No announcement yet.

Angus the wanker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My response to this thread mirrors Robbo's - there are far wronger and more important issues about the game than Angus' tongue poke. Which fortunately Robbo took pains to point out in the presser. Good on him.

I'll ask those of you who were so upset by it - is a cheeky tongue poke worse sportsmanship than lying down and neck rubbing to get blokes sent off? Which we NEVER do.

Comment

GAGF all you virtue signalling flogs. Angus was having a bit of fun enjoying his footy.
      We used to have empires run by emperors. Then we had kingdoms run by kings.
      Now we have countries run by ………

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Walker View Post
        GAGF all you virtue signalling flogs. Angus was having a bit of fun enjoying his footy.
        Well said Andrew.

Comment

Is this really an issue..? How about the elephant in the room.. we nearly lost to one of the worst teams in the comp, while leaving by nearly 30 points ...!

Comment

Went close to making a goose of himself, it was a double movement for mine. Not with the arm, but crawling those extra metres can't count as momentum.
            Should have run straight at the fullback - would have trampled him. Gave the fullback a good shot by getting sideways.

Comment

Gene Simmons?

Comment

I think that's what David Fifita was trying to do in that girl's bedroom.

Comment

the tongue was neither here nor there for me but his use of the left arm could have been a problem. momentum carried him over but they could have taken it off him cos he was busy with the left arm

Comment

He did it against Canberra too.

Comment

Just worry about scoring the try - never liked the post or pre try celebration rubbish or the patting the opposition player on the head after they make an error.

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post
                        Just worry about scoring the try - never liked the post or pre try celebration rubbish or the patting the opposition player on the head after they make an error.
                        Agreed... I think sore losers and arrogant winners are the worst. To me players should focus on their own game and leave their form/skills to do the talking.

In general I reckon that a good sport is there to cheer on good performances and encourage their team mates. A bit of friendly banter's okay... but you're not there to heckle players while they're down or have a massive boast in their face.

One thing I'll note is that I wasn't very happy about our last 50 seconds (when Manu won their 'short' kick-off and got the final set of 6). We did the old Storm-style run the clock down tactic, then ran the ball backwards into touch. Call me whatever but IMO that should be a penalty. If there's 50 seconds on the clock then IMO you should have to make a serious attempt to play footy. If you're walking into players and then taking 15 seconds to get up and play the ball then I dunno... to me it isn't in the spirit of the game. IMO the same thing can be achieved by running properly, holding the pill in your bread basket with 2 hands (nice and safe), agreeing not to pass the ball and doing an easy grubber into touch on the 5th. It's unlikely they'll stop you from doing that, but I reckon you should have to do it rather than just holding onto the ball, waiting for the siren to go and then running backwards.

I'll pardon us this once though. The way Cummins was managing the game (and I mean managing, not reffing)... it threw a lot of good faith out the window. Had we played the final 50 properly, I reckon there's every chance that Cummins woulda missed a Titans 5-man strip, called a bollocks 2-pointer against us or found some other way to take away our 2 points. A broader issue with reffing is that if you do a shyte job, teams put their backs to the wall rather than being the players they wanna be.
                        Last edited by ism22; 06-13-2021, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

Agreed... I think sore losers and arrogant winners are the worst. To me players should focus on their own game and leave their form/skills to do the talking.

In general I reckon that a good sport is there to cheer on good performances and encourage their team mates. A bit of friendly banter's okay... but you're not there to heckle players while they're down or have a massive boast in their face.

One thing I'll note is that I wasn't very happy about our last 50 seconds (when Manu won their 'short' kick-off and got the final set of 6). We did the old Storm-style run the clock down tactic, then ran the ball backwards into touch. Call me whatever but IMO that should be a penalty. If there's 50 seconds on the clock then IMO you should have to make a serious attempt to play footy. If you're walking into players and then taking 15 seconds to get up and play the ball then I dunno... to me it isn't in the spirit of the game. IMO the same thing can be achieved by running properly, holding the pill in your bread basket with 2 hands (nice and safe), agreeing not to pass the ball and doing an easy grubber into touch on the 5th. It's unlikely they'll stop you from doing that, but I reckon you should have to do it rather than just holding onto the ball, waiting for the siren to go and then running backwards.
                          Hilarious. You have been off on a tangent lately Ism.

But you know what - after seeing the roosters run down the clock (as they're entitled to do) it wouldn't surprise me if the NRL do change the rules mid season to make it illegal. Just watch. Not the first time the NRL have changed rules specifically to target us.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Walker View Post
                            While I agree with ya, don’t you have any new material or is that the new buzz word around the beach cafes?
                            FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

I'll pardon us this once though. The way Cummins was managing the game (and I mean managing, not reffing)... it threw a lot of good faith out the window. Had we played the final 50 properly, I reckon there's every chance that Cummins woulda missed a Titans 5-man strip, called a bollocks 2-pointer against us or found some other way to take away our 2 points. A broader issue with reffing is that if you do a shyte job, teams put their backs to the wall rather than being the players they wanna be.
                              Fark you're good at essay writing
                              Most of what you're saying is articulate and deep but can you please summarise it?

Comment

Originally posted by theGman View Post

Fark you're good at essay writing
                                Most of what you're saying is articulate and deep but can you please summarise it?
                                Apparently Gus is a tosser , we should play the ball faster and Cummins is a cheat , I agree with one of those

Comment

Working...
                                X