Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many of our legends copped it from us over the years!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roosterfarian View Post

Didnt you coin that phrase Pump?
    Nah mun, that was Chook.
    Loved by few, hated by many, respected by all.

Comment

My biggest about face was Moneybags Morley to naming my son after him.

Comment

Dig up any of my player ratings from 2001 and you will get a bunch of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Roosterfarian View Post

Didnt you coin that phrase Pump?
          Nah it was the original Chook on here he was president and I vice president
          Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

wonder how often players look at the 'pen. some/most wouldn't look at all. they wouldn't talk about the 'pen much but they probably have some collective opinion about it, even if it's advice to newcomers to take the comments with a pinch of salt

Comment

Originally posted by mattyh View Post
              sliding doors moments in league

the penrith 92 tragedy ...end of brandy
              bulldogs ...letting jt slip through their fingers ...then sbw
              cowboys ...letting kalyn ponga go for lachlan coote
              seibold telling s walker nah son , your a fullback ...
              Add to that Dr Peponis offering Ricky Stuart a Reserve grade halfback the Bulldogs didn't need in 2002 and him saying, `I've coached that Thurston, he's too small. He'll never make it in first grade.'

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny73 View Post

Add to that Dr Peponis offering Ricky Stuart a Reserve grade halfback the Bulldogs didn't need in 2002 and him saying, `I've coached that Thurston, he's too small. He'll never make it in first grade.'
                Thats not the reason we were going to sign him and wanted him but he was a load of trouble back then plus the coffs harbour thing was hanging around. I put it to a particular Rooster bloke at the time that we should get him ..his reply oh god no.
                Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Originally posted by The Brain View Post

Thats not the reason we were going to sign him and wanted him but he was a load of trouble back then plus the coffs harbour thing was hanging around. I put it to a particular Rooster bloke at the time that we should get him ..his reply oh god no.
                  It would have meant putting a centrebet outlet in the SFS but it would have been worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny73 View Post

That's right up there with the bloke who told Jennifer Aniston that Friends would do nothing for her acting career and the bloke who told David Bowie to go get a real job as you'll never amount to anything in the music industry.
                    "It's these little things, they can pull you under
                    Live your life filled with joy and wonder"

Comment

Originally posted by redwhiteblue View Post

That's right up there with the bloke who told Jennifer Aniston that Friends would do nothing for her acting career and the bloke who told David Bowie to go get a real job as you'll never amount to anything in the music industry.
                      With Friends weren't the actors getting paid 1 Million an episode ?

Lots of those in the Music Industry -Dick Rowe in not signing the Beatles "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr. Epstein" he signed Brian Poole and Tremeloes instead

Funnily enough Rowe was judging a talent quest with George Harrison who told him about a group in London the Beatles had become friendly with and that he should sign them - After the talent Quest Rowe drove the 8 or so hours to London and signed this group Harrison was recommending virtually sight unseen - that Group The Rolling Stones

Last edited by King Salvo; 05-20-2021, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Add to that Dick Rowe from Decca who said "Guitar bands are on their way out Mr Epstein. I think you should stick with the family business."
                        "Believe in yourself, especially when no one else will."

Sasquatch

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

With Friends weren't the actors getting paid 1 Million an episode ?

Lots of those in the Music Industry -Dick Rowe in not signing the Beatles "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr. Epstein" he signed Brian Poole and Tremeloes instead

Funnily enough Rowe was judging a talent quest with George Harrison who told him about a group in London the Beatles had become friendly with and that he should sign them - After the talent Quest he drove the 8 or so hours to London and signed this group Harrison was recommending virtually sign unseen - that Group The Rolling Stones

Haha you beat me to it Mr Salvo.

Sasquatch

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Suede Schubert View Post

Add to that Dick Rowe from Decca who said "Guitar bands are on their way out Mr Epstein. I think you should stick with the family business."
                            Film director to Judi Dench: "I don't think you should consider a career in films. Your face is all wrong"

I wonder how many other footballers are out there who really could have made first grade if only they had had the right person spot them at the right time. It happens in all walks of life. All it takes is a bit of encouragement from the right people.
                            "It's these little things, they can pull you under
                            Live your life filled with joy and wonder"

Comment

Film director to Judi Dench: "I don't think you should consider a career in films. Your face is all wrong"

I wonder how many other footballers are out there who really could have made first grade if only they had had the right person spot them at the right time. It happens in all walks of life. All it takes is a bit of encouragement from the right people.
                              Yes I am sure there are countless examples that we will never know about where the so called experts and know it alls were totally wrong.

Sasquatch

Comment

Working...
                              X