No announcement yet.

At least we're not Souffs...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As silly as I may sound, I still had hope for the roosters to win it until this silly over the top crackdown started.

Comment

Penrith are a young side. Full of energy and confidence. They are been very lucky as far as injuries go but that’s got a lot to do with being young and flexible. Imagine where they would be on the ladder if they had our injury count. Because they haven’t had injuries and only a couple of short suspensions they are fielding the same 17 most weeks. Therefore they have rhythm and cohesion. A few injuries to key players and they would fall from the top quick smart. Maybe it’s their year. Time will tell.
      If I had to choose between them, the Storm, Parra or the Rabbits to win the premiership, I would probably choose them or Parra. I still think the biggest threat to them is the Storm. I would love to think we could still get there but things are not falling into place for us. Too many major injuries to our key players.

Comment

Originally posted by RoosterChick View Post
        Penrith are a young side. Full of energy and confidence. They are been very lucky as far as injuries go but that’s got a lot to do with being young and flexible. Imagine where they would be on the ladder if they had our injury count. Because they haven’t had injuries and only a couple of short suspensions they are fielding the same 17 most weeks. Therefore they have rhythm and cohesion. A few injuries to key players and they would fall from the top quick smart. Maybe it’s their year. Time will tell.
        If I had to choose between them, the Storm, Parra or the Rabbits to win the premiership, I would probably choose them or Parra. I still think the biggest threat to them is the Storm. I would love to think we could still get there but things are not falling into place for us. Too many major injuries to our key players.
        They must have very good training techniques and the right people on their staff to keep them in great condition.

There is nothing at Parra that I can see that makes them any sort of threat to the storm or panthers.

Comment

If we make the 8 we'll be doing well given the truckload of mistakes we make at the beginning of every game.
          Same story against the Broncos.
          "Here, have another turn with the ball."

Comment

The more Penrith win the more hilarious that one blip on the record becomes.... 28 wins from 29 games. The one loss? A flogging in a GF

If they face a full strength Storm outfit in a GF, with Grant & NAS coming off the bench, I still think they are clear favourites with Bellamy in charge.

Imagine a run of 44 wins from 46 games; with the two defeats being GFs. They'd be a laughing stock for decades.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
              The more Penrith win the more hilarious that one blip on the record becomes.... 28 wins from 29 games. The one loss? A flogging in a GF

If they face a full strength Storm outfit in a GF, with Grant & NAS coming off the bench, I still think they are clear favourites with Bellamy in charge.

Imagine a run of 44 wins from 46 games; with the two defeats being GFs. They'd be a laughing stock for decades.
              As much as that would butter my toast, I would rather keep our special achievement clear of the strom.

Comment

Originally posted by OMR View Post
                As silly as I may sound, I still had hope for the roosters to win it until this silly over the top crackdown started.
                as silly as i may sound the crackdown could increase our chances of doing well. it brings more unpredictability into results and all things being equal that penalises the top teams. 13 on 13 they're more likely to win but if nas gets one wrong and gets sent off or if cleary gets caught off balance, hits someone high and goes to the bin for 10 it could make things interesting.

too early to worry about finals at this stage but if we can adjust to the new interpretations we could get lucky in the big games. but atm, like every season, it's one game at a time

Comment

See how Penrith go at Origin time. No Cleary and his cohorts and they'll struggle. The Roosters have been playing without their topline players since almost the start of the season. And except for injuries and out of their depth work experience refs they would be undefeated.

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post

as silly as i may sound the crackdown could increase our chances of doing well. it brings more unpredictability into results and all things being equal that penalises the top teams. 13 on 13 they're more likely to win but if nas gets one wrong and gets sent off or if cleary gets caught off balance, hits someone high and goes to the bin for 10 it could make things interesting.

too early to worry about finals at this stage but if we can adjust to the new interpretations we could get lucky in the big games. but atm, like every season, it's one game at a time
                    I'd love to see this happen, but with the double standard refereeing against the Broncos and every other game it seems, the Roosters will always draw the short straw.

Comment

Originally posted by stringaz View Post

I'd love to see this happen, but with the double standard refereeing against the Broncos and every other game it seems, the Roosters will always draw the short straw.
                      If it continues, and the club feels it's being persecuted, it could always build a legal case dossier, and sue.

We need a bigger team...our players weren't in the hunt against the Broncos giants.
                      Butcher, Radley, Marschke, Lam, Walker,
                      ...short.
                      Anyway, we play the Raiders next, at Gosford.
                      We never win there...be good if someone ran a tape over the ground, looks a small field to me, especially the width.
                      2017...capacity crowd...we lost to the Sharks 12-44.
                      We couldn't even win there with Cronk and Latrell in the team.

If we can't beat the Raiders we might as well forfeit the rest of the season and have fans and players picnic days instead.
                      Last edited by bondi.boy; 05-24-2021, 09:49 PM.

Comment

The Riff play as a team with all contributing to the best of their ability - you can see how hard they work in defence - straight line with no lazy defenders or defenders rushing out of the line.

In attack they support the ball carriers in numbers and they have high completion rates/low errors , conceded penalties, restarts and dominate field position and where and how they give the ball back to the opposition.

It's not rocket science their formula of playing or a style of play that other teams can't mirror it's the case of wanting to do it over the 80 minutes.

Some say that SOO may test them although they wont have a lot of players involved - 5 at most - Cleary/ Luai/ To'o / Yeo- NSW - Capewell - QLD

Chooks will have only 1 I assume in Tedesco playing SOO this year and possibly 2 in Radley?- I would say To'o would take Toops NSW wing spot with Addo-Carr the other winger
                        Last edited by King Salvo; 05-24-2021, 11:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rented tracksuit View Post

Agreed. They just seem to be that much quicker, fitter and stronger than every other team and as a group, right across the park, they combine with very few flaws.

How they are working together on the field is probably 100% Iven and well done to him but there's a lot more to them than just that which makes you wonder how?
                          There could be a scandal brewing which could rock their boat.

Rumours that the Coach is sleeping with the halfbacks Mum.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

My brain briefly tried to figure out why Bennett would be sleeping with Adam Reynold's mum lol!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post
                              The Riff play as a team with all contributing to the best of their ability - you can see how hard they work in defence - straight line with no lazy defenders or defenders rushing out of the line.

In attack they support the ball carriers in numbers and they have high completion rates/low errors , conceded penalties, restarts and dominate field position and where and how they give the ball back to the opposition.

It's not rocket science their formula of playing or a style of play that other teams can't mirror it's the case of wanting to do it over the 80 minutes.

Some say that SOO may test them although they wont have a lot of players involved - 5 at most - Cleary/ Luai/ To'o / Yeo- NSW - Capewell - QLD

Chooks will have only 1 I assume in Tedesco playing SOO this year and possibly 2 in Radley?- I would say To'o would take Toops NSW wing spot with Addo-Carr the other winger
                              Fantastic team and they have been building for a few years now, the speed and footwork in the forwards are complimented by a brilliant backline with a pair of great halves. I've never understood the dislike for Cleary to my eye he is the complete half with his kicking game ability to take the line on and a great passer and he tackles like a backrower and a brilliant goal kicker to boot.
                              The only chance to beat them are the Storm and I wouldn't like to see that because it would take away from our back to back team.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

Boom tish!
                                FVCK CANCER

Comment

Working...
                                X