No announcement yet.

Foundation Cup Vid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great work to whoever put that together, nice to see some footage before the season starts.

On that footage Cordner looks menacing he must surely start this season, I just hope Newcastle don't get him back. Pearce also nice show and go and Maubs from reports had a big game.

Can't wait for round 1.

Comment

Originally posted by stephenj View Post
      thanks mothball really appreciated yiour4 efforts your commentary much better than channel 9 or fox too! carnt wait for round one now! interesting pearce not as fast as he once was ( thinkinbg back to a runaway v penrith a few years back). young ant mitchel trying to emulate jake tackling aNYthing that moves. good goal line defence, bad luck not to score thye last trty i9n the corner?
      That was actually Kheirallah that got run down. That Tedesco kid is pretty quick though.

Good find Mothballs!!!

Comment

Great video. Why we have to be force-fed Souffs / Merge every year I don't know! I have been checking out Foxsports news for some footage but no such luck.

As an aside just how many different jerseys do Wests need! Lemony yellow..ew!

Comment

Can someone point out the part of this video where Benji Marshall and the young tigers fullback steal the show?

Because reading through the official reports on the game in the SMH and tele you'd think that they were 3 try a piece heroes.

Comment

Originally posted by Danish View Post
            Can someone point out the part of this video where Benji Marshall and the young tigers fullback steal the show?

Because reading through the official reports on the game in the SMH and tele you'd think that they were 3 try a piece heroes.
            They're the Tigers - the media darlings. From all reports Marshall set up all their tries - 3 against our reserve grade team. Don't know much about the new fullback but as he plays for Wests the media will be falling over themselves to hype him up.

Comment

Given 3 tries were a result of Carney

Defense improved 80% as soon as he was replaced by a more capable Tagive...

Carney will be on the bench for Newtown
              "Qui audet adipiscitur"

WHO DARES WINS

Comment

I wasn't there and I'm certainly not going to suggest that Carney didn't have a poor game, but just going on the video, the intensity of the criticism against him seems a tad savage.

Footage isn't great for the first two tries--being on the other side of the field--but the Marshall passes seem pretty slick. Better players than JC have fallen victim to Benji cut-outs before.

For Ryan's third try, Wests' centre receives the ball three foot outside Moga close to the line. I know Tautau is quick for his size, but he would have had to slide like a speeding neutrino to prevent the ball carrier strolling over if Carney had been any wider. At least JC jagging in forced a final pass to the winger.

Having said that, I take the point that Tagive by all reports did a much better job.
                Last edited by SmithyFan; 02-20-2012, 05:17 PM.

Comment

I can't even see Carney on the field for Ryan's first try..??? (5.00 min).

Number 4 for us appears to be the widest defender that lets Ryan in...Is that the case or not..??
                  Last edited by Pass the Ball; 02-20-2012, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Hey all,

I am the person who created and edited this highlights.

Firstly, I don't have some kind of Parkinson's disease, this joke is getting really old. Campbelltown Stadium does not allow the use of tripods in seated areas if they did I would of used one. I was using a 300mm lens which zoomed in without any image stabilisation will shake.

However, to those with the positive comments I do appreciate them. To my knowledge these are the only highlights which are available to the public despite there being two TV camera filming the match.

I do thank you for linking my video here and you can thus follow me on twitter http://twitter.com/azsportza

Comment

Heya azsportza.
                      Thanks for the work
                      Don't worry about the negative comments. We take the piss out of everyone here.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Pass the Ball View Post
                        I can't even see Carney on the field for Ryan's first try..??? (5.00 min).

Number 4 for us appears to be the widest defender that lets Ryan in...Is that the case or not..??

Certainly looks that way. Tackle prior to the try is made by our #5 (not Carney... don't think it's Perrett either at that stage, but not sure), which allows the overlap outside the #4 on the next play.

Just going on the video evidence, the general criticism of Carney seems massively overstated.

Comment

Originally posted by SmithyFan View Post
                          Certainly looks that way. Tackle prior to the try is made by our #5 (not Carney... don't think it's Perrett either at that stage, but not sure), which allows the overlap outside the #4 on the next play.

Just going on the video evidence, the general criticism of Carney seems massively overstated.
                          Lol, doesn't surprise me it's PTB who picked up on this, he's a smart Chookie IMO.

Carntey bashing is a sport here IMO. Shame many who bag the remaining one didn't want to see the real problem last year was the one that left. I reckon Smiff will use Carntey in rnd 1.

It's funny how everyone views the game differently. I watched the WCC today and watched Wolfie cos he'd copped a royal hammering from all and sundry. But the 2 tries he supposedly let in were very harsh IMO. An intercept which he didn't throw and one of the best leaps for a bomb I've seen in a long time.

Sometimes there's little a player can do, especially a stranded winger, like in the case of one of the tries down Carnteys side, he had no hope with Bunjie firing bullets everywhere.

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

This is what i see when i think of Justin Carney..

Comment

Originally posted by Horrie Is God View Post
                              This is what i see when i think of Justin Carney..

A great deal of the criticism aimed at Carney's Foundation Cup performance was for his defence. Edward would do a lot of damage in the wrestle I imagine!

Comment

Originally posted by SmithyFan View Post
                                A great deal of the criticism aimed at Carney's Foundation Cup performance was for his defence. Edward would do a lot of damage in the wrestle I imagine!
                                lol..No doubt..

But I have now seen enough of Carney to know that i don't want him in our regular rotation..

He is a fill in guy for injuries & Origin..Nothing more..

There is actually less to him than meets the eye..

Pezz is 4 times the player he is..

Comment

Working...
                                X