Is Rugby League as a spectacle ruined?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dice View Post
    Let's revisit the 2010 "hit of the decade". Remember the ref, video ref, and MRC saw nothing wrong with this tackle at all. We have gone from that crap to completely OTT officiating which is destroying the game. All we needed was the bs like that video, and like what happened in the Eels' game, to be properly dealt with on-field.

Meanwhile the indirect (and possibly imagined) head contact with Radley's shoulder see him out for 4 weeks. fmd.

If you look at that tackle it should have been a penalty as it was a high tackle - shoulder hitting the head - ref's put the whistle away in the last 5 or so minutes of close games. I don't think they will be doing this now
    Last edited by King Salvo; 05-24-2021, 01:07 PM.

Comment

This crackdown combined with PVL's ridiculous steps to speed up the game has been and is a disaster. What the hell are we even watching now? You can clearly see players are confused and unhappy. The game is a product that was great and is now something else.

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

They have high hits and concussions in netball too - I asked ism22 about how they handle this - do players get put on report and suspended and what are the concussion protocols etc
        I've seen U12 say "get up biatch".

Some NRL players would be called milkers in South American soccer. At least make it look like you're hurt you bunch of soft c0cks.

I know it's not the Roosters way but FM if other teams don't want to play in the spirit that the tough sport rugby league is then we should do as the other teams do and milk it for anything we can get.

The refs are too scared to call out these milkers in case they get the call from the dictator after the game.

Comment

Originally posted by OMR View Post
          You’ve repeated this several times and you seem quite happy to point out our shortfalls, which are undeniably true, however don’t you think if the ref did his job and pulled up the forward passes by the broncos we would’ve had more possessions and we would’ve been less fatigued from making extra tackles in our 20 that eventually led to tries, which led to us kicking off giving the broncos more possession? Just a hypothetical in response to your constant criticism of our players.
          If you have high completion rates you wouldn't be handing the possession over to the opposition to increase their scoring opportunities and or increase the fatigue factor. Stats don't lie - Bronco's scored 2 intercept tries as well- that's 10 or 12 less points too if those passes weren't thrown.

Comment

Originally posted by BUDDY View Post

I've seen U12 say "get up biatch".

Some NRL players would be called milkers in South American soccer. At least make it look like you're hurt you bunch of soft c0cks.

I know it's not the Roosters way but FM if other teams don't want to play in the spirit that the tough sport rugby league is then we should do as the other teams do and milk it for anything we can get.

The refs are too scared to call out these milkers in case they get the call from the dictator after the game.
            Easy way to fix that is if a player stays down after a tackle they have to come off - and be off for a certain period of time - usually they go to the head bin - so 15 minutes - that would stop that fiasco of a player coming off for a few seconds and then going back on and teams exploiting the free interchange system.

Also the player that goes back on has to replace the interchange player used initially - i.e say Munster comes of and is replaced by Asofa - Solomona - When Munster goes back on he replaces Asofa - Solomona

Comment

If you have high completion rates you wouldn't be handing the possession over to the opposition to increase their scoring opportunities and or increase the fatigue factor. Stats don't lie - Bronco's scored 2 intercept tries as well- that's 10 or 12 less points too if those passes weren't thrown.
              You’re quite happy in stating facts to suit your argument. However the last intercept was when we’re throwing it around trying to score with a minute or 2 to score. Inconsequential.
              Now to your completed sets argument: you fail to acknowledge that their forward passes and the ref’s inaction on them and on offsides have them more possession thus tiring us out making us incur more errors. The 9/17 completion was in the second half when we had been exhausted from playing a man short for 10 minutes in the first half and another 10 minutes with 12 men early in the second half.
              I don’t expect you to understand all of these factors because it takes some brains , and judging by your posts from past years that’s something you missed out on when they were handed out. Maybe I should resort back to calling you “ queen” as you were referred to years ago which caused you to disappear from this forum for a year or so.

Comment

You’re quite happy in stating facts to suit your argument. However the last intercept was when we’re throwing it around trying to score with a minute or 2 to score. Inconsequential.
                Now to your completed sets argument: you fail to acknowledge that their forward passes and the ref’s inaction on them and on offsides have them more possession thus tiring us out making us incur more errors. The 9/17 completion was in the second half when we had been exhausted from playing a man short for 10 minutes in the first half and another 10 minutes with 12 men early in the second half.
                I don’t expect you to understand all of these factors because it takes some brains , and judging by your posts from past years that’s something you missed out on when they were handed out. Maybe I should resort back to calling you “ queen” as you were referred to years ago which caused you to disappear from this forum for a year or so.
                Surprised he didn't mention that both teams had two players sent to the sin bin. Well we had one player actually and they had two.

