X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post

Let Hutch or someone on $150 go.
    Liu's 400 then becomes 550.
    Another 50 could be saved somewhere, backend a contract.
    There's the 600.
    We need Liu if we want to seriously try to win next season.
    If we have a 4 year plan to win another title then let Liu go...and we finish down the ladder until then.
    If Fitzy intends to decimate our club, then move him on NOW.
    Show him the door now.
    You think Liu is worth $600K at 30 years of age with the risk of losing a young gun like Baker or DSF who both combined would be far less than $600K?

You also think that losing Liu would put us at the bottom of the ladder?

Comment

Why not?
      Because when we are at full strength he is a bench middle for us and as good as he has been for us a club can't spend that much on a 30 minute player on the wrong side of 30 years of age.
      He would start at the sharks and punch out 55 minutes and with his footwork and passing before the line be a great pick up for them.

Comment

Sh*t , what are we going to do if we lose Ice, and Cords is unable to carry on in 2022?

Comment

Originally posted by roostermcgregor View Post
          Sh*t , what are we going to do if we lose Ice, and Cords is unable to carry on in 2022?
          Tough right... coz you can't sign replacements for such players. Their experience with our systems is very important.

Dunno who Fitzy's gonna sign! He reckons he has ~4 million worth of decisions to make. Once upon a time... Woods, Duges, Moylan, Graham, Tolman, Chambers and Townsend woulda been dream team material. Now? I'd be thinking your job is to sack 'em all and find replacements who are worth the $$$ the Sharks have paid, but on the field.

IMO it's a tough gig as there isn't all that much talent out there. He's already missed Reynolds so what. He's gotta find:
          - Two halves
          - Two centres
          - Three forwards

The positives are that:
          - While the 2 rep FBs they signed (one of whom has been used as a 'half' because he failed at FB) have failed, a random (Kennedy) has come good.
          - Pele and Ronaldo are good soccer players
          - Yeah I've got nothing...
          Last edited by ism22; 05-22-2021, 09:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Brass View Post

Because when we are at full strength he is a bench middle for us and as good as he has been for us a club can't spend that much on a 30 minute player on the wrong side of 30 years of age.
            He would start at the sharks and punch out 55 minutes and with his footwork and passing before the line be a great pick up for them.
            But what a top notch, tough, experienced 30 minutes.

If we are serious about trying to win a premiership we must keep him...and big Baker.
            Last edited by bondi.boy; 05-22-2021, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Let Hutch or someone on $150 go.
              Liu's 400 then becomes 550.
              Another 50 could be saved somewhere, backend a contract.
              There's the 600.
              We need Liu if we want to seriously try to win next season.
              If we have a 4 year plan to win another title then let Liu go...and we finish down the ladder until then.
              If Fitzy intends to decimate our club, then move him on NOW.
              Show him the door now.
              Now Fitz is trying to decimate our club - chicken little

Comment

Originally posted by BUDDY View Post

You think Liu is worth $600K at 30 years of age with the risk of losing a young gun like Baker or DSF who both combined would be far less than $600K?

You also think that losing Liu would put us at the bottom of the ladder?
                Not the bottom, but not the top either.
                Liu is top shelf...you don't let top shelf players go.

Comment

Originally posted by roostermcgregor View Post
                  Exactly why we must keep Liu.

Comment

i love ice, as ive stated many times. id prefer to keep him, but not at the expense of an up and comer

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

Tough right... coz you can't sign replacements for such players. Their experience with our systems is very important.

Dunno who Fitzy's gonna sign! He reckons he has ~4 million worth of decisions to make. Once upon a time... Woods, Duges, Moylan, Graham, Tolman, Chambers and Townsend woulda been dream team material. Now? I'd be thinking your job is to sack 'em all and find replacements who are worth the $$$ the Sharks have paid, but on the field.

IMO it's a tough gig as there isn't all that much talent out there. He's already missed Reynolds so what. He's gotta find:
                      - Two halves
                      - Two centres
                      - Three forwards

The positives are that:
                      - While the 2 rep FBs they signed (one of whom has been used as a 'half' because he failed at FB) have failed, a random (Kennedy) has come good.
                      - Pele and Ronaldo are good soccer players
                      - Yeah I've got nothing...
                      Who cares how many players he needs to sign.
                      He signed for the big bucks...now he has to coach the team.
                      Talk on this forum is that he intends to take 4 or 5 of our best young players, and possibly Liu. Looks like decimation to me.

Comment

Exactly why we must keep Liu.
                        i'd be happy signing him for another 3 years

Comment

I dont think his age needs to come into consideration. He is still going strong and at 30 he could still play his best football for another season or 3. He averages about 2 mistakes a year , I'd like him to stay

Comment

Working...
                          X