Is Rugby League as a spectacle ruined?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mad_Rabid_Rooster View Post
    The whole thing needs to be assessed properly, in a cool, calm and collected fashion during the off season with top rugby league and other minds, as Robbo said. There is no time and place for knee jerk reactions, even though I am all for what the NRL is trying to do in principle. Robbo was right on NRL 360 last week, yet again.
    Robbo should be more worried about the ill discipline of his players and individual and team performance - again poor set completions /errors/ ill discipline results in a loss - reporters should have asked him if he considered not sending Radley back on after the second sin bin as he was placed on report another 2 times after that.

Radley's performance was dumb as simple as that and he should have a stint in reggies when he returns from suspension- cannot afford ill disciplined players in your team - he has to learn to control his aggression and not make it personal with opposition players as he did vs Bronco's

Radley's 4 reports for high tackles/dangerous contact on the following Bronco players

Kelly - on report and sin binned
    Pangai Jnr- on report and sin binned
    Isaaka- on report
    Coates - on report

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

Robbo should be more worried about the ill discipline of his players and individual and team performance - again poor set completions /errors/ ill discipline results in a loss - reporters should have asked him if he considered not sending Radley back on after the second sin bin as he was placed on report another 2 times after that.

Radley's performance was dumb as simple as that and he should have a stint in reggies when he returns from suspension- cannot afford ill disciplined players in your team - he has to learn to control his aggression and not make it personal with opposition players as he did vs Bronco's

Radley's 4 reports for high tackles/dangerous contact on the following Bronco players

Kelly - on report and sin binned
      Pangai Jnr- on report and sin binned
      Isaaka- on report
      Coates - on report
      Dude, I did not see the second half but I did see Radley's first binning - that was some rank BS by the bunker right there - Rads hit him hard and legally - not even any contact with the head. As pointed out elsewhere on this forum, Walker was targeted big time by Groncos but our enforcer was denied a chance to legally make a statement.

Starting to agree with the doubters of the current administration.

Comment

The game has been ruined I dont see myself watching too much Rugby League in tv let alone going to a game whilst these new rules remain.
        We used to have empires run by emperors. Then we had kingdoms run by kings.
        Now we have countries run by ………

Comment

The game is fkd.
          the speed of the game and the changing of direction of ball runners means there will always be misguided tackles , resulting in penaltys and sin bins.
          5 in the bin needs to make a comeback , 20 minutes without radley for taking on tpj cost us the game.
          Those types of battles between 2 enforcers are what gets the fans through the gates

what a joke the nrl has become
          Last edited by Bondicigar; 05-23-2021, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by stringaz View Post

No true footy fan would mind the Broncos game plan to have their second rower try and trample our halfback.

But our enforcing lock can't send a message?! That's actually part of the game!!!
            Exactly what I just said elsewhere. Enforcers are no longer allowed to be effective. A good hard shot never starts around the waist. If it does, you are more than likely going get yourself knocked the fark out. They need to work out what’s deliberate and what’s incidental. It’s a contact sport. Things will happen but the game should not suffer as a result of its roots which is tough guys toughing it out against each other.
            FVCK CANCER

Comment

I echo everyone's sentiments; though I'd also like to add that players holding the back of their necks every 2nd tackle, and other players milking a high shot every third tackle with teammtes shouting "high, Sir!" is all the proof you need that Rugby League is in trouble.

Also the standard of refereeing and video refereeing is just diabolical. Those missed forward passes were a disgrace.

We seem to cop the raw end of the stick every farking week now in woeful stop-start affairs.

A great game of Rugby League is a war of attrition where you don't notice the referees. But currently the ONLY thing I notice is the referees.

It's totally unwatchable and I've rarely been less emotionally involved because I can feel the game I love slipping away.
              Last edited by Tommy Smith; 05-23-2021, 09:12 AM.

Comment

The game will be ruined if the NRL stubbornly stick to these new changes..

It’s turning into a game of actors with players constantly running to the Ref and prompting them to sin bin a certain player or holding the back of the neck.

What’s worse is as a passionate supporter it feels like the enjoyment of watching your team every week is being taken over by anger and frustration due to these new rules..

Such a shame

Comment

I support the crackdown.

I don’t support the diving. It’s embarrassing and should not be rewarded. If you stay down you go for HIA. Simple as that.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
                    I support the crackdown.

I don’t support the diving. It’s embarrassing and should not be rewarded. If you stay down you go for HIA. Simple as that.
                    I was all for the crackdown; under the assumption they meant they'd start sending guys who puncture lungs and shoulder blokes to the head after they've pass the ball to the bin. THAT I understand.

But all these sin bins for minor head contact, or no head contact at all in Rad's case on Kelly, is a farce. It's led to league players diving like Neymar.

And the neck holding... the MOTHA ****ING neck holding! It drives me wild.

Comment

I support it as well. Will be watching rugby league next week, will be supporting the Roosters continually.

Comment

Agree on what they are trying to do.

But they need to get the balance right. Players actually like the confrontation and aggression, that's why they play.
                        Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
                          I support the crackdown.

And reward them with a free interchange?
                          ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

I agree with the crack down.
                            It sucks that our players are getting sent off too, I'm a one eyed Roosters support just like you all.
                            All the NRL is doing is officiating the existing rules in a tougher way. Same rules as always.
                            The argument that goes something like 'more concussions occur to the tackler' is futile. Are you trying to say the NRL should do nothing about head highs because there are other ways to get concussed? The NRL are doing what they can based on what they have control over. Tackling technique cant be driven by the NRL. It has to be driven by the clubs.
                            And the clubs wont change what works / wins games until they are made to.

Comment

Also, how good has JWH been these last two weeks. I thought he would have gone for 10 for sure!

Comment

So next round the question is “how many more sin bins, send offs and suspensions will we be facing”? Instead of looking forward to the game, I’m personally dreading it as we always get way less possession so defend a lot more meaning more chance of sin bins. So why doesn’t the NRL just make headgear mandatory if they’re that concerned? Now I will be on edge worrying about sin bins instead of being excited about possible tries. And we are supposed to pay to watch this crap? You can see the demoralising effect it’s having on players and fans have had a gut full and will walk away if this continues much longer.
                                “Soon will the present day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead”- (Baha’u’llah)

Comment

Working...
                                X