Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many of our legends copped it from us over the years!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many of our legends copped it from us over the years!

With Friends celebration coming up and the accolades we all bestow on him, it got me thinking about how many players have we given it to over the years who have become club legends! Friend was one these.. we often critiqued his many forward passes or terrible kick options or lack of speed etc… but never ever his toughness or heart! He is a club legend!
    I used to give it to Mini for always dropping the ball as he timed his runs poorly into the gap off the short pass! Love him though!
    Gave it to Toops who was always dominated for a long period… love the guy!!
    Cordner for getting in the way of our short side movements and not being able to pass well when all I wanted was Latrell to get the ball!! He’s a machine!
    And quite a few more… who else is on that list… long time players only!

all of them

Comment

That’s just what we do Nicola. We are a fickle bunch. It makes this place fun.

Cooper wasn’t too popular at first and one idiot thought Teddy was shit!

Comment

Pearcey & back in the day Finchy never copped much of a bagging.
        Mate people on here have wanted Robbo sacked, I even read on here or the old Wall that it was time for Nick to move on.

Comment

Johnny Tobin used to call Freddie "Shittler".

That was up there.
          Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
            That’s just what we do Nicola. We are a fickle bunch. It makes this place fun.

Cooper wasn’t too popular at first and one idiot thought Teddy was shit!
            Speak for yourself.

Comment

If you call Ryan Hall a Roosters legend then guilty as charged , if not I'm innocent

Comment

Would be easier to to put together a list of players never criticised on here.

I'll start

1. Sam Walker

The end.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post

I'll start

1. Sam Walker

The end.
                  Give it time Mate....

Comment

I was listening to an AM radio station and there was this announcer talking with Mark Latham and they began talking about Friends shock retirement and what a great servant to the game etc etc...Now the announcer is an ardent Souffs fan but was very complementary of Jake Friend, as was Latham but then the announcer started bagging the Roosters fans because at one time in Jakes career, the fans started booing Jake at the ground and the announcer said ‘what a disgraceful episode in Jakes career blah blah blah! Those fans should be ashamed!!!’ I think he might have also said that at the time Jake was captain.

I’m not clear on that if it happened or not but if it did, shame shame shame. Can someone elaborate?

Personally I agree that here in this forum we can be critical of anyone, as long as it’s done with respect of the person and only about the ability of such player, but to take it to the ground, I think it’s a little low..,or a lot low. And it’s got nothing to do with someone being a keyboard etc...It’s just a discussion!

Comment

Originally posted by RoosterFanNZ View Post
                      walker does need a few more kgs
                      Does that count? It was the only negative comment I could find after his missed tackle.

Comment

The best was those giving it to Teddy and Cronk when they joined us and took half a season to gel.

Comment

Apparently, Teddy was the worst signing ever lol. Even had its own thread

Comment

I admit....**** I was off Jake for a while, guilty as charged

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post

I'll start

1. Sam Walker

The end.
                              2. Radley
                              3. Possibly Verrills

Comment

Working...
                              X