JWH and Marschke charged.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zac View Post

for the sake of argument if we accept that there was 'dangerous' contact to the head, surely ben's contact was at the lowest range. was careless rather than deliberate and he clipped him with the end of his elbow with minimal force
    There is no such thing as careless contact to the head given that he wasn't making a tackle.

He left the ground and turned his back, it's hard to argue it should've only been a grade one.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post

There is no such thing as careless contact to the head given that he wasn't making a tackle.

He left the ground and turned his back, it's hard to argue it should've only been a grade one.
      Of course he left the ground, as the kicker left the ground. That means stuff all. The contact was inconsequential and harmless.

There, I just argued it should have been grade one. Wasn't hard at all.

Comment

Originally posted by player 1 View Post

Of course he left the ground, as the kicker left the ground. That means stuff all. The contact was inconsequential and harmless.

i think so. the force of the contact has to be important

Comment

Marschke 2-3 weeks
          Proctor 1-2 weeks
          Hargreaves $Fine

I think they got that right, I think they probably could've let JWH off given there was minimal impact but you just can't hang an arm out there like that, it's lazy technique.
          Liu: not even charged?

Yeah... all looks good to me. Marschke won't be selected once Verrills and Lussick are back anyway. No bad blood but I suspect his 'suspension' will be done during some of his weeks off anyway.

Comment

I am curious to see what Isaiah Papaalii gets for intentionally placing his knee on Leilua's temple. One of the most dangerous things you can do and so far only a sin bin.

Comment

The grade 2 Marschke charge is another square up by the NRL to punish Robbo for once again pointing out how corrupt and stupid they are in last night's presser.

The refs, the MRC and the NRL are making a statement - we are untouchable and unaccountable, bad mouth us and just watch what happens.

There's been a cold war against us by the NRL for years, but now it's open warfare and they are out to destroy our club.
              Yep. It looks like Robbo is tired of it too.
              Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Originally posted by dice View Post
                I am curious to see what Isaiah Papaalii gets for intentionally placing his knee on Leilua's temple. One of the most dangerous things you can do and so far only a sin bin.
                How that wasn't a send off blows my mind. I know there was only 7 minutes left but still.
                I've been saying it for weeks that the NRL have cracked down on the wrong thing.
                They're heavily penalising and suspending accidental tackles meanwhile deliberate and dirty knees and forearms to the head, kicks and trips, etc. get off with nothing more than a slap on the wrist.
                These dirty dog acts are the ones the NRL can actually wipe out of the game through harsh punishments. Accidental high contact will always exist for as long as players are allowed to tackle.

Comment

Originally posted by BenCumminsIsACheat View Post

How that wasn't a send off blows my mind. I know there was only 7 minutes left but still.
                  I've been saying it for weeks that the NRL have cracked down on the wrong thing.
                  They're heavily penalising and suspending accidental tackles meanwhile deliberate and dirty knees and forearms to the head, kicks and trips, etc. get off with nothing more than a slap on the wrist.
                  These dirty dog acts are the ones the NRL can actually wipe out of the game through harsh punishments. Accidental high contact will always exist for as long as players are allowed to tackle.
                  and the intentional driving to the ground. We saw it again last night on Walker. Walker helpless and driven into the ground with maximum force. Destroying Cordner's career with similar tackles was not enough.

Comment

and the intentional driving to the ground. We saw it again last night on Walker. Walker helpless and driven into the ground with maximum force. Destroying Cordner's career with similar tackles was not enough.
                    Actually Dice I had the same thoughts as you about that tackle

Comment

Leaving the ground is a very important factor in the make up of his suspension as it makes it a careless attempt. When your elbow is in its natural position and it's level with an opposition players cheekbone because you've jumped and turned your back it's careless.

They may be able to argue it down to a grade to a grade 1 based on contact but they would need to go in with a better argument than "the kicker jumped".

Forget the agenda and judge it for what it is. We got stiffed on many things in the Titans game but this wasn't one of them.

Comment

Leaving the ground is a very important factor in the make up of his suspension as it makes it a careless attempt. When your elbow is in its natural position and it's level with an opposition players cheekbone because you've jumped and turned your back it's careless.

They may be able to argue it down to a grade to a grade 1 based on contact but they would need to go in with a better argument than "the kicker jumped".

Forget the agenda and judge it for what it is. We got stiffed on many things in the Titans game but this wasn't one of them.
                        You'd like to think reasoning and quality of argument make a difference, but there is no evidence of that with this MRC and judiciary.

The Feldt tackle got a grade 1, and Marshke's contact was less dangerous. How's that for a better argument? Now go and judge that for what it is.

Comment

You'd like to think reasoning and quality of argument make a difference, but there is no evidence of that with this MRC and judiciary.

The Feldt tackle got a grade 1, and Marshke's contact was less dangerous. How's that for a better argument? Now go and judge that for what it is.
                          The Feldt suspension was a 'High tackle', Marschke is up for 'Dangerous contact' so there's no legal grounds in comparing the 2 incidents.

Comment

Yep 100%.
                            Those tackles are far worse than the phantom crushers that get called every week.
                            Certainly something to keep an eye on moving forward, although those in charge are far too stupid to see what's going on

Comment

I know this isn't Roosters related but how does Hetherington even get charged? What was he supposed to do?

I don't have a problem with the crackdown because I've seen the effects of dementia on immediate family. I have a huge problem with the inconsistencies. How is Hetherington the same grading as JWH? The problem is fixable if the NRL has the guts to fix it. Dropping the bunker, Cummins & the Broncos referees are a start.

Comment

Marschke should challenge, 100% accidental contact

Comment

Working...
                                X