team v raiders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
    I reckon the Raiders will get the Chooks up in Gosford.
    And that statement there is the reality!!
    Raiders could have 10 men out and we could have a roosters all star team… the Gosford curse is real!

Comment

Originally posted by Nicola Tesla View Post

And that statement there is the reality!!
      Raiders could have 10 men out and we could have a roosters all star team… the Gosford curse is real!
      Canberra have a worse record there than us. They have lost their last 6 there.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

Canberra have a worse record there than us. They have lost their last 6 there.
        Yeah I dunno why the ground would make a difference.

One reason I don't watch cricket is that all they do is sit around saying 'aaaaw Australia's losing because Pakistan [or whatever - insert developing country] has shyte quality grounds compared with what we're used to'. I get that cricket players get very technical about the conditions and there can be legit challenges. However, the essence of such whinging is that our players haven't adapted to the playing conditions.

When playing at Canberra I think they make a decent cauldron outta Bruce Stadium. It's always tough playing them on a cold night, in a stadium that looks/sounds full when ~13,000 fans show up (and has that bloody horn + 1-handed clap BS booming over the PA when you're trying to concentrate). Again though, you're clutching at straws if you think some stupid, fake-as horn noise left over from the 80's has cost you the game.

The game will come down to our attitude. As usual the refs will get some things wrong and it'll be a royal pain having to deal with the consequences. However, the better teams adapt. The shyte teams (e.g. Souffs) have a whinge and then get 50 pts put on them coz they expect the opposition to feel sorry for them.

Comment

We will win and win well. Raiders are poo.

Comment

Originally posted by Pablo Escobar View Post
            We will win and win well. Raiders are poo.
            Raiders are better than the team that belted us last week

Comment

Raiders will lift this week and play like world beaters, same as the Broncos last week..

Always happens against us!

Comment

If we couldn’t beat ‘lowly’ Brisbane, almost wooden spooners, then what chance do we stand against a green machine desperate for a win? I see defense as our main problem now and although I would love to win, just can’t see it happening because of so many troops out. We are fielding a D group rooster outfit against the Raiders+ Referee+touch judge+ bunker. But I’m still hopeful.
                “Soon will the present day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead”- (Baha’u’llah)

Comment

Originally posted by roosterchook View Post
                  If we couldn’t beat ‘lowly’ Brisbane, almost wooden spooners, then what chance do we stand against a green machine desperate for a win? I see defense as our main problem now and although I would love to win, just can’t see it happening because of so many troops out. We are fielding a D group rooster outfit against the Raiders+ Referee+touch judge+ bunker. But I’m still hopeful.
                  Alright, so the fact we had an off game against a shyte team means it's impossible for us to win any more games for the season? Glad to know that.

Hang on, but Souffs have had 50pts put on them and nobody's ever come back from that... they're gone.

All this shyte is absolute bullcr@p. A team coached by Robbo than includes Teddy, Cordner, SST, Crichton, JWH, Rads, Toops, J-Moz, Manu, Walker...etc is ALWAYS a formidable side to come up against. Teams like Brissy spend their entire offseason studying our game and lift for us coz we are the standard they wanna reach. Brissy played their GF last week when Rads was sent off twice and we got over-confident about the result. Happens to any respectable Easts side... one thing I love about our club is that we're not robots. We win more than our share of games, but also have the odd Barry Crocker of a night out. This is all character building! We learn our lessons and come back better the next week. That's the Easts way of life!

Go jump ship and support the Drizz if you want a robotically consistent team that always seems to be on top of rule changes, never drops unexpected games and has far less games that leave fans shouting 'WTF?!?!?' at their TV screen. Anybody who reckons we've got no chance of challenging for the title this year is welcome to grab a purple shirt and go bunker down in Mexico, where there's seemingly no form slumps or challenges throughout the season. Pure gravy train... c'mon, take it!

Personally, I think we have a great squad and I'll continue to support Easts as we work towards securing a top-4 spot in 2021. Thank you very much. Pretenders can go watch their favourite 'top-4' team get 50 points put on 'em TWICE, while their coach walks out after the game without addressing them. That or you can support a sunny team from up north where a sacked coke addict and a terrorist thug are able to lift for 1 game a year (which happens to be when they play us). Feel free to join 'em if you don't rate our boys!
                  Last edited by ism22; 05-28-2021, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lydon View Post
                    Raiders will lift this week and play like world beaters, same as the Broncos last week..

