No announcement yet.

21 MAN SQUAD v BRONCOS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agreed - I don't like the idea of him coming off the bench. You're ready or you're not.

Comment

NRL 2021: Joseph Suaalii to make Sydney Roosters debut against Brisbane Broncos (smh.com.au)

Roosters confirmed on Thursday evening Suaalii was good to go, with the youngster to come off the bench at the SCG.

Last edited by dice; 05-21-2021, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by OMR View Post
        Why wouldn’t he play the full 80 minutes? If you’re good enough, you’re old enough.
        Because it's his first game, and all the hype around him. Makes sense to see how we start before putting him on.

Comment

I can understand a slow introduction for forwards into first grade but backs, if good enough to play NRL should be ok to play 80 minutes.

Forget about his age. The Roosters think he's an NRL player so his age is not relevant. If you're good enough you're old enough. The opposition certainly won't be taking it easier on him cause he's 17.

Comment

Originally posted by Mad_Rabid_Rooster View Post
            I think this is a calculated risk that Robbo is willing to take. He probably won't play the whole 80 minutes, but enough to get his first taste of first grade - granted against weak opposition - which is probably the ideal time to debut him outside the Origin period. Hopefully it proves to be a good move.
            We can't have Adam K and Sualli off the bench.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
              We can't have Adam K and Sualli off the bench.
              could tupounuia to centre for the start of the game, butcher in second row, suaalii on the bench?

however many mins in, take butcher off tupounia back into second row and suaalii on.

same amount of forward and back players as usual, but just start the game a little shuffled. thats if the jmoz or tupou injury rumours are true

Comment

Originally posted by RoosterFanNZ View Post

could tupounuia to centre for the start of the game, butcher in second row, suaalii on the bench?

however many mins in, take butcher off tupounia back into second row and suaalii on.

same amount of forward and back players as usual, but just start the game a little shuffled. thats if the jmoz or tupou injury rumours are true
                If this happens I'll walk around in a Souths jersey all week and post photos of myself wearing it every day.

Comment

No disrespect to Sitili but in that game where he was in the centres, he looked so out of place. If Suaalii is going to come off the bench, Keighran could take a centre spot if it’s JMoz out since he played there for the Warriors.

Comment

Push Iku into centres and play JS on the wing. Surely

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

If this happens I'll walk around in a Souths jersey all week and post photos of myself wearing it every day.
                      haha fair enough, just thought that as he goes to centre when ever we get a halves injury and manu went to 6

Comment

Apparently the bears are calling up Penioni Tagituimua from the Kaviti Silktails for their game on Sunday - highlighting more develop from our pathways programs

Comment

Originally posted by RoosterFanNZ View Post

Oh God please no! Why need to make so many positional changes? He’s an outside back, there are plenty of options in the 3/4s and no need to revisit Sitili in the centres ever again

Comment

Originally posted by OMR View Post
                            Oh God please no! Why need to make so many positional changes? He’s an outside back, there are plenty of options in the 3/4s and no need to revisit Sitili in the centres ever again
                            there was a article saying he was playing off the bench. so was thinking of a possible way for him to be on the bench with out wasting a forwards spot.

i hope he doesnt play off the bench, not the biggest fan of out side backs starting on the sidelines. gives me flashbacks of tupou vs the broncos in the finals

Comment

I am keen on having as little disruption to our other players as possible. I still think Suaalii should and will come off the bench. Play him for 80 minutes in game number two onwards, but not in his very first! That is just my opinion. If you put him on early (say after 10 to 15 minutes) and he goes well, leave him on, sure. I am pleased he is going to debut in this game, rather than against, say, the Storm or Penrith. He will get more game time during the Origin period, no doubt.
                              MRR or Rabid

Some people believe supporting the Roosters
                              is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed
                              with that attitude. I can assure you it is
                              much, much more important than that.

(1981 Bill Shankly quote variation)

Comment

Working...
                              X