Team selection moving forward

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Axe View Post
    Anyone know what happens to the Cordner relief $$$? Is it use it or lose it?
    With June 30 fast approaching, any whispers?
    Wasn’t the June 30 deadline extended from this season?

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

Wasn’t the June 30 deadline extended from this season?
      Yep. 1st August now

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post
        Something like...
        1. Teddy
        2. Toops
        3. J-Moz
        4. Manu
        5. Suaalii
        6. Keighran
        7. Walker
        8. SST
        9. Verrills
        10. JWH
        11. Cords
        12. Crichton
        13. Radley

14. Lam
        15. Liu
        16. Sitili
        17. Tapine

---

TBH I'm pretty excited about us being full strength minus Keary, Friend and Collins. With the right training and attitude, I reckon that squad could win the comp. It's up to the players whether they wanna do it...
        And BMoz

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

Thread started at 3.45 am. Is that you Robbo?
          Lmao, on the graveyards.

Comment

Originally posted by The Axe View Post
            Anyone know what happens to the Cordner relief $$$? Is it use it or lose it?
            With June 30 fast approaching, any whispers?
            If they don't use it this year can they use it next year? - I remember teams that don't spend their whole cap can carry forward the unused amount into the next season not sure if they could do this with the 350k or it has to be used this season?

Comment

My view of the squad moving forward for the remainder of the season when all the injured/suspended players return:

1. Teddy
              2. Toops
              3. J-Moz
              4. Manu
              5. Suaalii
              6. Keighran
              7. Walker
              8. SST
              9. Verrills
              10. Liu
              11. Crichton
              12. Tupouniua
              13. Radley

14. Hutch
              15. JWH
              16. Butcher/Baker
              17. Cordner

18. Lam
              19. Butcher or Baker
              20. Ikuvalu
              21. Suluka-Fifita

NOTE: I do not see Cordner running back into the starting side straight away. With his past injuries concerns relating to HIA and initial match-fitness concerns, I would rather bring Cordner from the bench and inject him later in the game. JWH is an absolute workhorse but to maintain the continuity and impact, I’d rather have him build the rage/sit revving at 9000 RPMs and then come off the bench and go hard.

Hutch once he’s fit and recovered would be best placed as a utility early on just to ease back into the game and shake off any fitness rust and playing concerns. Robbo then can make a call whether Hutch returns to starting 5/8 and switches with Keighran who then will become the bench utility or figure another solution. I’d rather have Keighran starting as 5/8 because the game against Canberra really showed he can play well and kick well which is very important (especially in closer games). Butcher has an ankle issue at the moment, hopefully not for too long but his bench spot will be contested by Baker who’s really starting to shine after a few games. Unfortunately, Lam drops off the starting side for me. Good little player, good option as a utility but he got trampled in defence against Canberra and shown he can be a bit vulnerable.
              Last edited by DP1990; 06-01-2021, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X