No announcement yet.

Official Match Day Thread: Roosters v Titans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm getting really tired of mentioning the referees after every game, but I thought today was absolutely disgusting. As soon as Proctor wasn't binned you could feel it coming. Set restart after set restart, somehow with the Titans having perfect discipline themselves. The penalty for a strip of two in the tackle, and a host of other calls were bordering on crooked. I'm not sure who initially said it, but every 50-50 and set restart going the way of the team getting pumped is getting really out of hand. I'm not sure that it's anti-Roosters bias exactly, but my goodness were the Titans managed back into that game.

How any Roosters supporter can be down on our team or club after that performance is incredible. Of course we made mistakes and didn't play the most intelligent footy. Look at how the Panthers are going without a couple of their stars. When teams have the amount of injuries and suspensions we do, they are not supposed to win. The fact that we still got that win today, regardless of what the score ended up, is nothing short of incredible. I even saw another poster say that our depth has been found out this year? What a strange criticism. We have proved all year that we have borderline the best depth in the entire competition.

In regards to some takeaways:
    Well done JWH on a mammoth game. One of the best props in the game still, and in context of the last decade, I would say the best.
    Suaalii has some of the best tackling technique going around tbh. I'm super impressed with this guy, and kind of think he has to remain in the side.
    Gee it helps having a top shelf goal-kicker.

Comment

• We are an incredible club. A huge threat to the NRLs agendas.

No other team could hack what they're dishing up to us each week in top of our injury toll.

That game was so crooked from the moment that dude put the ball on Morris foot, tiny tino and Ash Taylor staying on the field.

Cummins is just one of all the refs now who follow the instructions from the lying hypocrites that is the NRL.

Can't expect the chooks to play a GF every week. Just watching us defend all the time while they give a crap team the ball is pathetic. What did we win today anyway? 2 points. Proud fans? I couldn't be any more proud to support this club.

It's like watching someone repeatedly put the boot into my doggo. ****in sux.

Comment

• Basically……
        Cummins sucks
        crackdowns done
        Vossy is a babbling idiot
        Robbo rules
        Roosters Rock
        the end

Comment

• Originally posted by BraveTheWorld View Post
          I'm getting really tired of mentioning the referees after every game, but I thought today was absolutely disgusting. As soon as Proctor wasn't binned you could feel it coming. Set restart after set restart, somehow with the Titans having perfect discipline themselves. The penalty for a strip of two in the tackle, and a host of other calls were bordering on crooked. I'm not sure who initially said it, but every 50-50 and set restart going the way of the team getting pumped is getting really out of hand. I'm not sure that it's anti-Roosters bias exactly, but my goodness were the Titans managed back into that game.

How any Roosters supporter can be down on our team or club after that performance is incredible. Of course we made mistakes and didn't play the most intelligent footy. Look at how the Panthers are going without a couple of their stars. When teams have the amount of injuries and suspensions we do, they are not supposed to win. The fact that we still got that win today, regardless of what the score ended up, is nothing short of incredible. I even saw another poster say that our depth has been found out this year? What a strange criticism. We have proved all year that we have borderline the best depth in the entire competition.

Well done JWH on a mammoth game. One of the best props in the game still, and in context of the last decade, I would say the best.
          Suaalii has some of the best tackling technique going around tbh. I'm super impressed with this guy, and kind of think he has to remain in the side.
          If Suaalii keeps falling for dummies and letting tries in he won't be around in the top team for very long.
          Other than that he had a good game and tackled well, with good technique.
          Keighran our top shelf goal kicker must start every game, we would've lost this game without his excellent kicking.

Comment

• Originally posted by Recky62 View Post
            Basically……
            Cummins sucks
            crackdowns done
            Robbo rules
            Roosters Rock
            the end
            Had to laugh when he spotted a Souths fan cheering for the Titans at the game. Why is there one in every crowd? There was even one at the Sydney Opera House forecourt when Oprah came to town..classy...

He did say that it's Sam Walker's 19th birthday next Wednesday and that he'd be buying him a present after that field goal. The extended highlights on the NRL website for the game go for 14 mins..the longest I've seen as normally they can be anywhere between 5 to 10 mins max..enjoy!

"It's these little things, they can pull you under
            Live your life filled with joy and wonder"

Comment

• Originally posted by Recky62 View Post
              Basically……
              Cummins sucks
              crackdowns done
              Robbo rules
              Roosters Rock
              the end
              Crackdowns are not gone.
              We had a player in the bin...the players should've learnt from what happened to Radley...obviously they haven't.
              We have several players on report.
              There go our next few games.
              Ridiculous.
              Robbo and our players STILL have not gotten the message.
              They still think their:
              "Bounce straight up" policy is a good idea.
              It is not.
              We should be doing fake crushers, and staying down if hit illegally, no matter how hard or softly.
              We should be taking swan dives at a
              every slap above the shoulders.
              We should be throwing our hands in the air in outrage at every perceived fore arm across throat etc foul play.
              We should be "refereeing the game".
              ...like other teams are doing.
              Hadley has been telling players for at least a decade, that if they get hit illegally, to:
              STAY DOWN AND MAKE THEM LOOK AT IT.

