No announcement yet.

Iceman to the Sharks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didn't Fitzy come out and say there is a gentlemens agreement between him and robbo surrounding the recruitment of our players?

Obviously can't keep them all but hopefully doesn't turn into the Matt Burton/Penriff type thing

Comment

In the presser he did on Tuesday he said off contract players was different.

Comment

I would hate to lose Liu, but he will get good offers because he is consistent and hard working. I hope we can keep him.

Comment

Yes it would be unreasonable to think that Fitzy couldn’t recruit the one we have not renewed or told they could test the market.

I think we we can safely assume anyone that Fitzy recruits in the next couple of years from the chooks has the okay by the chooks.

Cant keep em all unfortunately- love the consistency of Isaac - never puts in a poor performance.

Comment

Liu would not be on huge money with us ( presumably) so if a big offer comes his way I doubt the roosters will stand in his way and will more than likely encourage him to get the huge payout he deserves after many years of great and loyal service.
            As much as I’d hate to lose him, but we do have a couple of youngsters who wouldn’t demand a high $$$ contract , and we’re renowned for balancing our cap to fit our needs .

Comment

Originally posted by NorfolkStreetKid View Post
              I would hate to lose Liu, but he will get good offers because he is consistent and hard working. I hope we can keep him.
              He's one of our best forwards. He should be one of the first players we sign.
              Let him go...down the drain will go our premiership chances.

Letting him going would be sheer lunacy.
              What's going on...we let Tetevano go, and look what happened.
              Let Liu go the same thing will happen.

The little older lady who sits in the recliner just discovered this...and is shaking her head in disbelief at such a foolish decision.
              Last edited by bondi.boy; 05-21-2021, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Would be very sad to lose Ice, but is inevitable that we would lose some of our star studded team.

Comment

Originally posted by RoosterChick View Post
                  There’s a rumour doing the rounds on Facebook that we are losing Iceman to the Sharks. Has anyone here got any info as to whether this is true or not?
                  A rumour on facebook you say? Sounds legit

Comment

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post

He's one of our best forwards. He should be one of the first players we sign.
                    Let him go...down the drain will go our premiership chances.

Letting him going would be sheer lunacy.
                    What's going on...we let Tetevano go, and look what happened.
                    Let Liu go the same thing will happen.

The little older lady who sits in the recliner just discovered this...and is shaking her head in disbelief at such a foolish decision.
                    Love your loyalty and love of our players BB but we could take out Isaacs name and replace with any other name and you would say something similar - we can’t keep em all mate - cap management is and has been the key to our success over the last 10 years - unfortunately we have to let some go and replace with younger cheaper versions .

Comment

Originally posted by OMR View Post
                      Liu would not be on huge money with us ( presumably) so if a big offer comes his way I doubt the roosters will stand in his way and will more than likely encourage him to get the huge payout he deserves after many years of great and loyal service.
                      As much as I’d hate to lose him, but we do have a couple of youngsters who wouldn’t demand a high $$$ contract , and we’re renowned for balancing our cap to fit our needs .
                      Yep I agree.

Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Balancing the books is what makes our club stand out. Even with all the sombrero bullshit.

Ice just turned 30, so cannot begrudge him a decent last paycheck/contract. Has been epic for us this year. Don't want to lose him, but can understand if he is offered overs by other clubs and does leave.

Comment

Why would he leave ? He’s almost played 200 games for us now. Can finish around 250 games if he stays injury free and plays a few more years.

Comment

Originally posted by crikey chris View Post
                            Balancing the books is what makes our club stand out. Even with all the sombrero bullshit.

Ice just turned 30, so cannot begrudge him a decent last paycheck/contract. Has been epic for us this year. Don't want to lose him, but can understand if he is offered overs by other clubs and does leave.
                            I believe age is the issue. We have Cordner 29, SST 29, Ice 30, JWH 32, and in a period where the game is becoming all about fitness. It would be a losing strategy to retain them all until retirement, and then replace them all in quick succession.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lip View Post
                              Yes it would be unreasonable to think that Fitzy couldn’t recruit the one we have not renewed or told they could test the market.

I think we we can safely assume anyone that Fitzy recruits in the next couple of years from the chooks has the okay by the chooks.

Cant keep em all unfortunately- love the consistency of Isaac - never puts in a poor performance.
                              Completely agree. I love Liu as a player, but he is 30 now, and if this is a chance for him to cash out by getting overs at a desperate club then good luck to him. And all the better if it's with Fitzy.

Comment

Love Liu.
                                Arguably our most versatile forward and very underrated imo.

But apart from Friend, depending how Cordner returns and who knows what the Moz boys will do, we aren't losing many.
                                Walker has been upgraded. We have to plan for Suaalii after next year if he becomes a super star. We have to try and keep Crichton and Manu as well.

Liu wouldn't be on a huge contract and if he can get one at the gummies for a few years to help his retirement fund then unfortunately he is probably one who we can't keep.

Comment

Working...
                                X