Influence.. Elliot and Fitzy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Influence.. Elliot and Fitzy

I see more resolve in our players who have trialed, not a Smith coaching norm.. we look tough from start to finish, aside from some positional **** ups in the FC game ie; wing JC. We look ready to go to war for each other, Elliots panthers were not the best roster by a long shot but hard to beat physically.[his 2010 team was very successful, 2011 stuffed by infighting].Fitzy! well we all know too well, Fitzy brings a great work ethic and some.. I won't be surprised if we go all the way this year!

Don't try and take credit away from Smith. He has spent two years building a team, staff and club he wants. It's too early to say its working but no doubt we are on the right track.

Comment

Originally posted by Dubai View Post
      Don't try and take credit away from Smith. He has spent two years building a team, staff and club he wants. It's too early to say its working but no doubt we are on the right track.
      Don't get me wrong I know Smith is a great coach and believe he will win his first prem @ roosters, Elliot and fitzy are a breath of fresh air and offer plenty to go with Smithy's idea's..

Comment

I know that we have won the last 2 trials, but we did play around 50 players & during the games they were making mass replacements & the games were being played in quarters. I wouldn't get to carried away.

I think Fitzy may be a great addition to the club though. reminds me of when Dean Pay was assisting Stuart. Hopefully Fitzy instills that tough defence in them.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey Lane View Post
          I know that we have won the last 2 trials, but we did play around 50 players & during the games they were making mass replacements & the games were being played in quarters. I wouldn't get to carried away.

I think Fitzy may be a great addition to the club though. reminds me of when Dean Pay was assisting Stuart. Hopefully Fitzy instills that tough defence in them.
          there you go! you've made me look at the 2002 team photo

& yes there are parallels in that regard....good ole days
          "Qui audet adipiscitur"

WHO DARES WINS

Comment

Its actually disruptive to your team when making heaps of replacements, so we were @ a disadvantage more than the Tigers..

Comment

Originally posted by rob1crap View Post
              Its actually disruptive to your team when making heaps of replacements, so we were @ a disadvantage more than the Tigers..
              Not when you take 13 off at a time. It's a big advantage.

Mate if the roosters are going to win the comp this year in your mind thats great but I just have a different view. Our team will surprise a few teams no doubt but realistically making the 8 is a big ask with such a young side & no real top quality players in the spine.

Comment

Mate if the roosters are going to win the comp this year in your mind thats great but I just have a different view. Our team will surprise a few teams no doubt but realistically making the 8 is a big ask with such a young side & no real top quality players in the spine.
                Disagree completely. We dont have the experience in this team to win the comp but the eight is completely attainable. Most years you can lose 11-12 games and still make the 8.

Anything below eighth will be unacceptable.

Comment

so your saying the dragons 2010 spine was better than our present spine?? Pearce v Hornby? Pearce any day.. Mini v Boyd? Mini's 12 tries to boyds 2 answers that.. Anasta v Soward?? Not sure about that.. The Dragons won a comp with that spine!

Comment

so your saying the dragons 2010 spine was better than our present spine?? Pearce v Hornby? Pearce any day.. Mini v Boyd? Mini's 12 tries to boyds 2 answers that.. Anasta v Soward?? Not sure about that.. The Dragons won a comp with that spine!
                    Mate come on.

In 2010 Dean Young interchanging with Nathen Fien was sensational. Hornby is a quality player & the Rooster discard Soward no matter what anyone says shone under Wayne Bennett. Boyd was nearly unstoppable. Not a good comparison.

Comment

Coach..Wayne Bennett nuff said.

Premierships
                      Bennett 7 Smith 0

Comment

Originally posted by AfricanRooster View Post
                        Coach..Wayne Bennett nuff said.

Premierships
                        Bennett 7 Smith 0
                        Smith hasn't had the pleasure of news ltd..or the traversty of 2010 gf. now tinkler. Bennet is like Mundine..

Comment

I think it's more of a pact amongst the playing group, the "All In, All Season" motto seems to have caught on and they mentally want to be on at all times. The Superbowl winning New York Giants formed an "All In" pledge amongst the players a couple of weeks out before the playoffs and went undefeated the rest of the season, it may sound silly but these things work as motivation for a group.

Comment

Originally posted by elo View Post
                            I think it's more of a pact amongst the playing group, the "All In, All Season" motto seems to have caught on and they mentally want to be on at all times. The Superbowl winning New York Giants formed an "All In" pledge amongst the players a couple of weeks out before the playoffs and went undefeated the rest of the season, it may sound silly but these things work as motivation for a group.
                            I don't think it's silly at all. Jack Gibson was a great fan of this type of motivation and with all the dead wood cut from our club I think this bunch of young talented enthusiastic no-names will go better than a pack of over rated & over priced has been hacks. Youngsters have nothing to fear and no reputation to uphold. They just get out there and throw the ball around. I keep saying that's how we got into the 2010 grand final..
                            "It's these little things, they can pull you under
                            Live your life filled with joy and wonder"

Comment

My biggest concern with Fitzy is, while he is running the water this season, he forgets he is retired, and goes in to make a tackle, and gets us penalised,lol, knowing Fitzy's work rate it might just happen. Good to have you back in the fold Fitzy, we have all missed you.l

Comment

Working...
                              X