No announcement yet.

Samy gettin ahead of himself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He showed huge compulosure, come back on injured, and rose to the occasion. Also the camera angle shows a perfect bullet pass from dummy half to him for the FG.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny73 View Post
      There was a celebration for about ten seconds then he took on the death stare as they all knew there would be a short kickoff.
      I was getting Roosters v Storm at Suncorp last year PTSD flashbacks at this point.

Just on Sammy. There's of photo of him in the sheds during the team song with both shoulders strapped up on ice.

So he went off after busting his other shoulder, only to come back on and kick the game winning field goal.

Both shoulders. Busted. Writhing pain. 18 years old and 78kg soaking wet against fully grown monsters.

What an absolute ****ing warrior and the heart of a true champion.

And yet this thread was made to criticise him. Unbelievable.

Comment

Originally posted by SupermanSupportsEasts4Eva View Post
        I didn't realise Russell Crowe posted on the chookpen

Often the criticism of some of our players on this site isn't just unfair, its pathetic.

If you don't like Sam Walker, go support Souffs
        Then I say Harry Grant's massively over-rated (compared to I dunno... Sam Walker) and they jump to his defence.

Don't wanna be too much of a wanaka coz I'm aware I've been a bit of a such and such on here lately. However, I really do reckon we should stick to sledging the opposition. Maybe Harry Grant's better than I think he is (probably is - in essence, I just get sick of hearing his name screamed out by commentators at the top of their lungs when there's a whole 80 minute contest going on and he's just a bookend). However, at least he's the enemy.

Walker's my boy. IMO he's ticking all the right boxes...
        Last edited by ism22; 06-13-2021, 01:30 PM.

Comment

his performances have been way ahead of what anyone could expect of him at this stage. you can't replace keary but what he's brought to the team means we can still pack a punch this year

Comment

Was so, so glad to see him over the moon after kicking the winning FG. It would have done his confidence a lot of good after Brisbane and was just what he needed. Once he knows he can do these things and only use his trademark passes sparingly, he’ll become a superstar like cronk. Loved his calculated pass to Toups. Seeing him so thrilled almost had me jumping up and down. Suuali had a very strong performance too. He’s pushing for regular inclusion in firsts snd I think we can’t afford to leave him out. His defense was ferocious and awesome and in attack he can break through walls of defenders.
            “Soon will the present day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead”- (Baha’u’llah)

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
              I was getting Roosters v Storm at Suncorp last year PTSD flashbacks at this point.

Just on Sammy. There's of photo of him in the sheds during the team song with both shoulders strapped up on ice.

So he went off after busting his other shoulder, only to come back on and kick the game winning field goal.

Both shoulders. Busted. Writhing pain. 18 years old and 78kg soaking wet against fully grown monsters.

What an absolute ****ing warrior and the heart of a true champion.

And yet this thread was made to criticise him. Unbelievable.
              What was it that the now mellow and worldly Ray Hadley used to say "They've never laced a boot in anger".

Comment

I that Sam struggles with the distance with sideline goal kicking. Hence his style changes and his accuracy.
                I imagine that will improve as he puts on the beef.
                Embrace the Hate! JC

Comment

Mate you should fair dinkum give yourself an uppercut , first a stupid post about Gus poking his tongue out and now 18 year old Sam is getting ahead of himself , .Can't figure it out .You are a dead set stirrer or a deadset goose .I'm leaning towards the latter at the moment

Comment

Originally posted by kruT View Post
                    Nice game..
                    Just Fark Arp you muppet!

Comment

At least Sammy scored and THEN celebrated..unlike some funny moments for Souths against us:

1. Nathan (I can't remember his surname) running and running out at Homebush but looking at himself on the big screen and then dropping the ball in round one in 2010 (Todd's first game for us). I went out on the club bus and this was the end result. Poor Tommy Symonds though getting a bad injury. I knew his mum at the time as she used to come into my shop and she was devastated when I ran into her afterwards which was understandable:

Another was when Chris Sandow was celebrating a try (which turned out NOT to be a try) and Braith standing over him saying "Next time, don't count your Roosters before they are hatched!"

Happy days...
                      "It's these little things, they can pull you under
                      Live your life filled with joy and wonder"

Comment

Originally posted by SupermanSupportsEasts4Eva View Post
                        I didn't realise Russell Crowe posted on the chookpen

Often the criticism of some of our players on this site isn't just unfair, its pathetic.

If you don't like Sam Walker, go support Souffs
                        Someone else here called me Russell Crowe. Walker is our future. Just a great natural talent. I hope he repays the club for giving him a chance and stays long term.

Comment

I think the goal kicking things that lets him down is the distance. Obviously because of his age and naturally a slight build he really has to whack it which in turn takes away accuracy. Like hitting a gold ball as hard as you can and hoping it goes just as straight as hitting it at 75% (for me at least].

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce 38-0 View Post
                            I think the goal kicking things that lets him down is the distance. Obviously because of his age and naturally a slight build he really has to whack it which in turn takes away accuracy. Like hitting a gold ball as hard as you can and hoping it goes just as straight as hitting it at 75% (for me at least].
                            Meet me at the Tattersalls tomorrow if you like.

Nick and I enjoy hitting gold balls off the rooftop while smoking dannemanns.

Comment

Get out the sickle and chop em down.
                              It’s what makes this country great
                              ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Now ,the missus and moi just dig Sammy Walker , his a outstanding footballer , BUT , his got two knackered shoulders already , so my questions is , and not just aimed young Walker ,but WTF happened to the using of shoulder pads ?

Comment

Working...
                                X