No announcement yet.

Is Rugby League as a spectacle ruined?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was stoppages really a problem? What's the point of the 6 again rule when half of the teams slow the ruck and don't consistently get pulled up for it? Rugby League has just become touch footy at this point, changing rules in the middle of the competition is laughable in any sport and would see alot of scrutiny due to poor management but not in the NRL.

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit of 66 View Post

Maybe we can get to a point where we can merge the men's and women's competitions? Wouldn't that be great!
      Some of those big girls hit like Mal Reilly.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddo Colt 61 View Post
        It's a wide ambit the head high. We could be at a moment here - no tackling above the chest would certainly obviate the less clearcut but still high and damaging contacts. It would also limit gang tackles and if this is a longitudinal program as it should be, figures will eventually emerge that will benefit coaching. The Chooks seem to be front runners early.
        The game will end up resembling Basketball

Comment

Originally posted by stringaz View Post

No true footy fan would mind the Broncos game plan to have their second rower try and trample our halfback.

But our enforcing lock can't send a message?! That's actually part of the game!!!
          Apparently not anymore.

Get the tags out.
          FVCK CANCER

Comment

No true footy fan would mind the Broncos game plan to have their second rower try and trample our halfback.

But our enforcing lock can't send a message?! That's actually part of the game!!!
            This is a very good post and sums up why the fabric of league will never be the same !!!

Comment

It was a contact sport,they train for a contact sport,now every tackle will be scrutinised, they tried to make the game faster ,now its going to slowed to boring
              the manly, parra game was a good game to watch but 6 players on report

Comment

Originally posted by dice View Post
                Let's revisit the 2010 "hit of the decade". Remember the ref, video ref, and MRC saw nothing wrong with this tackle at all. We have gone from that crap to completely OTT officiating which is destroying the game. All we needed was the bs like that video, and like what happened in the Eels' game, to be properly dealt with on-field.

Meanwhile the indirect (and possibly imagined) head contact with Radley's shoulder see him out for 4 weeks. fmd.

i've always thought that should have been a penalty. 2 pts to the roosters, game over, but we wouldn't have got one of our most exciting ever finishes

Comment

Random: Does a team as a whole have to cover more distance in defense rather than attack?

Like having to run more over the course of the game with lack of possession?

I'm just asking for a friend who did his ACL...............

Comment

Random: Does a team as a whole have to cover more distance in defense rather than attack?

Like having to run more over the course of the game with lack of possession?

I'm just asking for a friend who did his ACL...............
                    short answer yes - in attack you're only running forward but in defence you have to run forward and back

Comment

I hear a rumour that the boxing commission is trying to head-hunt V'L as H & S Director and get him to stop all punching to the head. All missed punches to the head to be rewarded with an extra point!

Comment

Andrew Jones walked out on the game Saturday night and I’m going to the Swans game this weekend to see if I like it. Thats’s the reality of what’s happening to the sport. I’m a 15 year Roosters member so a pretty dedicated fan, but it seems like PVL would prefer mum’s and kids over me

Comment

Originally posted by RoosterBooster View Post
                          Andrew Jones walked out on the game Saturday night and I’m going to the Swans game this weekend to see if I like it. Thats’s the reality of what’s happening to the sport. I’m a 15 year Roosters member so a pretty dedicated fan, but it seems like PVL would prefer mum’s and kids over me
                          I walked out 10 minutes into them second half, but you won’t see me attending any AFL games, I’d rather watch local A grade or Ron Massey cup games or go tenpin bowling

Comment

I'm a lifer. I have no choice but to watch NRL but I am disgusted by what the game is right now.

Comment

Originally posted by OMR View Post
                              I walked out 10 minutes into them second half, but you won’t see me attending any AFL games, I’d rather watch local A grade or Ron Massey cup games or go tenpin bowling
                              ism could be onto something. Mixed netball to be the next big thing?
                              FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by rented tracksuit View Post

ism could be onto something. Mixed netball to be the next big thing?
                                They have high hits and concussions in netball too - I asked ism22 about how they handle this - do players get put on report and suspended and what are the concussion protocols etc

Comment

Working...
                                X