Comment

• Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post

Crackdowns are not gone.
                We had a player in the bin...the players should've learnt from what happened to Radley...obviously they haven't.
                We have several players on report.
                There go our next few games.
                Ridiculous.
                Robbo and our players STILL have not gotten the message.
                They still think their:
                "Bounce straight up" policy is a good idea.
                It is not.
                We should be doing fake crushers, and staying down if hit illegally, no matter how hard or softly.
                We should be taking swan dives at a
                every slap above the shoulders.
                We should be throwing our hands in the air in outrage at every perceived fore arm across throat etc foul play.
                We should be "refereeing the game".
                ...like other teams are doing.
                Hadley has been telling players for at least a decade, that if they get hit illegally, to:
                STAY DOWN AND MAKE THEM LOOK AT IT.
                Robbo wants to be morally upright. Ask Dietrich Bonhoeffer what being morally upright gets you. And yes, I did just compare the NRL to those bastards.

Comment

• Originally posted by BraveTheWorld View Post
                  I'm getting really tired of mentioning the referees after every game, but I thought today was absolutely disgusting. As soon as Proctor wasn't binned you could feel it coming. Set restart after set restart, somehow with the Titans having perfect discipline themselves. The penalty for a strip of two in the tackle, and a host of other calls were bordering on crooked. I'm not sure who initially said it, but every 50-50 and set restart going the way of the team getting pumped is getting really out of hand. I'm not sure that it's anti-Roosters bias exactly, but my goodness were the Titans managed back into that game.

Completely agree

We used to have empires run by emperors. Then we had kingdoms run by kings.
                  Now we have countries run by ………

Comment

• Originally posted by redwhiteblue View Post

Had to laugh when he spotted a Souths fan cheering for the Titans at the game. Why is there one in every crowd? There was even one at the Sydney Opera House forecourt when Oprah came to town..classy...

He did say that it's Sam Walker's 19th birthday next Wednesday and that he'd be buying him a present after that field goal. The extended highlights on the NRL website for the game go for 14 mins..the longest I've seen as normally they can be anywhere between 5 to 10 mins max..enjoy!
                    They call it the ‘random south’s fan’ and whilst they use it as a sign of pride that there’s always a south’s fan everywhere, the actual reason is that Souffs fans have some cognitive issue that they wake up, in the arvo, and immediately they think Souffs are playing regardless of the day or event so they put on their uniform and go out to do it all again.

Comment

• Originally posted by stringaz View Post
                      We are an incredible club. A huge threat to the NRLs agendas.

No other team could hack what they're dishing up to us each week in top of our injury toll.

That game was so crooked from the moment that dude put the ball on Morris foot, tiny tino and Ash Taylor staying on the field.

Cummins is just one of all the refs now who follow the instructions from the lying hypocrites that is the NRL.

Can't expect the chooks to play a GF every week. Just watching us defend all the time while they give a crap team the ball is pathetic. What did we win today anyway? 2 points. Proud fans? I couldn't be any more proud to support this club.

It's like watching someone repeatedly put the boot into my doggo. ****in sux.
                      The refereeing is not fair, but we just keep making mistakes by the truckload every game.
                      We just got possession, and Walker threw a long pass to open space and it went over the sideline.
                      Titans got possession...they are no longer a mug team...and the we had more tackling to do.
                      We rarely dominate possession in opposition's 20...but other teams do in ours.
                      We seem to think our chances will go on forever.
                      Last edited by bondi.boy; 06-13-2021, 01:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ROC181 View Post

They call it the ‘random south’s fan’ and whilst they use it as a sign of pride that there’s always a south’s fan everywhere, the actual reason is that Souffs fans have some cognitive issue that they wake up, in the arvo, and immediately they think Souffs are playing regardless of the day or event so they put on their uniform and go out to do it all again.
                        I used to catch the 400 bus from Bondi to Campsie to visit my nephew and we'd have a running joke about how many Souths fans I spotted. He'd ask me if they were wearing their 'church clothes' even if it was January..

Comment

• Originally posted by redwhiteblue View Post
                          I used to catch the 400 bus from Bondi to Campsie to visit my nephew and we'd have a running joke about how many Souths fans I spotted. He'd ask me if they were wearing their 'church clothes' even if it was January..
                          Or just defendants.

Comment

• Originally posted by Yeception 7 View Post
                            Can't watch lol
                            I watched but with my crochet red, white & blue blanket over my head at one stage..that's why we make them with holes... I made it when I was 13 so 40 years ago..

This thread is so funny/sad all at the same time when you go back and read it from the start..

Comment

• Just watching the mini on Kayo, and I reckon Vossy the Rabbit , did the edit , Proctors shot was missing BUT Marshke’s elbow was in there (which was fine IMO, he wasn’t looking at the player, but whatever) ….wow byast editing …amazing

Comment

• Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post

If Suaalii keeps falling for dummies and letting tries in he won't be around in the top team for very long.
                                Other than that he had a good game and tackled well, with good technique.
                                Keighran our top shelf goal kicker must start every game, we would've lost this game without his excellent kicking.
                                Suallia won't be around long? hehe yeah okay

Comment

Working...
                                X