No announcement yet.

V’Landys and his ego.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vlandyvlaka is a goose his statement on Radley last night has him guilty of everything..a good lawyer should use this in what should be an unfair hearing
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

Gould doesn't have to foot the bill though when ex players take legal action against their clubs and the league
      I think that is being exaggerated as well. Australia is not USA. The largest personal lawsuit in Australia is a bit over a million? The layers for the US record companies went to court expecting to sue thousands of aussies for hundreds of thousands of dollars each, and the judge said FU you are only entitled to the cost of the music download. How many times do you see on current affairs shows people who have had their lives ruined through injury and complaining about barely receiving enough to cover medical expenses? Opal Towers and Mascot Towers owners getting paid f/a in compensation for dodgy works.

I hope those that those who genuinely get CTE receive some compensation to improve their lives. But it is not going to be a free-for-all like the USA.

Edit: I believe the building industry is the correct example in this case. The NRL, Roosters, and Easts Leagues are all different legal entities. The NRL and Roosters have few assets. If the worst was to happen and ex-players attempt to sue Roosters and NRL into bankruptcy. Roosters gets liquidated, Easts Leagues steps in and buys the rights to name/logo/etc (if it doesn't already have the rights). NRL goes into bankruptcy, and rich person/organisation buys the NRL rights off them to settle their lawsuits. We start all over again.
      Last edited by dice; 05-25-2021, 07:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dice View Post

I think that is being exaggerated as well. Australia is not USA. The largest personal lawsuit in Australia is a bit over a million? The layers for the US record companies went to court expecting to sue thousands of aussies for hundreds of thousands of dollars each, and the judge said FU you are only entitled to the cost of the music download. How many times do you see on current affairs shows people who have had their lives ruined through injury and complaining about barely receiving enough to cover medical expenses? Opal Towers and Mascot Towers owners getting paid f/a in compensation for dodgy works.

I hope those that those who genuinely get CTE receive some compensation to improve their lives. But it is not going to be a free-for-all like the USA.
        Can players like Steve Mortimer, Sam Backo, Mario Fenech sue the NRL? Serious question.
        The Men Of League help out heaps of ex-players because of health issues and no doubt some due to them playing rugby league.
        How many recently retired and current players will be able to sue them? If Friendy or Cordner falls ill later in life would they be able to?

Comment

Originally posted by BUDDY View Post

Can players like Steve Mortimer, Sam Backo, Mario Fenech sue the NRL? Serious question.
          The Men Of League help out heaps of ex-players because of health issues and no doubt some due to them playing rugby league.
          How many recently retired and current players will be able to sue them? If Friendy or Cordner falls ill later in life would they be able to?
          It was ARL then. They can sue the ARL but I bet that have f/a money to give them. As I said, they are all different legal entities with little assets. The game itself will go one even if one of those entities are bankrupted.

Comment

The thing about V'landys is he doesn't have to deal with as many criminals when making decisions in RL like he has to with horse racing
            The Internet is a place for posting silly things
            Try and be serious and you will look stupid
            sigpic

Comment

Get rid of Vlandys sign here http://chng.it/h7F4NCPgt8

Comment

When I worked in the racing industry and Peter V'landys took over in NSW most despised him. They didn't like this guy coming in and radically changing old ways.

Racing in Victoria where I was at the time was lengths ahead of NSW.

Fast forward to today and it has turned 180 degrees. Racing in NSW is miles ahead

He also got Harness Racing NSW off their knees.

There must be a reason they are doing this. Perhaps in five years we'll look back and agree that it was the right way to go about it. The game needs cleaning up if it wants to survive and be appealing to young players.
                Last edited by Vasco; 05-25-2021, 09:15 PM.
                Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Originally posted by dice View Post

Edit: I believe the building industry is the correct example in this case. The NRL, Roosters, and Easts Leagues are all different legal entities. The NRL and Roosters have few assets. If the worst was to happen and ex-players attempt to sue Roosters and NRL into bankruptcy. Roosters gets liquidated, Easts Leagues steps in and buys the rights to name/logo/etc (if it doesn't already have the rights). NRL goes into bankruptcy, and rich person/organisation buys the NRL rights off them to settle their lawsuits. We start all over again.
                  CTE can only be diagnosed post mortem.

There was no recourse for the Opal Tower and Mascot Towers apartment owners as the developers had gone into liquidation and the Statutory warranty period had expired. Since the industry was de-regulated allowing the developers and builders to engage their own certifiers insurance companies refused to cover apartment block constructions as they knew the work would be shoddy the Government removed the need to insure apartment blocks higher than 3 stories. Hence the issues encountered

The East group is the parent/holding company consisting of subsidiaries i.e 4 hospitality venues and the affiliated NRL Club -Sydney Roosters - need to look at how this is set up - director wise etc.

If the NRL went into insolvency that would be the end of Rugby League

Comment

Working...
                  X