V’Landys and his ego.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V’Landys and his ego.

I was willing to give V’Landys the benefit of the doubt with the head high tackles but after watching him being interviewed by Wiedler tonight, I know he’s full of shit.

I didn’t see the interview, and I’m not going to watch it, but I agree that PVL is full of crap. He’s a fraud. No substance. A charlatan. And the fact that we’re talking about this meaningless piece of nothing instead of Bob Fulton is sad.
    Last edited by Grant Hedger; 05-25-2021, 12:37 AM.

Comment

The arrogance he showed towards Radley was disgusting.
      I wish Victor would go and show that clown V'landys what a real high shot looks like

Comment

V'lakas is going to dig his heels in. The only people who can stop it are the players themselves. They need to realise the threat to revenue and collectively agree to sign a waiver as per boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by dice View Post
          V'lakas is going to dig his heels in. The only people who can stop it are the players themselves. They need to realise the threat to revenue and collectively agree to sign a waiver as per boxing.
          Do you honestly think players would sign such waivers and forfeit their rights of future litigation against their clubs and the league for injuries sustained in playing the game that affects their health and wellbeing later in life?.

I can't see any player signing one which is why the League is doing this to avoid the NFL litigation scenerio - 1 billion dollar fund so far with more litigation to come from ex players.

Players have been well and truly put on notice so the Coaches have a lot a work to do with their players to change their tackling techniques or face the consequences of their players being suspended.

You may well find in the future if nothing was done that insurance companies would pull out of the sports insurance business especially the contact sport ones - that would be the end of the game for sure and certain if that ever occurred - Governments could stop such sports as well on medical advice.

I find it amazing that people are jumping up and down about this when after all they aren't the ones being hit in the head.

Maybe they think it's like Rome and they are seated in the Colosseum and the players are the Gladiators - thumbs up or down i wonder ?
          Last edited by King Salvo; 05-25-2021, 01:54 AM.

Comment

Ego isn’t a bad thing, I think to do the job he’s in you’ve probably got to have quite a bit of it.

All that matters at the end of the day though is that you get it right and you are successful in doing so, at this point in time it’s hard to argue that he’s getting it right. Even the supporters he does have on this topic and there are plenty all seem to be in agreeance that he’s overshot the mark and we need to tone the sin bins down a bit. A lot of the tackles being penalised are not the ones that are causing concussions, the interpretation of ‘forceful’ needs to be reviewed.

Will be very interesting to see how it plays out over the next couple of months.

Comment

I don't have a problem with the new rules regarding the contact with the head.

What I do have a problem with is the inconsistency of its interpretation. The difference in interpretation is what is killing the game, not the rule.
              Consistency in refereeing has been a blight on the game in the past and leads to all sorts of conspiracy theories about favoured clubs and agendas.
              The problem I see for the NRL is that they very rarely accept that responsibility and don't dish out the same punishment to referees as they do to the players.

IMO the bunker should only be used to rule on tries, if required. Leave the on field incidents to the on field officials.

Comment

I quite like him. Victor just has to aim lower.

Comment

Yes that’s the answer just aim lower and watch all the concussions that result from getting a hip, knee or elbow in the head trying to tackle.

Comment

i agree with a crackdown but the crackdown should be focused on hits to the head that could cause damage. i don't think rads' hit on kelly's head is in that category.

but the big problem with the change in policy is that they're doing it mid-season. it is a case study in how not to change a policy

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
                      I quite like him. Victor just has to aim lower.
                      Yep and then allow them to offload and create second phase play.

FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

Do you honestly think players would sign such waivers and forfeit their rights of future litigation against their clubs and the league for injuries sustained in playing the game that affects their health and wellbeing later in life?.
                        In the context of falling revenue which you missed in my initial comment then absolutely they will. That is the entire point of the waivers in boxing.

I predicted the banning of shoulder charge would lead to more (not less) concussion because the NRL went overboard and couldn't distinguish between a charge (forward) and defenders protecting themselves with their shoulder. Case in point is Jake Friend whose concussions have almost all be exclusively front on tackles.

The same with latest rule changes, the NRL forcing tacklers to not only tackle front-on, but lower their heads in the tackle. They had their chance to distinguish between direct contact like Josh Papalii send-off, and minimal incidental contact like Radley and once again stuffed it up. It will result in more concussions not less.

They are now talking about banning ball runners from using their forearms to protect themselves. More concussions not less.

The only way NRL can avoid litigation is evolve to Oztag. Viewer are already turning off their tvs and cancelling their subscriptions. Maybe not enough to impact immediate revenues but it is coming.
                        Last edited by dice; 05-25-2021, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Marshall View Post
                          Yes that’s the answer just aim lower and watch all the concussions that result from getting a hip, knee or elbow in the head trying to tackle.
                          Exactly. The worst concussions aren't from being hit. They are from trying to make a hit. Ask Cords and Friendy about that.
                          FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by dice View Post

In the context of falling revenue which you missed in my initial comment then absolutely they will. That is the entire point of the waivers in boxing.

I predicted the banning of shoulder charge would lead to more (not less) concussion because the NRL went overboard and couldn't distinguish between a charge (forward) and defenders protecting themselves with their shoulder. Case in point is Jake Friend whose concussions have almost all be exclusively front on tackles.

The same with latest rule changes, the NRL forcing tacklers to not only tackle front-on, but lower their heads in the tackle. It will result in more concussions not less.

They are now talking about banning ball runners from using their forearms to protect themselves. More concussions not less.

The only way NRL can avoid litigation is evolve to Oztag. Viewer are already turning off their tvs and cancelling their subscriptions. Maybe not enough to impact immediate revenues but it is coming.
                            Yep, if its litigation the administrators are trying to protect themselves against, it may well be the exact thing that comes back to bite them as they are changing the game in more dangerous direction.
                            FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by rented tracksuit View Post

Yep and then allow them to offload and create second phase play.
                              It’s becoming like rugby union.
                              Over officiated, soft tackles and continuous tackles via 6 agains.
                              ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Working...
                              X