Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many of our legends copped it from us over the years!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anasta copped heaps and deservedly so.

Finch - FOFF.
    Loved by few, hated by many, respected by all.

Comment

I was saying Boo-Urns.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

It defiantly happened Roc, I think it was in 2018.
        lol.. it didn’t happen. Victor Radley was on the bench and his fan squad were at the game calling for ‘Boo’ which is his nickname, when he came on for Friend.
        Last edited by Cockadoodledoo; 05-19-2021, 10:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster1908 View Post

All good but what happened to the lotto results you promised me
          I've been busy manifesting wins for my friend's horse in the Sydney Cup, contract extensions for myself at work (3 times now they've extended me) finding real estate for another friend and conjuring up new nieces for myself. I dreamed 3 years ago my niece would have a baby girl, making my sister a grandmother again and she arrived on 8 March in London. She's already done 2 TV commercials and is making more money than the rest of us..Oh and a colleague who kept trying to undermine me is now leaving work on Friday...so sorry I've been a bit busy..

my lucky numbers are 4, 7 & 8 if this helps....
          "Those who care about you can hear you, even when you are quiet" - Steve Maraboli

Comment

I seem to recall Morley getting a bagging in his first year too

Comment

Originally posted by mattyh View Post

im one of them...i remember my father telling me gus had signed with the roosters, i was devo, then resigned to freddie leaving. penrith were a mess.

i would still always like to know where that panthers team would have ended in 92, if ben hadn't died. nope he wasn't the best player, but he was a glue.
              That tragedy really put a stop on Greg Alexander's career as well. He would be the only footy player that might compete with Brett Kenny in terms of pure footy talent. He had it all - good hands, kick, side-step, defence, and was the fastest halfback I've ever seen.

I've seen some fantastic halves combo's over the years - Mortimer Lamb, Sterling Kenny, Stuart Daley, Langer Wally. The Alexander Fittler combo could have been as good as any one of these and maybe even better.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Pickett View Post

That tragedy really put a stop on Greg Alexander's career as well. He would be the only footy player that might compete with Brett Kenny in terms of pure footy talent. He had it all - good hands, kick, side-step, defence, and was the fastest halfback I've ever seen.

I've seen some fantastic halves combo's over the years - Mortimer Lamb, Sterling Kenny, Stuart Daley, Langer Wally. The Alexander Fittler combo could have been as good as any one of these and maybe even better.
                i think gus , said , brandy was the most talented player he ever coached , and it wasn't close ....think about that for a second

Comment

sliding doors moments in league

the penrith 92 tragedy ...end of brandy
                  bulldogs ...letting jt slip through their fingers ...then sbw
                  cowboys ...letting kalyn ponga go for lachlan coote
                  seibold telling s walker nah son , your a fullback ...

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Pickett View Post
                    I recall the following players and their main antagonists:

Chris Walker - Chook
                    SKD - The Sack
                    Shiitler - Johnny Tobin
                    Toddy Byrne - quite a few on The Wall
                    Finch - everyone on the Wall
                    Pearce - half of everyone on the Wall

Some funny stuff.
                    None of these would be classed as legends though, so any criticism I think is warranted!

SKD goes into the legends books purely for his heroic effort in the 2013 Gf with his broken jaw. This doesn’t get mentioned enough in RL folklore! And we loved him because he was rocks and diamonds!

Im talking about the genuine legends that now occupy a piece of Roosters history… Toops, Friend, Cords, JWH all roosters legends with 3 premierships and so have copped it from us.

This post is meant to be light hearted though… showing how us fans are a such fickle bunch!!!

But I do like the other take on which players have we never criticised collectively?

Out of the current or recent group, I can’t critique SST to add to Victor and new kid Sam!

Also the value we get from Liu over his career! He’s shaping up as a Roosters legend!!! Tough, reliable… cool as Ice!

Last edited by Nicola Tesla; 05-19-2021, 11:42 PM.

Comment

Some players cop it on here from time to time, but I am sure that it would be nothing compared to some other club forums. Just imagine what it would be like in the vermin, st merge, slimy parrasite and dog forums - I shudder at the mere thought. Too dire to contemplate really.
                      MRR or Rabid

Some people believe supporting the Roosters
                      is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed
                      with that attitude. I can assure you it is
                      much, much more important than that.

(1981 Bill Shankly quote variation)

Comment

Collins is one player I criticised quite a bit for having flipper hands. Was so happy to be proved wrong about him when he started showing what he could do last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
                          Would be easier to to put together a list of players never criticised on here.

I'll start

1. Sam Walker

The end.
                          go back and read the game day thread vs Cronulla in the first half…

Comment

I bag plenty during games, although most I don’t mind once they leave our club.

pearce is a good example of a bloke who I just didn’t think was up to it for us but I enjoy at the knights.

fittler is actually the opposite. My favourite roosters player when in our colours, but since retirement he’s shown himself to be a ducking horrid human being (starting with the admission he abandoned and doesn’t recognise his own son). Far worse than the passes into row H I used to bag Pearce and finch for

Comment

Originally posted by Big Poppa Pump View Post
                              Anasta copped heaps and deservedly so.

Finch - FOFF.
                              Didnt you coin that phrase Pump?
                              Exonerate the West Memphis Three - www.wm3.org

Comment

Originally posted by Vasco View Post
                                Johnny Tobin used to call Freddie "Shittler".

That was up there.
                                In 2001 it was justified. He even said in his book he was garbage that year.

Changed my tune the next season - big time.

Comment

Working...
                                X