Iceman to the Sharks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Lip View Post

Love your loyalty and love of our players BB but we could take out Isaacs name and replace with any other name and you would say something similar - we can’t keep em all mate - cap management is and has been the key to our success over the last 10 years - unfortunately we have to let some go and replace with younger cheaper versions .
    All very nice, but I don't see any younger cheaper versions up to winning us a premiership next year.
    We're already a big prop short...we can't afford to let Liu go.
    B Moz retired, Friend retired...there must be money to pay Liu more.
    Cordner is "iffy", one more knock-out and he'll be retiring too.
    Sell off all the oldies, and we'll be back to "16 yr olds versus the men" like when Russell Fairfax was coach...and we got slaughtered most games.

Let Fitzy take all our good players...he wins the comp and we run "last". lol
    Noice!
    Sponsors will just looove that.
    Last edited by bondi.boy; 05-21-2021, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post

All very nice, but I don't see any younger cheaper versions up to winning us a premiership next year.

Noice!
      Friends and B Morris were only signed for this year 2021 though and i would assume that money has already been allocated to sign/extend other players for 2022 onwards. - Hard to find anything anywhere about Roosters signing or negotiations which i am sure would be happening.

Comment

I once read on farcebook that there was a rumour that Charlize Theron was moving to Australia and looking for a 40+ fat public servant to marry.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny73 View Post
          I once read on farcebook that there was a rumour that Charlize Theron was moving to Australia and looking for a 40+ fat public servant to marry.
          I am not a public servant, but hoping I am still in with a chance.

Comment

So the Iceman cometh?

Or maybe in this case goeth..

Comment

Egan Butcher is not Isaac Liu.
              Liu gets first go at the money, and first grade...IMO

Last edited by bondi.boy; 05-21-2021, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Noooooooooo not Liu

Comment

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post

Sell off all the oldies, and we'll be back to "16 yr olds versus the men" like when Russell Fairfax was coach...and we got slaughtered most games.

Noice!
                  Sponsors will just looove that.
                  I think it’s more that we are paying Isaac 400(actually I don’t know the amount but it’s irrelevant) and the Sharks or who ever can pay him 600 - because they have to - they can’t attract top line talent so they have to pay top dollar for the next rung down. We can only have the team we have by paying Isaac or whoever plays in his position - which is what fourth most important middle - 400 - so we have to take a punt on Fletcher Baker, N. Whyte, Tuku H T and we can sign all of them for the price the Sharks would pay Isaac. If we don’t do this - we how do we keep JWH, SST, Lindsay and Victor?

It it makes sense BB you have to see that. We have to recycle - and really we have to let Isaac get paid 50% more than we can pay him.

Hypothetical example anyway - I have no idea if it’s got legs or not - but it wouldn’t surprise me if any club would want Isaac. I don’t want us to lose him either but unfortunately that’s the way it goes and everyone can win out of it.

Comment

Every club needs it’s toiler. Won’t break the bank and you always know what you are going to get from him.

Comment

I imagine if true (being a FB rumour) it would be part of succession planning!
                      The aging guys will slowly retire or have to make room for gen next!
                      Isaac would be seen more as a prop now, with Collins established and Fafita coming through with Baker.

At full strength Fifita slides out but his time is coming I suspect!

But they may be looking at a Tapine or there likes … footy behind him and a bit more in front!

One things with Liu is he is tough! Can remember him being off the park for a long period!

Comment

he's playing great. hope we can keep for another few years yet

Comment

I heard Fitzy was looking at taking a couple of these guys DSF, Tuku, Baker & Whyte but it was Robbo who suggested he look at Isacc.

Comment

Isaac has been a fantastic servant for the club, no one would begrudge him a decent top up to his super with the sharks at the backend of his career.
                            There's no way could we or should we try to match a 3 year contract.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Brass View Post
                              Isaac has been a fantastic servant for the club, no one would begrudge him a decent top up to his super with the sharks at the backend of his career.
                              There's no way could we or should we try to match a 3 year contract.
                              Why not?

Comment

Originally posted by The Lip View Post

I think it’s more that we are paying Isaac 400(actually I don’t know the amount but it’s irrelevant) and the Sharks or who ever can pay him 600 - because they have to - they can’t attract top line talent so they have to pay top dollar for the next rung down. We can only have the team we have by paying Isaac or whoever plays in his position - which is what fourth most important middle - 400 - so we have to take a punt on Fletcher Baker, N. Whyte, Tuku H T and we can sign all of them for the price the Sharks would pay Isaac. If we don’t do this - we how do we keep JWH, SST, Lindsay and Victor?

It it makes sense BB you have to see that. We have to recycle - and really we have to let Isaac get paid 50% more than we can pay him.

Hypothetical example anyway - I have no idea if it’s got legs or not - but it wouldn’t surprise me if any club would want Isaac. I don’t want us to lose him either but unfortunately that’s the way it goes and everyone can win out of it.
                                Let Hutch or someone on $150 go.
                                Liu's 400 then becomes 550.
                                Another 50 could be saved somewhere, backend a contract.
                                There's the 600.
                                We need Liu if we want to seriously try to win next season.
                                If we have a 4 year plan to win another title then let Liu go...and we finish down the ladder until then.
                                If Fitzy intends to decimate our club, then move him on NOW.
                                Show him the door now.

Comment

Working...
                                X