No announcement yet.

Detailed player-by-player Foundation Cup Trial Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Totally agree Big Arty, I also struggled with who was who with our young blokes. I had no idea what was going on for the first 20 mins of first grade. The only 2 I could recognise with ease was Symonds and Mitchell.

It was so funny when they came out for the warm up before the team was announced. I was looking at the team sheet and the players and it did not compute! I was shocked at how much Morts had apparently grown until I realsed it wasn't him at all but Mark Kheirallah (I think).

Thanks for the report Yak - I now know more about who did what than I did at the game.

NC
    Supporting the RW&B, through good times and bad times.

Comment

Great work Yak. Can't thank you enough for the reports from both trials.

Originally posted by Yak View Post
      Kane Evans injured his leg (ankle I think) in the 20s game yesterday. Unfortunate, as it looks as though he would get a run in the first grade trial today.
      Apologies if it's already been mentioned elsewhere on the forum, but there is an interesting piece on Evans in the pre-season RLW. Taylor is quoted as saying that both he and Smithy feel that--big as Evans is already--because he is so tall they would like to seem him fill out a bit more before he hits first grade. Apparently they've got him hitting the gym pretty hard. He's going to be one hell of a man-mountain with the extra bulk.

Comment

Was I the only who thought Mini was actually coming off ok after first contact. I wont get too excited but compared to the last couple of years when he's been getting dominated he actually looked dare I say it like he might break the line.

There was one moment where he grabbed across the field and nearly got taken into touch but that was his only facepalm moment of the night.

Comment

Good report mate thnx
          " A man can only walk as far as he can see"

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
            Was I the only who thought Mini was actually coming off ok after first contact. I wont get too excited but compared to the last couple of years when he's been getting dominated he actually looked dare I say it like he might break the line.

There was one moment where he grabbed across the field and nearly got taken into touch but that was his only facepalm moment of the night.
            Totally agree mate. I remember the crabbing run you're talking about. It was the tackle before Moga injured his ankle running and almost scoring from dummy half, and two before the Morts try. It was probably Moga's best opportunity to get clean early service all night with Ayshford on his heels. Definite facepalm moment.

But yeah Mini actually looked a little likely didn't he. One return almost resulted in a break down the left but Ayshford just caught his ankle. Looked to have done away with his signature pinballing and instead aimed for holes returning on angles with a hint of showing the ball to supports. Worked far better. Probably a bit off the pace with his support game which should be one of his strengths.

Comment

Yak thanks very much for the report. Really appreciate it!

Comment

Working...
              X