bummer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bummer

Just when things were looking promising, the aspiring golf pro has held his spot for round 1. Smith's reasons; he's our captain, 5/8th and goalkicker. Based on that, no one else could captain, play 5/8th or kick goals. Open your eyes Brian, he's no good.

http://www.nrl.com/anasta-holds-onto...1/default.aspx
    "Do you expect me to talk"? "No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to die".

Wouldn't surprise me to see him come out in Rd 1 & have a top game.

Comment

I thought you may have been stating your preference in the thread title, Bond?

Comment

*Low rumbling sound emanating from this poster is latterly discovered to be a slow burn"

Comment

When does his contract expire?
          Pauline Robinson from the "Wall".

Comment

why didn't he appear in any of the trials?

Was he injured or too busy with his media career?

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Morley View Post
              why didn't he appear in any of the trials?

Was he injured or too busy with his media career?
              Yes it seems he was carrying an injury to his back but it seems will be ready for round 1
              Spanner gone and never forgotten

Comment

Originally posted by Jollyjock View Post
                Yes it seems he was carrying an injury to his back but it seems will be ready for round 1
                Lets just hope the back injury is not a loss of spine. He must have a big year for us to do ok if he is staying in the 6 jersey.

The younguns coming through are exciting but they will be looking for leadership and inspiration from the capt; not just words.

Comment

braith and the boys will be fine by round 1. should win the first 5 easy
                  1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

Originally posted by roosterproud View Post
                    braith and the boys will be fine by round 1. should win the first 5 easy
                    First 6 rnds set the season up, if your call is right we will be hovering in the top 4 come round 14 which is what Smith needs to fight off Bellamy beyond 2013.
                    "Qui audet adipiscitur"

WHO DARES WINS

Comment

Originally posted by Darkone View Post
                      First 6 rnds set the season up,
                      Yep.
                      We will have a better idea of how we look for the finals, then.
                      Any team that thinks they are a certainty for THIS years finals are dreaming.

Comment

Every year is the same. By r6 Anasta will be moved elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by PKR View Post
                          When does his contract expire?
                          To conclusively answer the above question, i will quote Banasta's response he gave to Matt Cleary in January's
                          RLW 2012 Season Preview.

Cleary: So, is he happy at the Chooks & his 1 yr deal?

BA: "Yeah, it's gonna be tough, though. I've signed for 2012 with the Chooks but i definitely feel like i've got 2 more years in me,
                          this year & another one. Things might get a bit tricky there."

Cleary: Because they might punt him?

BA: "Well, yeah(laughs). But i'm not going to worry about it. I'm going to talk to Smithy & see how we go. But either way i want
                          to play as well as i can. I mean, if at any stage i feel like i'm not performing the best that i can & not benefiting the team, i'll be
                          the first to put my hand up. But the shape i'm in, the way i'm feeling, i definitely feel like i've got 2 yrs in me
                          ".

Cleary: Would he go to England? Top up the super?

BA: Not at all. I've never really wanted to. I love Aust, my family & friends. And there's things here i want to do. I mean, if my time's
                          up here & i'm not good enough to play 1st grade rugby league in Aust, i've got other avenues. I don't want to need to go to England
                          for financial security. I mean, i wouldn't completely rule it out. But unless something comes out of the blue i'll be staying in Aust
                          ".

Comment

Jodi Gordon is the reason for his back complaint.

Comment

Originally posted by The Sack View Post
                              Jodi Gordon is the reason for his back complaint.
                              too funny.

Comment

Working...
                              X