyre blaming the players for the mess that has happened. they should be looking inwards as to why this mess started in the first place

Comment

• People are banging on about how it can change a game and could ruin the SOO and GF etc etc - Well change your tackling technique so it wont affect any game - The two sin bins tonight Cows players vs Knights were avoidable - JT lazy swinging arm tackle busting the Knights players nose - sin bin and on report fair enough - Burr had the time to make a legal tackle and went high -sin bin and on report fair enough again.

Not sure when players will learn and all this bunkum of having to learn how to tackle lower and calibrate tackling techniques is just making excuses as this should not be too hard as the days of tackling upright or catch and hold of the ball carrier are on the decline so move with the times - tackle around the legs and waist.

These are not new rules they are existing rules that are finally being enforced as they should have always been.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoosterFanNZ View Post

im not saying they shouldnt crack down on head highs, they definitely should. like the two on tedesco in the dragons and eels game deserved to be punished.

ive said it before, but they needed to officiate the games to a higher standards and actually follow the rules and not lower the bar which they are doing now.

the shit reffereeing is the reason we are in the mess because they let everything go, but now theyre blaming the players for the mess that has happened. they should be looking inwards as to why this mess started in the first place
        Yes that is correct the ref would put someone on report and let the MRC/Judiciary deal with it - that practice came into place when they changed the MRC/Judiciary in having various gradings/fines and early pleas and what not.

Need to also change the MRC and Judicary as well as training refs/touchies and the bunkers on what grade these offences are when deciding the course of action on the field.

I would scrap the loadings for similar or non similar offences - but keep the early plea discount- 1st offence for grading's with points - normal points - 2nd offence 2 x grading points - 3rd offence 3 x grading points - 4th offence 4 x grading points and so on - any offence

1st offence - grading points less early plea- i.e say grade 2 - 200 points less early plea 25% = 150 points - 1 match suspension and 50 carryover points/

2nd offence -grading points are doubled less early plea- i.e say grade 2(200 points) - be 400 points less early plea 20% = 300 points plus 50 carryovers = 350 points - 3 game suspension and 50 carryovers

3rd offence - grading points are tripled less early plea- i.e say grade 3 - (300 points) be 900 points less early plea of 25% = 675 points plus 50 carryover = 725 points - 7 game suspension and 25 carryovers

4th offence - grading points are quadrupled less early plea i.e say a grade (300 points) be 1200 points less early plea of 25% = 900 points plus 25 carryovers = 925 points - 9 games and 25 carryovers

Clean slate for players with no offences in 5 consecutive years - i.e start from 1st offence

Need to look at other tackles as well such as crushers/hip drops/chicken wings/cannon balls and other dangerous ones when they stretch the ball carrier in all directions- penalty/sin bins and report and send offs for these.

Last edited by King Salvo; 05-21-2021, 01:21 AM.

Comment

• I like the crackdown in theory - who wouldn’t think running high shots out of the game is a good thing obviously.

So don’t get me wrong I am supportive of the crackdown - however they may well stop concussions from high shots however there will be an increase in concussions to the tackler as a result. I don’t think it will change the overall amount of concussions much. Think of both Jake and Boyd I feel like most of their concussions came from getting the head in the wrong position tackling low. They really need to address this as well to get a significant reduction in concussions in the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Lip View Post
            I like the crackdown in theory - who wouldn’t think running high shots out of the game is a good thing obviously.

So don’t get me wrong I am supportive of the crackdown - however they may well stop concussions from high shots however there will be an increase in concussions to the tackler as a result. I don’t think it will change the overall amount of concussions much. Think of both Jake and Boyd I feel like most of their concussions came from getting the head in the wrong position tackling low. They really need to address this as well to get a significant reduction in concussions in the game.
            Concussions from low tackling or incorrect tackling style, or accidental contact have always been part of the game and will continue to be. Thats not going to change. Stopping the damage cause by illegal contact is the current aim. There will also probably be more concentration on tackling technique by coaches. I am not sure the focus on increasing the speed of the game is helpful, because fatigue makes bad decisions by defenders more likely, and increases the risk of injury. One major problem is the win at all costs attitude of many coaches, it has to be tempered in some way, we all want to see our players put in wholehearted efforts to win, I understand that, but something needs to change.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorfolkStreetKid View Post

Concussions from low tackling or incorrect tackling style, or accidental contact have always been part of the game and will continue to be. Thats not going to change. Stopping the damage cause by illegal contact is the current aim. There will also probably be more concentration on tackling technique by coaches. I am not sure the focus on increasing the speed of the game is helpful, because fatigue makes bad decisions by defenders more likely, and increases the risk of injury. One major problem is the win at all costs attitude of many coaches, it has to be tempered in some way, we all want to see our players put in wholehearted efforts to win, I understand that, but something needs to change.
              Say you were asked to coach an NRL team & you are on 500k per year, Im pretty sure you are going to do everything you can (win at all cost) to try to get your team to win because its a once in a lifetime job that pays alot better than working on the council.