Always happens against us!
                    Has our coaching staff lost the ability to lift us for games anymore?

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post

Has our coaching staff lost the ability to lift us for games anymore?
                      I wouldn’t say that,just seems like other teams always lift a notch against us..

Look at the Broncos from last week to this week

Comment

19-man Update

Nat Butcher comes in for the suspended Angus Crichton in the second row, while Tuku Hau Tapuha fills in the bench spot. Naufahu Whyte has been omitted from the side, while Egan Butcher and Joseph Suaalii have been retained on the extended bench.

Comment

I'm as unhappy as anyone that we lost to Brisbane last week, but the reality is if you play against a wooden-spoon favourite and they play well, then it doesn't matter where they are on the ladder. We were off last week, and to Brisbane's credit, they played well. Pangai had his one massive game which he does every two months or so.

I'm worried about defending Jack Wighton without Rads and Crichton. I think we'll win but I do expect the Raiders to list and I think it'll be tough. We are missing half our starting squad.
                          Glad Paps is out so he doesn't spend the entire game trying to murder poor Walker.

Up the Chooks.

Comment

Hearing Egan Butcher may get a run tomorrow night, let’s see if true

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

Alright, so the fact we had an off game against a shyte team means it's impossible for us to win any more games for the season? Glad to know that.

Hang on, but Souffs have had 50pts put on them and nobody's ever come back from that... they're gone.

All this shyte is absolute bullcr@p. A team coached by Robbo than includes Teddy, Cordner, SST, Crichton, JWH, Rads, Toops, J-Moz, Manu, Walker...etc is ALWAYS a formidable side to come up against. Teams like Brissy spend their entire offseason studying our game and lift for us coz we are the standard they wanna reach. Brissy played their GF last week when Rads was sent off twice and we got over-confident about the result. Happens to any respectable Easts side... one thing I love about our club is that we're not robots. We win more than our share of games, but also have the odd Barry Crocker of a night out. This is all character building! We learn our lessons and come back better the next week. That's the Easts way of life!

Go jump ship and support the Drizz if you want a robotically consistent team that always seems to be on top of rule changes, never drops unexpected games and has far less games that leave fans shouting 'WTF?!?!?' at their TV screen. Anybody who reckons we've got no chance of challenging for the title this year is welcome to grab a purple shirt and go bunker down in Mexico, where there's seemingly no form slumps or challenges throughout the season. Pure gravy train... c'mon, take it!

Personally, I think we have a great squad and I'll continue to support Easts as we work towards securing a top-4 spot in 2021. Thank you very much. Pretenders can go watch their favourite 'top-4' team get 50 points put on 'em TWICE, while their coach walks out after the game without addressing them. That or you can support a sunny team from up north where a sacked coke addict and a terrorist thug are able to lift for 1 game a year (which happens to be when they play us). Feel free to join 'em if you don't rate our boys!
                              Of course we have a great chance but we need some things to happen. Injuries we can compensate as we have the depth. But suspensions we just need two things. To improve our technique and bias from refs and judiciary to stop. We have a team that is good enough to win the competition but errors let us down so much. Most of our losses has been us beating ourselves but our defense this year has been off. We can fix these things. There is time. But we must play intelligent footy and not throw away possession so often.

WITH possession the roosters are unbeatable including storm and Penrith but you see for yourself that because of stupid errors such as forced passes, dropped passes etc we get practically no possession for long periods of time and get tired defending. We don’t give ourselves a chance when it comes to possession. We are right up among the best attacking sides even with the tiny possession we do get. IF we can get decent possession in each game we can win the comp but the new rules are also causing us to lose our best players on suspension so we need to deal with that along with getting enough possession.

I always believe we have the best team but we need enough possession to win games which we have not been getting. Until we fix this we can’t compete well against even the lower teams because possession is crucial to score points.
                              “Soon will the present day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead”- (Baha’u’llah)

Comment

Working...
                              X