Underdone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Underdone?

I'm under the impression the boys might be a bit underdone, not quite match fit. I love our depth in our squad especially cause there so young. I think we got a team that can really push for a tittle, if not this year definitely next. But I feel that Brian Smith should of played a full strength side from the word go in the foundation cup. Yes playing young blokes is great but I feel one week out they need a good hit out, get the intensity up especially with a week of no games before Souffs. Tigers played near full strength an yes they lost but they got a hard fought game. Last year round 1 we feel asleep dropped the intensity an nearly lost. I think Smithy played the wrong card an should of ran the squad near enough to what he wanted to put out there round 1. But how good is our future!

I dont think we will have too much of a disadvantage... I'd say of the players that were left out, only Anasta and JWH will play round 1 (i dont see SKD of Marty playing) and JWH at least got rid of some cobwebs in the All Stars match. Plus I dont think inglis or merrett got a run for the bunnies, which evens it up a bit.
    I agree with you on our depth though, its exciting seeing some of the players that will be playing in a Newtown jersey... I think we are in pretty good stead for the future and if injuries play a big part in our season

Comment

We've got Souffs next then the season stats

Comment

Originally posted by Chooky Chookerson View Post
        I dont think we will have too much of a disadvantage... I'd say of the players that were left out, only Anasta and JWH will play round 1 (i dont see SKD of Marty playing) and JWH at least got rid of some cobwebs in the All Stars match. Plus I dont think inglis or merrett got a run for the bunnies, which evens it up a bit.
        I agree with you on our depth though, its exciting seeing some of the players that will be playing in a Newtown jersey... I think we are in pretty good stead for the future and if injuries play a big part in our season
        Don't be surprised to see MK coming off the bench against the Vermin rnd 1

Comment

Not according to him yesterday, he still thinks he is a few rounds off yet, SKD is pretty confident of playing round 1 but they will not push him due to the injury.
          Cherro is due back sometime between round 6 and 10 at this stage...

Comment

Originally posted by phantom View Post
            Not according to him yesterday, he still thinks he is a few rounds off yet, SKD is pretty confident of playing round 1 but they will not push him due to the injury.
            Cherro is due back sometime between round 6 and 10 at this stage...
            Hmmm I'm confused, a mate of mine said he looked great & ready to go a couple of weeks ago, he hasn't done something else recently has he??

Comment

Originally posted by Tama Roosters View Post
              I'm under the impression the boys might be a bit underdone, not quite match fit. I love our depth in our squad especially cause there so young. I think we got a team that can really push for a tittle, if not this year definitely next. But I feel that Brian Smith should of played a full strength side from the word go in the foundation cup. Yes playing young blokes is great but I feel one week out they need a good hit out, get the intensity up especially with a week of no games before Souffs. Tigers played near full strength an yes they lost but they got a hard fought game. Last year round 1 we feel asleep dropped the intensity an nearly lost. I think Smithy played the wrong card an should of ran the squad near enough to what he wanted to put out there round 1. But how good is our future!
              I would think every team and player enters the season a little underdone, especially match fitness wise. Maybe due to the length of the season and not wanting to peak too early in the season.

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Arty View Post
                Hmmm I'm confused, a mate of mine said he looked great & ready to go a couple of weeks ago, he hasn't done something else recently has he??
                If you're talking about Cherrington, I think it's more to do with the ultra conservative approach they're taking with him given his knee problems over the last 2 seasons.

Comment

same deal with marty too i think?

Comment

I suppose most of our top squad would have played just about as much footy as the top squads from other sides during the trails.
                    Why risk injury in a trail game. I'm happy they only play limited minutes in trials.

As for Kennedy, it's a bit of a worry that he still isn't right for footy.

Comment

Working...
                    X