V’Landys and his ego.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
    I quite like him. Victor just has to aim lower.
    You mean the ball-runners have to run with their heads higher and not fall into tackles, don't you?

Comment

Originally posted by chook110166 View Post
      if these nrl admin muppets really do care about the players why don't they reduce the 10 meters as players today are bigger faster and and impact at that distance is extremely high so reduce the distance so collisions arnt as bad, but no they add six again where fatigue is causing a lot of injuries hope him and his puppet abdo farrrk off soon
      I see that happening too. Won’t be that far off.
      Another step closer to Union.
      ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Originally posted by BigCok007 View Post
        Intentional head highs should be condemned
        One of my pet peeves is one human determining an-other's intent in any sport. Rules should be unambiguous, the damage done should be the yard stick.
        Originally posted by jism
        I saw Reynolds crying in front of me after the game and yelled out 'WHAT ARE YOU CRYING ABOUT?!?!? GO SAY SORRY TO COOPER YOU GRUB!!!' He looked up at me with a pretty broken looking face.

Comment

Originally posted by ccfc bondi View Post

You mean the ball-runners have to run with their heads higher and not fall into tackles, don't you?
          What about poor old Paul Vaughn on the weekend. The guy goes on to make a tackle with his arms down low and the ball runner is either a midget or falls into it, collects Vaughnies arm the poor guy goes for 10! Did you see the look on his face. He was stunned! What's he supposed to do? Cut off his arms before the match and have them magically re-attached after the game?

I know it sounds stupid but that's how stupid its got now!
          Last edited by rented tracksuit; 05-25-2021, 04:53 PM.
          FVCK CANCER

Comment

The two worst concussions I've seen weren't caused by head high tackles. They were caused by Josh Papalii's accidental/deliberate knee.

Comment

Originally posted by Flipper Hands View Post

One of my pet peeves is one human determining an-other's intent in any sport. Rules should be unambiguous, the damage done should be the yard stick.
              Fair call, again a fairer system than just treating all with a similar punishment.

Comment

Originally posted by ccfc bondi View Post

The ball runners reflexively assume the foetal position when they see the Inflictor preparing a hit , it's the fear factor and nobody does it better than him !

Comment

Gould sums it up:
                  https://twitter.com/NRLonNine/status...537221633?s=20
                  Making Steve Naughton look like Vince Mellars...

Comment

The NFL litigation was a test case for all contact/semi contact sports world wide to get their act together over concussions. Medical research has more than proved the affect of concussions on players brains and health and well being long term.

If the NFL thinks that setting up a 1 billion dollar fund for ex players is sufficient they are sadly mistaken - there will be many many many more class action cases.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-07-...erious%20cases.

The NRL and Clubs will need to not only have insurance to cover players when they are playing but also indemnity insurance for when players instigate litigation against their former clubs and the NRL.

https://theconversation.com/is-the-n...ussions-119880

Insurance companies are not known for their benevolence and i would assume they would looking at all these class actions cases worldwide including here in Australia and maybe thinking to themselves - you know what this could cost us a bomb in payouts so hey lets get out of offering insurance for contact /semi contact sport and indemity insurance for future claims.

You might think that is far fetched but if the contact/semi contact sports can't get insurance/indemnity insurance that's the end of those sports. Lots of events are cancelled as a result of not be able to obtain or afford insurance.

The Government were going to shutdown Greyhound racing(if you deem it as a sport that is) and basically could shut down any sport or limit the age kids can play a sport from if they so wish based on medical advice and costs analysis of the burden on tax payers going forward for health care and medical treatment for known conditions.

There are people who have their visa applications rejected on the health grounds - based on the burden on tax payers - why not sports - if say x per cent of participants of a particular sport will require long term health and medical care costing the tax payer billions - then any Government could ban it based on those facts alone.

Comment

You are drawing an extremely long bow with the Greyhounds. The only thing you should note with the Greyhound debacle is dictator Baird going from a large majority win to being asked to leave the party in quick time due to voter backlash.

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post
                        The NFL litigation was a test case for all contact/semi contact sports world wide to get their act together over concussions. Medical research has more than proved the affect of concussions on players brains and health and well being long term.

If the NFL thinks that setting up a 1 billion dollar fund for ex players is sufficient they are sadly mistaken - there will be many many many more class action cases.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-07-...erious%20cases.

The NRL and Clubs will need to not only have insurance to cover players when they are playing but also indemnity insurance for when players instigate litigation against their former clubs and the NRL.

https://theconversation.com/is-the-n...ussions-119880

Insurance companies are not known for their benevolence and i would assume they would looking at all these class actions cases worldwide including here in Australia and maybe thinking to themselves - you know what this could cost us a bomb in payouts so hey lets get out of offering insurance for contact /semi contact sport and indemity insurance for future claims.

You might think that is far fetched but if the contact/semi contact sports can't get insurance/indemnity insurance that's the end of those sports. Lots of events are cancelled as a result of not be able to obtain or afford insurance.

The Government were going to shutdown Greyhound racing(if you deem it as a sport that is) and basically could shut down any sport or limit the age kids can play a sport from if they so wish based on medical advice and costs analysis of the burden on tax payers going forward for health care and medical treatment for known conditions.

There are people who have their visa applications rejected on the health grounds - based on the burden on tax payers - why not sports - if say x per cent of participants of a particular sport will require long term health and medical care costing the tax payer billions - then any Government could ban it based on those facts alone.
                        If the government had any thoughts about shutting down rugby league why would they be funding $1 billion stadium projects?

Comment

Originally posted by Salvatori Grubber View Post
                          Gould doesn't have to foot the bill though when ex players take legal action against their clubs and the league

Comment

That doesn't negate his point, which is that the specific implementation of the directive is naive at best.
                            Making Steve Naughton look like Vince Mellars...

Comment

Originally posted by BenCumminsIsACheat View Post

If the government had any thoughts about shutting down rugby league why would they be funding $1 billion stadium projects?
                              Yes they build them and can easily knock them down as well as you know - prime real estate so they wont lose out

Comment

The goal of eliminating or at least greatly reducng illegal contact with the head which may cause concussion is praisworthy, and I hope any reasonable person would agree with that. The current problem is that the so called crackdown is being over enforced, the same way as every crackdown we have had previously was. There will be an adjustment period, on both sides. I think Victor was very harshly treated on Saturday, the head contact in his tackles was minimal and should have been play on in every case or maybe a penalty for the hit on Kelly.

Comment

Working...
                                X