Detailed player-by-player Foundation Cup Trial Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bondi-boy View Post
    Me, I'd like to see Tagive, Alofa, and Moga try to field some low sliding kicks near the sideline that Carney was faced with last night first.
    Alofa and Moga would both eat those grubbers easily. Justin Carney will always struggle with grubbers cos his quads stop him from bending over.

Comment

Originally posted by Yak View Post
      Alofa and Moga would both eat those grubbers easily. Justin Carney will always struggle with grubbers cos his quads stop him from bending over.

Yak, i generally love your posts, but that is some bro-science you just sprouted.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigFella View Post
        Would you give the wing spot to Tagive instead of Alofa ???
        Would have liked to Alofa given some time on the wing. He's good defensively at the back but I'm not sure whether that what transfer much to the wing. He's certainly got all the attributes of a good winger. Good jumper, super quick (as he showed when he covered a heap of ground to beat Utai to that grubber in the first half, thought that was gonna be a try for all money), good communicator, safe with grubbers, and a very athletic finisher. Don't know if he'll be risked having not played any minutes there in the trials. Tagive probably did enough to get the spot last night. His defence all game was really good which was surprising. Even Adam Henry saved two certain tries at the end of the game on the left wing and dived on loose balls numerous times. Probably too slow for the wing though.

Comment

Originally posted by BigMike View Post
          Yak, i generally love your posts, but that is some bro-science you just sprouted.
          Haha meant it as a joke but it read like it was seriously an issue. Well aware that if anything the opposite would be the case. I think more than anything it's just that he's hopeless lol

Comment

Reminds me of a bowling ball bouncing off the gutters :/

Comment

Great review Yakster..

Comment

Originally posted by justjuice1992 View Post
                Does anyone have any highlight videos? Would appreciate it. Thanks.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7duFY...=youtu.be&hd=1

Comment

Great work Yak!

Comment

Very good work Yak

Things are looking bright

Even better, Morts is proving his worth.

Comment

great report, thanks for the effort

Comment

Many thanks for the time and effort. Really appreciated.

Comment

Nice work Mr Cusack.

Cheers.
                          Alcohol never solved any life problems.....then again neither did milk.

Comment

Great report again Yak. Really appreciate the efforts you go to.

Comment

Cheers Yak, great write up.

Chook.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
                                Thanks heaps again Yak for those who couldn't make it last night, your reports are priceless.

Pleased to see Arona (like this guy) and Morts pressing for the "hooker relief" role for Jake ahead of the Ant.

Very encouraging signs....we are gonna pull some pants down this year to use a Guss-ism.
                                Even for those of us who were there, these reports are priceless!! I really struggled to know which of our young blokes was who, alot of them look so alike (he says showing the extent of his ignorance!!!), even so I had a great night, love those suburban grounds with cold cans of Carlton Draught! Noycey was sitting with his family right in front of me, I tried to start an "Easts" chant at one stage & his son looked over & smiled at me, I think he might be one of us now, although it must be confusing for the kid to bounce from one club to another. I thought it looked awesome after about 25 mins, when Smithy sent on the real team, especially after the young guys had in the main held on so well, it was like, right now boys let's really kick some arse! Was it a wholesale 13 man exchange, it looked like it?

So thanks very much Yak for shedding some light on the game for those of us that attended as well as those who couldn't, you are an invaluable resource.

Comment

Working...
                                X