Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many of our legends copped it from us over the years!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I recall the following players and their main antagonists:

Chris Walker - Chook
    SKD - The Sack
    Shiitler - Johnny Tobin
    Toddy Byrne - quite a few on The Wall
    Finch - everyone on the Wall
    Pearce - half of everyone on the Wall

Some funny stuff.

Comment

- SkidzEEEEEE
      - JackOOOOO
      - FlannOOOOOO
      - BlowiEEEEE
      - GarvEEEEEEE
      - StapOOOO
      - PearcEEEEE
      - Big WilliEEEE
      - AnastAAAAA
      - CherrOOOOO
      - Big PappEEEE
      - KaneOOOOOO
      - FergOOOOO
      - CarnEEEEEE
      - NewasalAAAA
      - PiggEEEEEE
      - HendOOOOO
      - SettamatAAAA
      - WattsEEEEEE
      - GordOOOOO
      - MartiEEEEEE
      - CartAAAAAA
      - LukeiEEEEEE
      - MoggAAAAA
      - TansEEEEEEE
      - BurgOOOOOO

Hope that list provides some food for thought.

PS - in trying to remember Garvey's name, I found an article stating that 'former Roosters player Craig Garvey' got done with cocaine. Why do we always 'sign' deadbeat crack whores like Watts and Garvey?
      Last edited by ism22; 05-19-2021, 07:39 PM.

Comment

oh god , anyone cricising brad fittler around me ...look out

Comment

I remember saying that Dale Shearer was not a good signing. Does that count?

Comment

I remember saying that if Sonny Bill and his circus came to the Roosters and helped us win the 2013 premiership, I'd walk the length of Bronte Road in a Souths jersey (Andy said he'd help me out with the jersey but I hope he's forgotten ). Not only did he make me eat those words, he also sent me a card via the club to pass onto a friend with breast cancer and tumours in her spine after I'd emailed the club about her as she's a very big fan of his. The card arrived in my PO Box within 2 days. Plus he shares my birthday along with Tom Brady..how could I be so wrong? Every Saturday I toast him in my 2013 grand final mug with his photo on it with lots of black coffee in it so I'm well and truly woken up now.
            "Those who care about you can hear you, even when you are quiet" - Steve Maraboli

Comment

Ok I'm trying to find some dirt on my boots.

I did criticise a couple of our guys...Reece Robbo for completely losing his spark, and Joe Burgess for being a little scared.

I also wasn't a fan of young Flanagan from the get go, but that was more a criticism of the clubs recruitment.

Comment

Originally posted by mattyh View Post
                oh god , anyone cricising brad fittler around me ...look out
                I have friends and cousins who followed Freddy from the Riff to the Roosters...I have a couple of brilliant photos of me with him too.

I feel the same about SKD. I was always protective of him from the beginning along with Jake as I've known him since he was 16.
                "Those who care about you can hear you, even when you are quiet" - Steve Maraboli

Comment

Originally posted by Vasco View Post
                  Johnny Tobin used to call Freddie "Shittler".

That was up there.
                  To be fair, he didn’t really start delivering until 2001.
                  Exonerate the West Memphis Three - www.wm3.org

Comment

Do you all remember when joey manu was going nowhere, can't tackle ,but I could see he had something special. Its easy to bag someone rather than support there journey, it's not a easy path to be an nrl player, let alone a legand

Comment

Originally posted by ROC181 View Post
                      I was listening to an AM radio station and there was this announcer talking with Mark Latham and they began talking about Friends shock retirement and what a great servant to the game etc etc...Now the announcer is an ardent Souffs fan but was very complementary of Jake Friend, as was Latham but then the announcer started bagging the Roosters fans because at one time in Jakes career, the fans started booing Jake at the ground and the announcer said ‘what a disgraceful episode in Jakes career blah blah blah! Those fans should be ashamed!!!’ I think he might have also said that at the time Jake was captain.

I’m not clear on that if it happened or not but if it did, shame shame shame. Can someone elaborate?

Personally I agree that here in this forum we can be critical of anyone, as long as it’s done with respect of the person and only about the ability of such player, but to take it to the ground, I think it’s a little low..,or a lot low. And it’s got nothing to do with someone being a keyboard etc...It’s just a discussion!
                      It defiantly happened Roc, I think it was in 2018.

Comment

Originally posted by redwhiteblue View Post

I have friends and cousins who followed Freddy from the Riff to the Roosters...I have a couple of brilliant photos of me with him too.

I feel the same about SKD. I was always protective of him from the beginning along with Jake as I've known him since he was 16.
                        im one of them...i remember my father telling me gus had signed with the roosters, i was devo, then resigned to freddie leaving. penrith were a mess.

i would still always like to know where that panthers team would have ended in 92, if ben hadn't died. nope he wasn't the best player, but he was a glue.

Comment

Originally posted by mattyh View Post

im one of them...i remember my father telling me gus had signed with the roosters, i was devo, then resigned to freddie leaving. penrith were a mess.

i would still always like to know where that panthers team would have ended in 92, if ben hadn't died. nope he wasn't the best player, but he was a glue.
                          I was only thinking about Ben's death a few days ago. It was in the media for days on end and my boyfriend at the time was a Penrith fan. Part of me would like to see them win this year if it can't be us. Melbourne have won plenty and no one else seems to be really consistent.

Comment

I was only thinking about Ben's death a few days ago. It was in the media for days on end and my boyfriend at the time was a Penrith fan. Part of me would like to see them win this year if it can't be us. Melbourne have won plenty and no one else seems to be really consistent.
                            Its Penriths year this year RWB. Trust me.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

Its Penriths year this year RWB. Trust me.
                              I'd said to Bryan Fletcher a few years back that they'd be specials for sure again soon. Then he took my crystal ball tips to the TAB and made money on them and never gave me a cut..selfish man...

Comment

I'd said to Bryan Fletcher a few years back that they'd be specials for sure again soon. Then he took my crystal ball tips to the TAB and made money on them and never gave me a cut..selfish man...
                                All good but what happened to the lotto results you promised me

Comment

Working...
                                X