No announcement yet.

Suaalli to debut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He looked sharp. I’m very happy with the effort.
    Making Steve Naughton look like Vince Mellars...

Comment

He had some nice touches, solid start to his career. Couldn’t have expected much else.

Comment

Didn't want to start a new thread but has anyone else noticed how good this kid is in defence? Usally these hyped up kids will show something in attack, but the defence can take years (Hello Joey) but Suaalli has a fantastic defensive technique but above all it is a strong indicator of his attitude. This coupled with not being afraid to take some tough hit ups out of our own half convinces me above anything else that he is someone special.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dog View Post

I didn't see him monster anyone tonight. In fact he looked well out of his depth.
          LoL
          LoL
          LoL!!!!!!!!

I love it when a souths supporter comes on here an talks shttttt!!!

Fckn blind cunnnnntttttt!!!!!!

Didn't have your spec- saver glasses on maybe or just a salty souths fan getting jealous????!

Comment

Originally posted by Cockadoodledoo View Post
            Didn't want to start a new thread but has anyone else noticed how good this kid is in defence? Usally these hyped up kids will show something in attack, but the defence can take years (Hello Joey) but Suaalli has a fantastic defensive technique but above all it is a strong indicator of his attitude. This coupled with not being afraid to take some tough hit ups out of our own half convinces me above anything else that he is someone special.
            Great post mate. It’s just about been my favourite thing about watching him play. He really surges into contact. You can tell he has incredible technique but I’d hazard a guess Fitzy has really drilled into him that skill of holding a good body position when checking a lead and then hunting hard at that inside hip of the second man. He just dominates the attacker if the ball player passes fractionally early. I hope they persist with Joey at 6 just so we can keep watching Suaalii in the centres. He’ll build into his attacking game as he gets used to the players around him, but boy what a base he’s coming from.

Comment

Originally posted by tloos1999 View Post

Crowe, is that you? What an embarrassing comment from a supposed Rooster supporter about a 17 year old. 11 runs for 110+ metres, 4 linebreaks and what should have been a try assist had there been support. “Biggest failure of a debut”. I simply laugh at the complete stupidity this comment poses. He was one of the better players in a side that had several senior players lose the plot. You probably also bagged Tedesco and Cronk in 2018 and still think Robinson is overrated as a coach. They should have an automatic ban button for people like you who don’t even put up an argument or explanation, and simply just bag a 17 year old because you feel like it
              big dog SMALL DOG / souths fan!!!!!

You piece of shttttt! Keep talking jealous prick

Comment

Throw the kid an opportunity to play first grade, and he comes up with performances like that .
                Good against the Broncos. Composed against the Raiders , and one of the best in our team on the night.
                The Roosters are looking good, and are building to go deep into the semi final games this year.

Comment

He showed glimpses of class against the Raiders. lol@souffs for farking that up.

Comment

Originally posted by Yak View Post

Great post mate. It’s just about been my favourite thing about watching him play. He really surges into contact. You can tell he has incredible technique but I’d hazard a guess Fitzy has really drilled into him that skill of holding a good body position when checking a lead and then hunting hard at that inside hip of the second man. He just dominates the attacker if the ball player passes fractionally early. I hope they persist with Joey at 6 just so we can keep watching Suaalii in the centres. He’ll build into his attacking game as he gets used to the players around him, but boy what a base he’s coming from.
                    Fantastic insight into defensive techniques Yak and a big reason I've been pushing to play Joey at 6 where his big frame is suited against edge backrowers and Suaalii has a better technique at centre.
                    We've been shredded in defence over the last two seasons since Cronk retired by the better sides, we have to find a way to stop left edge attacks if we hope to compete in the big matches.
                    ​​​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnny Brass View Post

Fantastic insight into defensive techniques Yak and a big reason I've been pushing to play Joey at 6 where his big frame is suited against edge backrowers and Suaalii has a better technique at centre.
                      We've been shredded in defence over the last two seasons since Cronk retired by the better sides, we have to find a way to stop left edge attacks if we hope to compete in the big matches.
                      ​​​​​​
                      Agree Brassy. Souffs in particular seem to target Keary all night with their big boppas running at him almost every play.

Comment

• I'm liking the fact that Suaallii is warming into the position rather than bursting onto the scene. Helps with expectations/pressure etc.

Both Bennett and Robbo saw something in him so he must have some ability.

Comment

Working...
                        X