Comment

Yes I am quite happy stating facts - not sure how being offside and forward passes equate to more possession though - do they get extra sets for being offside and for forward passes?.

Should be able to defend with 12 players and even 11 as they train for it they say.

Pretty telling fact was the set completions though - 23/35 compared to 37/40 - if you control the ball you control field position and how and where you give the ball back to the opposition - Rugby League 101.

One always know's when someone is winning the discussion as the other person reverts to kindy name calling- Never mind the Bollocks as they say.

Next

Comment

Surprised he didn't mention that both teams had two players sent to the sin bin. Well we had one player actually and they had two.
                    Are you and OMR twins ?

Comment

Are you and OMR twins ?
                      Just reminding you of a stat that you missed.
                      You also forgot to mention the stat of forward passes picked up and forward passes which were missed but led to tries.

Comment

Yes I am quite happy stating facts - not sure how being offside and forward passes equate to more possession though - do they get extra sets for being offside and for forward passes?.

Should be able to defend with 12 players and even 11 as they train for it they say.

Pretty telling fact was the set completions though - 23/35 compared to 37/40 - if you control the ball you control field position and how and where you give the ball back to the opposition - Rugby League 101.

One always know's when someone is winning the discussion as the other person reverts to kindy name calling- Never mind the Bollocks as they say.

Next
                        Come on dude. Re-read what you have just written. Broncos scored two tries from blatant forward passes that even the commentators who wanted Broncos to win were squealing at. That is 12 points and two repeat sets, instead of two incompletions.
                        Last edited by dice; 05-24-2021, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Come on dude. Re-read what you have just written. Broncos scored two tries from blatant forward passes that even the commentators who wanted Broncos to win were squealing at. That is 12 points and two repeat sets, instead of two incompletions.
                          Still tries in the paper though - was Maloney's pass to Mini for SKD's try in the 2013 GF legit or forward ? crucial try in the scheme of it as with the conversion it put the Chooks in front 20-18 - swings and roundabouts

Comment

Just reminding you of a stat that you missed.
                            You also forgot to mention the stat of forward passes picked up and forward passes which were missed but led to tries.
                            As I mentioned above the SKD's try in 2013 GF - Sometimes you get the rub of the green and sometimes you don't.

Like in one of the Ashes test in the UK Stokes was given not out when he was clearly out but the Aussies had no reviews left and England go on and win the unwinnable test.

You could go through a stack of games where forward passes are missed and where tries were later scored and games won and lost - but the refs and touchies are only human and like players can make mistakes or be unsighted etc as they have a lot to look at in officiating a game - touchies are in the best position to see them being able to see across the field rather than being close to the ball as the ref is to see these.

NRL are proposing to trial a ball tracking system

“It’s a microchip in the ball and then there are a series of portable trackers placed around the stadium to track the ball,” Annesley said. “In theory, it can determine when the ball leaves the players’ hands, whether the initial movement of the ball is backwards or forwards.

“That’s bearing in mind that the ball can float forward due to the velocity of the ball. They claim it’s accurate enough to determine whether that initial instant the ball leaves the hands is in a backwards direction.

“We are looking to trial it this season.”

If successful, the technology has the capacity to take pressure off referees, who have been instructed to be more diligent in acting on incidents of foul play.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl...19-p57tbr.html
                            Last edited by King Salvo; 05-24-2021, 08:52 PM.

Comment

Still tries in the paper though - was Maloney's pass to Mini for SKD's try in the 2013 GF legit or forward ? crucial try in the scheme of it as with the conversion it put the Chooks in front 20-18 - swings and roundabouts
                              Deflecting.

You said you couldn't see how the forward passes had anything to do with possession. I am explaining it to you. Two repeat sets instead of two incompletions. 37/40 instead of 33/38.
                              Last edited by dice; 05-24-2021, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Deflecting.

You said you couldn't see how the forward passes had anything to do with possession. I am explaining it to you. Two repeat sets instead of two incompletions. 37/40 instead of 33/38.
                                If that was ruled a no try as it was a forward pass Manly could well have gone onto to win that GF in 2013.

You have to look at holistically though and not cherry pick and only highlight the forward passes that go against the Chooks and not acknowledge ones that favour the Chooks such as Maloney's pass to Mini which resulted in SKD's try I mentioned. - You could see the Manly players putting their arms up and looking at the ref asking how did you miss that you forward pass !!!!!

I don't think Robbo was blowing up or blaming that for the loss though as that would be really clutching at straws.

And it could have been 23/37 instead of 23/35 for the Chooks as the extra 2 sets would most likely have been 2 incomplete sets.
                                Last edited by King Salvo; 05-24-2021, 09:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X