Comment

• Here comes alot of knee injuries.
                excessive low tackle syndrome
                1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

Say you were asked to coach an NRL team & you are on 500k per year, Im pretty sure you are going to do everything you can (win at all cost) to try to get your team to win because its a once in a lifetime job that pays alot better than working on the council.
                  Not to the detriment and health of your players though - Big Jack Gibson always put the players first - getting them jobs/accommodation/ loaning them money etc.

I worked with a bloke a while back and he was saying when his cousin was signed by Newtown for the 1973 season - Big Jack was the coach - Big Jack got him a job / accommodation and lent him several grand to buy a car - strange thing was when he asked Big Jack how much to pay each week to pay off the loan - Big Jack said don't worry about it - its been covered.
                  Last edited by King Salvo; 05-21-2021, 10:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

This will be interesting.
                    3 defenders all trying to lock up the ball with 6 arms around the player in possession how isnt an arm going to come in contact with the neck or head. Is the game gonna change tonight back to tackling around the legs if not then teams will have no players left out on the field.
                    mmm what happens if all 3 defenders tackle high.

Both players (Drags and Sharks) in the first half tonight could have made legitimate tackles - in fact the Sharks player looked like he was going to make a tackle around the legs /waist but went high.

Sure people will say he was trying to make a bear hug tackle from behind to stop a possible pass but that's the rule and in any case tackling legit the Dragons player may not been able to pass the ball / could have lost the ball or passed it forward.

No use players standing there like stunned mullets or sheepisly walking over to the ref with a why you want to talk to me ref look on their face they know the rules follow them.- Tackle high and you face the consequences.

If you drive a car you have to follow the road rules - no use saying oh it was an accident I was speeding so no need for a fine or loss of points - imagine what the roads would like if people didn't follow the road rules or in general society in not following or abiding by any laws.

Gould banging on again as a Dragon player knocks himself out almost with poor technique - oh that's what happens when they change the tackle zone etc etc - looked like he tried to put on a shoulder charge to me - got his head in the wrong place.

Dugan high tackle - another could have made a legit tackle one but went high - on report and sin bin

As Gordon Ramsay often says the players need to

Last edited by King Salvo; 05-21-2021, 10:20 PM.

Comment

• That Vaughan sin bin was a joke.
                      As JWH mentioned during the week that some soft c0cks would milk it. The refs have to be awake to them.

Comment

• Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

mmm what happens if all 3 defenders tackle high.

Both players (Drags and Sharks) in the first half tonight could have made legitimate tackles - in fact the Sharks player looked like he was going to make a tackle around the legs /waist but went high.

Sure people will say he was trying to make a bear hug tackle from behind to stop a possible pass but that's the rule and in any case tackling legit the Dragons player may not been able to pass the ball / could have lost the ball or passed it forward.

No use players standing there like stunned mullets or sheepisly walking over to the ref with a why you want to talk to me ref look on their face they know the rules follow them.- Tackle high and you face the consequences.

If you drive a car you have to follow the road rules - no use saying oh it was an accident I was speeding so no need for a fine or loss of points - imagine what the roads would like if people didn't follow the road rules or in general society in not following or abiding by any laws.

Gould banging on again as a Dragon player knocks himself out almost with poor technique - oh that's what happens when they change the tackle zone etc etc - looked like he tried to put on a shoulder charge to me - got his head in the wrong place.

Dugan high tackle - another could have made a legit tackle one but went high - on report and sin bin

As Gordon Ramsay often says the players need to

I’m pretty sure most people speed, whether it is 5km over or 30, but you could drive around for years without getting a ticket.

these players are now getting picked up for some very minor/unintentionally incidents all the time.

The NRL are going to have to find some better balance before the game keeps becoming less of a spectacle.

Comment

• Originally posted by BUDDY View Post
                          That Vaughan sin bin was a joke.
                          As JWH mentioned during the week that some soft c0cks would milk it. The refs have to be awake to them.
                          Yes agree with that..

Also Vaughan deserves a Grammy for his acting skills on the crusher, what a fraud...

Comment

• Just watch the drizzle. These guys are masters of manipulation. They will milk and act if they can draw a penalty or sin bin. Win at any cost mentality.
                            1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

Working...
                            X