Is Rugby League as a spectacle ruined?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
    I agree with the crackdown but some of the ones sent to the bin are ridiculous
    In that case you are not agreeing with the crackdown, you are agreeing with the sentiment. The crackdown is an incredibly poorly timed idea, with ridiculous implementation. The whole thing is akin to telling pilots, half way through their flights, that all runway landings must be now performed in reverse. It may be a good idea, but the clowns with their fingers on the trigger couldn't organise a root in a brothel.
    Last edited by MCMLXVI; 05-22-2021, 11:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by easts4eva View Post
      The irony is, is their inactivity to respond properly to infractions against out players bought this to a head. Now we cop the shit full force.
      I have also said as much, we're seeing the rort every week now, I hate to say it but I know I'm actually desensitized to it a little bit (contrary to my posts lol) and that pisses me off.

Comment

If any of you become so desensitized to this rubbish that you just accept it, it’s time to leave the game. That’s my plan. It is unlikely that I will remain a rugby league supporter beyond the next month or two. I have little faith in this crap being resolved, and if that’s the case, rather than accept it, I’d rather go. They can have it. I’ll find something else to do.

Comment

Tonight's game was a farce. I suppose that's a spectacle of sorts. But it isn't something I could watch every week

Comment

Politis has to get involved.
            He's the only man with more power than V'landys

Comment

the issue now is they've dug themselves so deep that they cant go back on any decisions. i understand the need to protect the head, but this is over the top with the policing, fans want less ref involvement not more.

if they tell the refs to chill out the media will have a field day slaughtering them saying they dont care about player welfare, the bastards in charge of the game will never do anything like that.

all would rather destroy the game by saying they are trying to save it to make themselves look good. vlandys has no idea about footy, i doubt cares that much about the game in general, just wants to make himself look like a saviour so he can go on to his next big job and keep his career going.

players like radley are what makes this game special, and the way theyre going they wont be around for much longer. this could be the beginning of the end.

being in nz i used to be a big union fan as well, but the reffing is what switched me off, i barely watch a game these days. now its happening here too.

Comment

Originally posted by BenCumminsIsACheat View Post
                Maybe V’landys was right for once when he said the game won’t be around in 15 years. There will be no fans left to watch this dead game
                Thanks to that phukka himself!
                FVCK CANCER

Comment

I am hoping the entire SOO series is ruined with send offs and suspensions and people don't bother watching. Let Peter V'lakas understand that he is the biggest threat to Rugby League.

Comment

Originally posted by RoosterFanNZ View Post
                    the issue now is they've dug themselves so deep that they cant go back on any decisions. i understand the need to protect the head, but this is over the top with the policing, fans want less ref involvement not more.

if they tell the refs to chill out the media will have a field day slaughtering them saying they dont care about player welfare, the bastards in charge of the game will never do anything like that.

all would rather destroy the game by saying they are trying to save it to make themselves look good. vlandys has no idea about footy, i doubt cares that much about the game in general, just wants to make himself look like a saviour so he can go on to his next big job and keep his career going.

players like radley are what makes this game special, and the way theyre going they wont be around for much longer. this could be the beginning of the end.

being in nz i used to be a big union fan as well, but the reffing is what switched me off, i barely watch a game these days. now its happening here too.
                    I wouldn’t blame Rads if he just said ‘fark it’ and walked away. Guy has spent his whole life learning and perfecting a style of play very few players can emulate and then this shyt comes along and basically rubs him out along with the fans that love to watch such players.

Feel really sorry for him. And on another note, I don’t thunk any of his shots tonight warranted a binning. Good hard footy players, even those on the end of those shots, resepect them.
                    FVCK CANCER

Comment

Tonight's game was all our fault, as much as I hate the crackdown.

Brisbane opportunistically tried to milk head knock penalties at every turn and sent their thugs right at Walker all night. It upset our rhythm as we went int with an arrogant attitude, where we were expecting to put 50 on them.

They did their research on us and came up with the lollies. Doesn't mean the new rules are farked and made the game shyte though. We simply played like shyte.

Comment

I’ll say it quietly because it’s embarrassing but I might start going to Swans games. Don’t care if we lose but the spectacle tonight was unwatchable, left the ground tonight with no excitement in returning

Comment

The whole thing needs to be assessed properly, in a cool, calm and collected fashion during the off season with top rugby league and other minds, as Robbo said. There is no time and place for knee jerk reactions, even though I am all for what the NRL is trying to do in principle. Robbo was right on NRL 360 last week, yet again.
                          MRR or Rabid

Some people believe supporting the Roosters
                          is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed
                          with that attitude. I can assure you it is
                          much, much more important than that.

(1981 Bill Shankly quote variation)

Comment

Originally posted by rented tracksuit View Post

I wouldn’t blame Rads if he just said ‘fark it’ and walked away. Guy has spent his whole life learning and perfecting a style of play very few players can emulate and then this shyt comes along and basically rubs him out along with the fans that love to watch such players.

Feel really sorry for him. And on another note, I don’t thunk any of his shots tonight warranted a binning. Good hard footy players, even those on the end of those shots, resepect them.
                            No true footy fan would mind the Broncos game plan to have their second rower try and trample our halfback.

But our enforcing lock can't send a message?! That's actually part of the game!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RoosterBooster View Post
                              I’ll say it quietly because it’s embarrassing but I might start going to Swans games. Don’t care if we lose but the spectacle tonight was unwatchable, left the ground tonight with no excitement in returning
                              You will all be back next year when our team looks like this:
                              Teddy
                              Toups
                              Suaalii
                              Manu
                              Smith
                              Keary
                              Walker
                              Rads
                              Cordner
                              Crichton
                              Collins
                              Verrills
                              SST

JWH
                              Liu
                              Butcher
                              Baker
                              DSF
                              Benny
                              Freddy
                              Butcher
                              Tapine

Comment

Not sure why people don't understand that they are enforcing the current rules on the field not just putting it on report and leaving it up to the MRC and Judiciary as they used to do. The sin bin and send off has always been an option for the match officials to use for foul play and misconduct.

After the Parra game many where saying the Parra players should have sin binned or even sent off and foul play/misconduct should be dealt with on the field - now that this is happening that way the same people are saying it shouldn't be happening.

Radley played dumb really dumb vs Bronco's - 4 reports and 2 sin bins - If Big Jack Gibson was the coach and Radley returned from suspension he would be playing reggies until he changed his ways- big on discipline was BJG -hated losing games through poor discipline and errors

Comment

Working...
                                X