X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure what night but it was a carbon copy of yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by ROC181 View Post
      This has been happening for a while but especially since Robbo has been coach. I think it was either Hassler or Stuart that had a meeting with the refs boss one time a few years ago to 'talk' about how their teams discipline can improve...or more like to have a personal whinge, but I think things improved for them. I wonder if Robbo has had some 1 on 1 with a refs boss before or maybe he doesn't care or probably knows that we push the issue just that little bit extra that warrants us as being one of the worst behaved team in the comp. It's ridiculous that after all of these years, we are still this bad.
      Good post. One the one side we can have the they're against us view. The penalty counts in recent years do seem absurd. It's become like an in joke and somehow accepted as normal. I've heard Freddy quote I think the total penalty counts won in like 10 years or something like that and he just laughs and shakes his head. On the other hand like you say ROC what are we doing about it? Any meeting with he refs a la Stuart and Hasler would have a beneficial effect. At least make them give some reasoning, if nothing else. I still can't buy into them having an intentional mindset to make us lose. But a lot of times lately I have wondered, to some extent.

Comment

There is a massive difference in the way some teams play. Just watching the Drizzle and they are up by plenty but in the one set , storm player gets tackled , walks off the mark and plays the ball and Harry Grant jumps out of dummy half and tries to get a penalty for markers not being square. Then last tackle Jahrome runs to the line and kicks then flops to the ground looking for the pen. No way Melba would ever buy into a gentleman’s agreement. I’m glad we play for premierships

Comment

Originally posted by redwhiteblue View Post

Was that on a Monday night?

I'm having some serious flashbacks now...
          Yep, SKD scored 4 tries, including the match winner. The Israel Folau try was amazing....you saw the ball bobble out but it didn't show what had happened or whether the ball had been forced by Folau, so the Video Ref gave him the benefit of the doubt. As soon as the green light went up, they miraculously found another angle showing Folau losing the ball in the tackle!

Comment

Originally posted by Headless Chook View Post

Yep, SKD scored 4 tries, including the match winner. The Israel Folau try was amazing....you saw the ball bobble out but it didn't show what had happened or whether the ball had been forced by Folau, so the Video Ref gave him the benefit of the doubt. As soon as the green light went up, they miraculously found another angle showing Folau losing the ball in the tackle!
            Yes how can I forget my mate? He was always a diamond for me, never rocks. I remember listening to that on the radio as I was living behind my shop back in those days in Charing Cross. Fun times..I had put a wooden spoon in the window in 2009 (attack is the best form of defence and it shut up the Souths fans in the area as they could see I had a sense of humour) and then a year later I could decorate it for grand final.
            "It's these little things, they can pull you under
            Live your life filled with joy and wonder"

Comment

Todd Carney sizzled that night.

And yes the Broncos phantom try was abominoous. Followed conveniently by a different angle of the incident a few seconds after it was given.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
                Todd Carney sizzled that season.

And yes the Broncos phantom try was abominoous. Followed conveniently by a different angle of the incident a few seconds after it was given.
                Fixed it for you! Yeah Toddle's scored a try and set up 4 others that night, he was so good for us that season, carried us on his back

Comment

In four games this season we have received 2 penalties or less.
                  Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Fixed it for you! Yeah Toddle's scored a try and set up 4 others that night, he was so good for us that season, carried us on his back
                    We had a lot of very good performers that year but Brian Smith allowed Carney to play footy and he was incredible.

Comment

Originally posted by Vasco View Post
                      In four games this season we have received 2 penalties or less.
                      Good Lord, there'll be more than 4 by the end of the season.

Comment

((4) Rd20 Broncos v Roosters (Hls) - YouTube

Comment

Would it be feasible to print off “Cummins is a cheat” T shirts and encourage our supporters to wear them (once inside the ground), next time he refs us?
                          Maybe the NRL would actually stand up and take notice of this little pr***s bias against us?

Comment

Are you counting 6 again calls? Its hard to keep the refs accountable for these. They give them to the side they want on the last tackle, in an attacking position. Then the ref will even up the six again calls by giving them to the other side on the first tackle, off their try line.

Comment

Qld were given a gift six again call, on the last, 10 m out from the NSW try line - then Munster kicked (he must not have hear the six again call).

Comment

Originally posted by The Corner Post View Post
                                ... They give them to the side they want on the last tackle, in an attacking position. Then the ref will even up the six again calls by giving them to the other side on the first tackle, off their try line.
                                That's what I'm observing too Corner Post. Such an approach directly led to the titans' first try and in this they were ably assisted by scummins.
                                "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
                                X